Returning to the game with 2 boosted characters, could use some guidance.

A while ago I used my level 80 boosts (From a Path of Fire pre-order deal)despite having only ever leveled a character to level 50 before. I haven't played a whole lot since, nor did I very much before that even but now I have a renewed interest in the game. Right now I have a boosted guardian and ranger which are basically fresh with all the boosted gear aside from switching out my guardian weapons for ones I like better and I'm essentially a new player. Right now, I'm pretty content just doing the low level content and participating in events but as I get ready fill out my character a bit more I'm a little lost. Which method would be best for farming hero points for elite specs? What higher level content should I look into first? I have vague memories of doing dungeons but I don't really know how any of the group content works anymore so any input on that would be much appreciated. Any other tips for a basically new player? Thanks a ton for bearing with me and thanks in advance for your replies!

@"babudabu.3820" said:A while ago I used my level 80 boosts (From a Path of Fire pre-order deal)despite having only ever leveled a character to level 50 before. I haven't played a whole lot since, nor did I very much before that even but now I have a renewed interest in the game. Right now I have a boosted guardian and ranger which are basically fresh with all the boosted gear aside from switching out my guardian weapons for ones I like better and I'm essentially a new player. Right now, I'm pretty content just doing the low level content and participating in events but as I get ready fill out my character a bit more I'm a little lost. Which method would be best for farming hero points for elite specs? What higher level content should I look into first? I have vague memories of doing dungeons but I don't really know how any of the group content works anymore so any input on that would be much appreciated. Any other tips for a basically new player? Thanks a ton for bearing with me and thanks in advance for your replies!

For Elite specializations, you'll want to get your hero points in the Expansion maps, where each hero points reward you with 10 points per. Generally doing one tour of one expansion's maps is enough to land you pretty much all your hero points, without too much hassle.

As far as content go, I would recommend doing maybe a few dungeons, first on story then on Explorable to get your feet wet a little bit. After that, try your hand at level 80 map metas to experience larger group contents. The Auric Basin and Dragon Stand are good places to start in my book, with the first one being a matter of timing and discipline, and the second being a matter of coordination and teamwork. Both are excellent starters. Keep an eye out for popular world boss events, such as Tequatl, the Shatterer or the Triple Trouble Wurms.

https://gw2timer.com/?enu_Language=en This Handy little device, while it looks daunting to read, is Exceptionally useful if you want to participate in a specific meta or world boss, and need to be there on time. I highly recommend using it to get a hang on when-does-what-happens-where.

Note though, there is Nothing wrong with going back and experiencing the My Story part with fully boosted chars. It's still enjoyable, even if you have most skills unlocked, it doesn't mean you'll fly through it necessarily. More to the point, it'll give you opportunities to explore your character classes and skill choices in a confined and controlled environement. Test out combos and builds that you are curious about, and find your preference, then try it it in the wider world. In my book, it's more enjoyable to first experiment with what you'd like out of a character, and then having a look at dedicated builds to see what falls closest to your original wishes.

Once you consider you have a solid hang on your character, try yourself at fractals, and when you feel you're flying through fractals easily, it'll be time to consider Raids, PvP or WvW, if any is your type of thing.

I hope any of that rambling was useful to you ! If you have any further questions, or need for clarifications, dont hesitate to poke