Legendary Rune/Sigil Removal

So I am already aware of the very high costs of these new items from several threads here on the forums, however this topic is not meant to talk about that. I already have a few sets of legendary armor, so more than likely I'll stick to using regular runes as they easily pop off when I apply a new one to a piece of legendary armor. I don't have any legendary weapons, and probably never will as I play a number of characters each of which are not using the same types of weapons they were a year or two ago. So making a legendary weapon or two would not be the most useful or beneficial to me.

With this in mind, I am considering making two legendary sigils (just considering atm). But what I would like to know is once they are attached to an ascended weapon, is there a feature to unequip them from the weapon? Or do I have to get them back in a destructive or cost related manner such as a salvage kit or upgrade extractor (extractor costs: 3/ 250 gems, 2340 gold for the endless one). I'm assuming here that a sigil pops off of a legendary weapon in the same way that a rune does for a legendary armor piece, thus I'm only asking in regards to ascended weapons. Thanks in advance.

For those using ascended gear, I've tried to compare the material/coin costs and the amount of clicking required:

Costs

• The endless upgrade extractor is trading at around 2000 gold (https://www.gw2tp.com/item/86497)
  • A single legendary rune includes 474 gold in materials, of which ~120g comes from charms & lucents. A set of six would cost ~2850g (~2200g without the charms/lucents).
  • A single legendary sigil costs ~512g in materials, of which ~80g comes from symbols & lucents. A set of two costs just over 1000g (just over 900g, without the charms/lucents)

Convenience (originally written for runes/armor; similar for sigils)

• With extractor: reserve a slot for each type of rune. Mouse-actions-per-build-change: ~26 (open extractor, drag+extract each gear, open hero panel, select each piece+replace rune)
  • With legendary runes: no slots for runes needed. Mouse-actions: ~19 (open hero panel, select each rune, scroll to find stat, select, confirm)

Additional note:The extractor also works on all upgrades and all infusions, whereas there are no legendary infusions. (Downside: it's all/nothing; to replace one item, you have to reslot all the others, too).