@GoldenPants.1870 said:

@Batel.9206 said:I have no idea what that thing even is, but it's
adorable
. It's like a bipedal fennec fox! ...with...four ears...what in Tyria
is
this? All I know is that it's cute. :tongue:

It's like a charr.. But if charrs would be a mount :D

It has four ears, we have four ears !

No way that's a charr.... Charr are feline... That cute foxy adorable creature is a canine, Or it might be a macropodidae...

No matter... It's so cute... Anet really outdid themselves creating such a cute digital animal / mount

All those creatures skin are cool but they are no lore behind them not even npcs using them. Some have a name of a specific map and you don't see them within that map. Sure you can see olmakhans on skimmer or mist warrior on warclaw but nothing more. No one on jackal or gryphon or skyscale if I remember well. But well, you will never see that new raptor skin or shrine guardian anywhere kinda immersion breaking to not find them anywhere.

@Misterred.1873 said:

@Mikali.9651 said:I like how it is a meaningful in-game reward for doing various activities. Oh wait.

I mean the other mount skins have been gemstore items to... Sooo...

In any case, it is super adorable, I love it's fuzzy face. '3'

I did something bad, but other ppl do bad things too! guess that makes the thing I did not bad.

Charging for the fruit of your labor isn't bad...

Or do you refuse to accept a paycheck for your work?

@hugo.4705 said:All those creatures skin are cool but they are no lore behind them not even npcs using them. Some have a name of a specific map and you don't see them within that map. Sure you can see olmakhans on skimmer or mist warrior on warclaw but nothing more. No one on jackal or gryphon or skyscale if I remember well. But well, you will never see that new raptor skin or shrine guardian anywhere kinda immersion breaking to not find them anywhere.

I understood the skins to be black lion creations - glamours/holograms of some sort that fit over your mount, hence why you don’t see them in the wild

@Randulf.7614 said:It isnt one im over keen in, but the lack of a decent preview with dues is poss the cause. I saw a horribly garish pink one earlier, so if anyone has some decent non neon photos, id be interested in seeing them

Saw a very tasteful dyed version that was pale pink tips/reins/saddle with everything else white. Their fellow guildie had dyed theirs to be white with gray tips and red gems. Maybe you just got unlucky with seeing some people's bad dye choices?

That aside, while I currently can't get it it's definitely a skin I'll be keeping an eye out for in the future when i have gems/spare gold. Absolutely adoring the details in the ears and eye movements. The tiny twitchings of the ears and the eye movements in accordance to it remind me exactly of what I've seen cats (or most four-legged wild predatory creatures) do.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Mikali.9651 said:I like how it is a meaningful in-game reward for doing various activities. Oh wait.

I did something bad, but other ppl do bad things too! guess that makes the thing I did not bad.

I already payed when i bought the game, and the expansion, and another expansion. Id like to keep playing the game without having to spend all my money for rewards.

@Misterred.1873 said:

I already payed when i bought the game, and the expansion, and another expansion. Id like to keep playing the game without having to spend all my money for rewards.

Luckily, you do not have to.

Your boss paid you last month, the month before, and the month before that. So....you are going to refuse any future pay for your work right?

@Misterred.1873 said:

That's fair, but the mount skin isn't a reward. You receive the raptor mount as a reward for completing the Sparking the Flame chapter of Act 1: Path of Fire. A mountfit from the gem store is an optional accessory. Regardless of what skin or dyes are put on the raptor, everyone's raptor has the same stats, same abilities, and performs the exact same way.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Mikali.9651" said:I like how it is a meaningful in-game reward for doing various activities. Oh wait.

That's fair, but the mount skin isn't a reward. You receive the raptor mount as a reward for completing the Sparking the Flame chapter of Act 1: Path of Fire. A mountfit from the gem store is an optional accessory. Regardless of what skin or dyes are put on the raptor, everyone's raptor has the same stats, same abilities, and performs the exact same way.

Yes but if you want a cool looking raptor you gotta pay, not a single in game obtainable skin for your mounts. were almost at a point there are more skins in gemstore then obtainable in game. and tbh i dont rly care about them, since i dont give them value. The problem i have is that they put all their "content" into the gemstore instead of ways to get them in game. Just imaginee if you saw a mount and could reqognise it because its from a raid, or a fractal, or dungeon, or pvp or wvw. these days you dont have that, there are so many mount skins which makes them all look alike and valueless. Nothing prestige about taking your credit card and paying 25 bucks

@Ashen.2907 said:

Luckily, you do not have to.

Your boss paid you last month, the month before, and the month before that. So....you are going to refuse any future pay for your work right?

Im not asking them to make the mount skin tho

@Misterred.1873 said:

@"Mikali.9651" said:I like how it is a meaningful in-game reward for doing various activities. Oh wait.

Yes but if you want a cool looking raptor you gotta pay, not a single in game obtainable skin for your mounts. were almost at a point there are more skins in gemstore then obtainable in game. and tbh i dont rly care about them, since i dont give them value. The problem i have is that they put all their "content" into the gemstore instead of ways to get them in game. Just imaginee if you saw a mount and could reqognise it because its from a raid, or a fractal, or dungeon, or pvp or wvw. these days you dont have that, there are so many mount skins which makes them all look alike and valueless. Nothing prestige about taking your credit card and paying 25 bucks

That's true, but considering we are playing a subscription free game, they have to generate revenue, and the method they use to do so is via the gem store selling optional cosmetic only items, as well as QoL account enhancements (like character slots, etc), while also at the same time, creating a system that allows the player to purchase said gems by using in game gold.

Would it be nice to be able to earn mount skins in game? Sure. Even if they were just the default ones with 4 dye channels. But they want you...no, they NEED you to buy skins otherwise the servers shut, they lose their jobs, and we all wonder what to do with our spare time. It's simple as that.

Now as for recognizing mounts that came from a raid, etc, that's an empty vase. Early on in WoW, people would flaunt prestige mounts like Ashes of Alar or Reigns of the Raven God, when really all it meant was they were part of a group that defeated that boss, saw the item drop, and they were lucky to win it. Years later, people were able to SOLO those instances for the same mount. Achievement mounts? Same thing. So in 2019, if you see someone on Ashes of Alar, were they a dedicated raider during The Burning Crusade and a stalwart member of the community all these years, or just some random person who started soloing the content in 2012 and eventually got lucky?

So players need to stop trying to pin their feelings of worth and importance onto virtual items in a made up game that caters to casual players. It's just a game, so we need to stop pretending it is more than that - and suddenly players will be a lot more content with their individual circumstances. :+1:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

That's true, but considering we are playing a subscription free game, they have to generate revenue, and the method they use to do so is via the gem store selling optional cosmetic only items, as well as QoL account enhancements (like character slots, etc), while also at the same time, creating a system that allows the player to purchase said gems by using in game gold.

Would it be nice to be able to earn mount skins in game? Sure. Even if they were just the default ones with 4 dye channels. But they want you...no, they NEED you to buy skins otherwise the servers shut, they lose their jobs, and we all wonder what to do with our spare time. It's simple as that.

Now as for recognizing mounts that came from a raid, etc, that's an empty vase. Early on in WoW, people would flaunt prestige mounts like Ashes of Alar or Reigns of the Raven God, when really all it meant was they were part of a group that defeated that boss, saw the item drop, and they were lucky to win it. Years later, people were able to SOLO those instances for the same mount. Achievement mounts? Same thing. So in 2019, if you see someone on Ashes of Alar, were they a dedicated raider during The Burning Crusade and a stalwart member of the community all these years, or just some random person who started soloing the content in 2012 and eventually got lucky?

So players need to stop trying to pin their feelings of worth and importance onto virtual items in a made up game that caters to casual players. It's just a game, so we need to stop pretending it is more than that - and suddenly players will be a lot more content with their individual circumstances. :+1:

While I sort off agree.

You shouldn't really devalue

A) the strength of a visual reminder of what one has achieved.

B) the worth a videogame has for people. Vor example in osrs their are people with maxed uim. This is a giant achievement, even tho it's just a videogame.

@Misterred.1873 said:

Every single mount skin can be acquired via in game effort.

But, yeah, I do like the idea of some content specific rewards too.