Thank you for the Skyscale

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Etria.3642 said:Today's daily includes Orr Vista. I skyscaled up and sat for a second to organize inventory. The next ten folks to come up to my vista: 6 used skyscale. 2 griffon. 1 springer(who then ported a friend via mes portal). Not one used the jump up yourself method. Considering this was base Tyria though I expected fewer skyscales. And btw I need to get better at picking dyes. Some of the skins were truly gorgeous. I might sit here and people(mount?) watch a bit longer.

Wait, I thought everyone got their Orr Vista done at the bow of the airship parked in Fort Trinity? No? Just me then?

Not just you, that's my preferred Orr Vista too. :)

@Kaliwenda.3428 said:

@Etria.3642 said:Today's daily includes Orr Vista. I skyscaled up and sat for a second to organize inventory. The next ten folks to come up to my vista: 6 used skyscale. 2 griffon. 1 springer(who then ported a friend via mes portal). Not one used the jump up yourself method. Considering this was base Tyria though I expected fewer skyscales. And btw I need to get better at picking dyes. Some of the skins were truly gorgeous. I might sit here and people(mount?) watch a bit longer.

Wait, I thought everyone got their Orr Vista done at the bow of the airship parked in Fort Trinity? No? Just me then?

I actually prefer the one in Siren's Landing now. Use portal scroll to get to the map (free), run a short distance towards the vista (maybe stopping to use helpful banners and log a tree), springer or skyscale up to the vista, done. It's faster and doesn't have my camera do wonky things like happens running along the airship side.

On topic, I'm very pleased with the skyscale in most regards. I do still use other mounts, even springer, but if I need to go up and across a gap, it's skyscale all the way.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

This is the one just north of Pagga. Getcher logs, getcher Vista. ;)

@Donari.5237 said:

I actually prefer the one in Siren's Landing now. Use portal scroll to get to the map (free), run a short distance towards the vista (maybe stopping to use helpful banners and log a tree), springer or skyscale up to the vista, done. It's faster and doesn't have my camera do wonky things like happens running along the airship side.

On topic, I'm very pleased with the skyscale in most regards. I do still use other mounts, even springer, but if I need to go up and across a gap, it's skyscale all the way.

Thanks for giving me something new to try! I just got the Siren's Landing portal scroll and the Season 3 Tome, and I had a lot of fun taking the skyscale around that map to gather mats and volatile magic. :)

lol, great to see this appreciation post after the floods of complaints from the 'i paid for the game, therefore i'm entitled to get the mount with as little effort as possible' ppl :lol:

for someone like me who spent max 2hr on new contents whenever they come out, it was actually the right pace for me, do the meta once and then skyscale collection, then off to do my regular daily farm rotation

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@"Irreverent.3594" said:Seriously people who cry about "grind" for Skyscale haven't really experienced real grind. Try BDO, that's where REAL grind is.

And ye, still loving my Skyscale! Best mount!

Yup, have to agree. Compared to whats in other games, the skyscale was -light-

Yeah, but that's like going to the movie theatre to watch "My Big Fat Greek Wedding - Part 3" and then complain about the lack of car chases or fight scenes. GW2 has always been marketed as a title that minimizes the grind vs. traditional MMOs. That is likely part of why the reaction was what it was.

That and the Skyscale collection was legions longer to complete than any other mount collection, including the Griffon. As someone who just helped his wife complete the Griff collection, it's a joke by comparison in terms of the time required to complete it.

Something i dont understand, you can get griffon and beetle skins in the adoption licenses, but not the warclaw or skyscale. For that you have to buy the big 25 dollar skins or packs. Why cant we get regular skins for them in the adoption licenses.

@"Irreverent.3594" said:Seriously people who cry about "grind" for Skyscale haven't really experienced real grind. Try BDO, that's where REAL grind is.

It was a grind and if you arent a veteran player thats been saving up charged quarts for years it was expensive also. The cost of the skyscale was 257gold if you didnt have all the food etc you needed not to mention the 35g to buy the saddle. I dont play BDO because i dont like those kinds of games for that reason.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Yup, have to agree. Compared to whats in other games, the skyscale was -light-

Yeah, but that's like going to the movie theatre to watch "My Big Fat Greek Wedding - Part 3" and then complain about the lack of car chases or fight scenes. GW2 has always been marketed as a title that minimizes the grind vs. traditional MMOs. That is likely part of why the reaction was what it was.

That and the Skyscale collection was legions longer to complete than any other mount collection, including the Griffon. As someone who just helped his wife complete the Griff collection, it's a joke by comparison in terms of the time required to complete it.

The skyscale is an optional mount, its not required. Nor is the beetle or griffon.Games needs to have prestige items that shows have you made an effort to aquire something. Theres a very low ceiling in Guild Wars 2, dont ask to have everything served on a silver-plate.Its really only an instant gratification issue. Theres -plenty- of ways to gather the mats for the saddle over time if you are not impatient.

Actually the journey was super fun. Revisiting many zones and contents across Tyria (except HoT and LS3 zones).

@Tiviana.2650 said:It was a grind and if you arent a veteran player thats been saving up charged quarts for years it was expensive also. The cost of the skyscale was 257gold if you didnt have all the food etc you needed not to mention the 35g to buy the saddle. I dont play BDO because i dont like those kinds of games for that reason.

In this situation, maybe acquiring the skyscale shouldn't be your priority.