error on toon select sceen

@"Wulfman.5024" said:I am getting an error box saying "0.63: error: couldn't find attach point 4". i can close the window and game seems to play finethis only happened after wintersday patch I can send a screen photo if needed as a screen shot does not show the error box.

did you use an overlay tool like damage meter or gw2timer ? check your Guild Wars 2\bin64 folder for a d3d9.dll file. it should have a different date than the other files. if you delete that file, that error box should be gone.

• 1 year later...

2 years later same error happends during the same period of time.

Jul 12 12:37:19 arcdps 20190611.190540-300-x64Jul 12 12:37:21 client: gw2 0x13FF00000-0x14241D000 (0xEC5358AD)Jul 12 12:37:21 client: arcdps 0x7FEF7CC0000-0x7FEF7D6F000 (0xFB61710F)Jul 12 12:37:21 client: d3d9 0x7FEF6610000-0x7FEF680F000 (0x68D330FD)Jul 12 12:37:24 extensions: buildtemplates 0x7FEF7BA0000-0x7FEF7BB3000 (20190305.201717-289-x64, 0x7621E183)Jul 12 12:37:24 extensions: extras 0x7FEF78D0000-0x7FEF78F6000 (20190611.190514-300-x64, 0xEDD506DC)Jul 12 12:37:24 config: loading from "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\addons\arcdps\arcdps.ini"Jul 12 13:14:14 error: intercepted crash from client assertion fail, terminatingJul 12 13:14:14 error: assertion: "......\Services\JobManager\Windows\JobManager.cpp", "AtomicLoad(group->jobCount) == 0", 373

And yes I do use arcdps templateI really think that addon written by the guild wars 2 creators (that doesnt crash once every two weeks) will be alot more apreciated than any type of new content goin' on.Honestly, almost no1 cares about the 'recount' part in the addon, this addons is mostly apreciated for its build template part. I dont believe that anyone with his right mind will deny the benefits of that, expecially if its written by the game devs, and the users can freely use it without putting their accounts at risk. I have atleast 5 friends with 295 masteries that doesnt use this wonderful tool just because they are fraid not to get permanently banned for silly reasons like "your addon shows the exact health of the boss/target, son, this is cheatinK!" (you got my point here).I believe this is one step into the right direction.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. ArcDPS is an overlay/addon and it is not supported as it is developped by an outsider and not by arenanet. Nobody does deny it's benefits or anything, the fact remains that it is a tool not made/provided and supported by arenanet. You use it on your own risk and if things break down cause of it, it is not the responsability for arenanet to fix it.

This doesn't mean you risk your account. You use it on your own risk, that is something different. An add-on doesnt put your account on risk. What the add-on does might. So far the latest version of ArcDPS does not do anything that gives you any risk of loosing your account, but it is updated regularly and if the creator adds a fucntionality that is not allowed, using this fucntionality will put your account at risk.

I remember an addon doing such thing (If I remember correctly it might even have been ArcDPS). Thats why I insist on using the latest version. This was resolved by the creator by removing the unwanted functionality.

If you are suggesting ArenaNet create their own 'Build Template', good news! They are working on just such a thing, as announced on the News Blog several weeks ago.
But, a suggestion is not a bug, or tech issue, so would not belong in this particular sub-forum.

If you are reporting a bug associated with ArcDPS, then the 'fix' for the bug is to download the updated version of ArcDPS. Still not a bug with Guild Wars 2, though.

Good luck.

I love players who never read the addon author's site that says never to make any reports or posts on the forum to report gambling problems when it has nothing to do with the game.

It is written in capital letters and red this:IMPORTANT: DO NOT CONTACT ARENANET SUPPORT OR REQUEST HELP ON THE OFFICIAL FORUMS WHILE USING THIS MODIFICATION BY ANY MEANS OR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EVER.

So I really wonder if they have understood what they are using and if they can use it properly since they have not read the site.I mean, it's to find out who has the biggest one.Let's see, it's obvious Tequatl has the biggest one!

There is no death of a man per se, but this side of not having read always makes me be doubtful, especially since after that we can hear things like "this crash game always" when it is not related to the game, well.

@Monarch.7241 said:And yes I do use arcdps templateI really think that addon written by the guild wars 2 creators (that doesnt crash once every two weeks) will be alot more apreciated than any type of new content goin' on.Honestly, almost no1 cares about the 'recount' part in the addon, this addons is mostly apreciated for its build template part.

It is safe to assume that an in-game build template saver will be released this year.