Issue: Mount keyboard movement randomly goes awry — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Issue: Mount keyboard movement randomly goes awry

I mostly move using keyboard, using the arrow keys. This works really well most of the time.

However, maybe 1 to 3 times a day (I play probably a couple of hours on the days I play), after I mount up, the mounts don't respond properly to my keyboard moves. I see it mostly on the raptor (probably because I use it most), but also on other mounts. I will mount up and try to turn in the direction I want to move, but the mount will stagger like a drunk and refuse to turn.
Once I either a) turn the right direction using the mouse or b) dismount and mount up again, it works correctly.
My keyboard setup is Turn Left = Left Arrow, Turn Right = Right Arrow, Move Forward = W, Up Arrow, Move Backward = Down Arrow.

Comments

• I use arrows to move too BUT i use mouse to steer, meaning to turn camera left or rightin the direction i want to go.

• Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2019

I see the same thing all the time. (Or the mount turns in some completely random direction/amount.) The mounts won't let you steer to the sides until you move forward. As annoying as it is, you can avoid it by just moving forward a little bit before you turn.

• Miraculix.2795Miraculix.2795 Member ✭✭
    edited August 3, 2019

@Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 said:
    I see the same thing all the time. (Or the mount turns in some completely random direction/amount.) The mounts won't let you steer to the sides until you move forward. As annoying as it is, you can avoid it by just moving forward a little bit before you turn.

This tip has been a lifesaver! Thanks a lot!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.