How I hope the future of engies will look like

Rico.6873

Base/Core Engineer: strong class for Condition damageScrapper: Strong engineer for supportingHolosmith: Strong engineer for Power damage

Classes can be tweaked on each spec but they would be less powerful then the other specializations fulfilling those roles (DPS/Condi/Support)

Chances are small on getting this but its a hope and a dreamWhat are your thoughts on this?Would you rather have the specialization/core with a different strength?

Engis are already in a good do-it-all spot tbh.

Core Power and Condi are pretty simple but not very interesting to play.

Condi Scrapper is pretty nuts. (Especially when yu combo Pistol projectile finishers with Poison field Toolbelt and Fire Field Blast Gyro)

Power Scrapper is a decent bruiser.

Power Holo is a good bruiser fighter

Condi Holo is kinda weird but has decent bursts of burning and bleeding.

What I want for Engi is to simply have some updates to Kits.

Kits used to be the defining feature of Engineers : a cool class with multiple tools for the job, a real handy man.

With Elite Specs becoming more dominant in every way due to specific focus of strengths that the Elite Specs are designed to do, Kits become more clunky or an afterthought.

(And I sure as hell do not want an Elite Spec which is gonna simply be im a Kit master, I have all these Kits!)Hell no.

I rather they rework entire Inventions line with traits supporting Kits, alters Kits, alters Turrets, and rework Turrets altogether.

Like I would be 100% down for a trait which turns Turrets into Kits.

For example I can pick up a Rifle Turret for a short period of time and use it as a machine gun, or pick up Thumper Turret and use it as a bashing melee weapon.

@Yasai.3549 said:Condi Scrapper is pretty nuts. (Especially when yu combo Pistol projectile finishers with Poison field Toolbelt and Fire Field Blast Gyro)Haha wat? You get like 1 or maybe 2 finishers off for the duration (which is what, like 500 poison damage?) - the same duration in which a warrior can kill you twice if you're stupid enough to stand still in your own poison field. I fail to see whats especially pretty nuts about it.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Haha wat? You get like 1 or maybe 2 finishers off for the duration (which is what, like 500 poison damage?) - the same duration in which a warrior can kill you twice if you're stupid enough to stand still in your own poison field. I fail to see whats especially pretty nuts about it.

Condi Bunker Scrapper was pretty dominant in PvP before the Barrier nerfs.

@Yasai.3549 said:

Haha wat? You get like 1 or maybe 2 finishers off for the duration (which is what, like 500 poison damage?) - the same duration in which a warrior can kill you twice if you're stupid enough to stand still in your own poison field. I fail to see whats
especially pretty nuts
about it.

Condi Bunker Scrapper was pretty dominant in PvP before the Barrier nerfs.I'm sure it was, and I'm also sure it wasnt due to comboing projectile finishers in poison fields. Such a finisher does 1 stack of 4s poison - or around 500 damage on a 100% poison duration/1500ish condi dmg sPvP build.

@Naxos.2503 said:I like me my condi holo. I dont care how efficient does the meta consider it, there is Something very satisfying in being able to output a full stack of burns on your own. Definitely could do without that arbitrary Toolbelt lockup though...Well then at least you got your love for holo left. It's sad when scrapper has gone from being around an 8 out of 10 on the condi roaming scale - capable of competing with pretty much any of the strongest roamers power or condi, but suffering the same exponential efficency loss as any other condi build when fighting condi cleansers or groups - down to maybe a 4 out of 10, only surviving on it's burst damage and having the stealth gyro (literally, the stealth gyro is the only leg left it has to stand on). In the hands of a good player it can still do some damage but it cant really compete anymore with other roaming builds.

@redwing.9580 said:

@Ambrosius Custard.8137 said:Post patch though they aren't dominant at any facet of the game. I wouldn't even say that Power Scrappers make 'decent' bruisers. I cannot stress enough at how much of a joke the Scrapper rework is as it currently stands.

guess you don't play wvw huh?

You mean where medkit Scrapper got nothing but nerfs (though admittedly I do kinda like Damage Dampener)? Ye I play it. Why?

@Ambrosius Custard.8137 said:

@Ambrosius Custard.8137 said:Post patch though they aren't dominant at any facet of the game. I wouldn't even say that Power Scrappers make 'decent' bruisers. I cannot stress enough at how much of a joke the Scrapper rework is as it currently stands.

You mean where medkit Scrapper got nothing but nerfs (though admittedly I do kinda like Damage Dampener)? Ye I play it. Why?

then you'd know it is still one of the top picks, the only part of the support that class provides that they got ride of was the small bit of healing rapid regen gave

@redwing.9580 said:

then you'd know it is still one of the top picks, the only part of the support that class provides that they got ride of was the small bit of healing rapid regen gave

It clings on mainly because of the synergy between the Invention and Elixir lines, the Medkit, the Elixir Gun and traits like PoP, which were untouched in the latest patch. They haven't just gotten rid of stuff like Rapid Regen (which wasn't just self sustain but also synergised great with Med Dispersion) either, you've now also lost the self sustain that the Scrapper line offered support through Rec Matrix, old Impact Savant and old Adaptive Armor, and you don't get the flex slot of the elite toolbelt skill as you're now forced to have just Function Gyro, which absolutely sucks unless you're fighting clueless randos that don't know you can breathe in the direction of it and get rid of it. Like it's only real use is as an elite toolbelt skill that grants 5s of Superspeed if it's traited... woo. Previously you could slot Supply Crate instead of SG and get the crazy condi cleanse on the elite toolbelt. Really beyond the quickness up time from Applied Force, I'm only really taking Scrapper still for Bulwark Gyro and Sneak Gyro depending on who I run with, as my other slot tends to alternate between Purge Gyro or Elixir S (the former potentially being replaceable with Elixir C honestly). Pre-patch the Scrapper offered a huge amount to a support role, now it offers a couple of bits baked in with a disadvantage. I'm seriously contemplating in seeing how a core engi works out in the role and swap out Scrapper for Tools, losing BG/SG would suck but in return you'd gain the reduced CD on the toolbelt, constant Vigor uptime, no hit to your Vit, another stun break (so you can use the Elixir Gun toolbelt for other stuff), decent quickness up time and the ability to have SC condi cleanse/heal on the toolbelt. It'd be a real no brainer if engis in general didn't have such garbage choice of one handed weapons.

Also what's this got to do with what I originally said anyway? The person I initially posted a response to was talking about Condi Scrappers... who really are in the toilet now.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:Wow, no, hold up, Condi Scrapper was never a great build in PvP and now it's fallen off a cliff

I thought the exact same thing. Gotta wonder what other people play and how meme it can be.

Condi scrapper/holo/engi has been bad in PvP for like .. 4 years now? 4 years!! That's how fugging glacial the pace of balance is in this game. I don't know. I go back in and play a few games with it every so often, but it just keeps getting worse and worse.

• The gradual addition of condi cleanse but no extra cover conditions being added to engi to keep up with the arms race
  • The great condi nerf patch with reduced stacks and longer durations, which basically doubled the effectiveness of cleanse
  • Now the scrapper balance patch removing all of condi scrapper's sustain and cutting 3000hp. It's a huge slap in the face.

I find myself barely playing the game any more since the builds I like to play have been so bad for so long. I don't enjoy the holo playstyle, so apparently I'm SOL.

As it stands now, I'm only sticking around to do WvW with my guild a few nights a week..