Game shows only cursor after update

After the recent small bugfix, I see the hand cursor used to rotate the character in character selection and hear the character selection screen music after running the game and nothing else. If I press Enter, I don't hear the button "clink"

I restarted my PC and deleted my damage metrics overlay, still nothing. I tried Alt+Enter in case it were a fullscreen issue, but nothing happened either. I've got a very slow connection so please don't tell me to reinstall the game, it will take ages.

Running Windows 10 Pro.

I tried repairing the client, no dice.

I also tried clearing the cache in the %temp% folder and it did nothing.

I think I found the solution, or at least the cause.

However, while troubleshooting, I forgot a very basic step: close my other background programs, like RivaTuner, ASUS GPU Tweak and Logitech Gaming Software. I closed all of them and the game ran fine. I singled the problem out to RivaTuner Statistics Server, I use it to cap my FPS. I was able to recreate the problem, if I have RivaTuner running, the game won't show anything except the cursor. If I close it, it's fine. Since I rarely (or rather, almost never) reach my 162 FPS cap with GW2, it's not a huge deal.

This app has never caused any issues in the past either with GW2 or other games, but I did get a large-ish Windows update recently, so something might be bickering after the update.