How many of you WvW mains are from 6 years ago?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before the fights

the old players will understand the combo fields.fire x blastwater x blastlighting x blast

bomb here bomb there bomb everywhere

stab 1, 2spin to winpin snipe, pull the pin, bomb the pin, see that target? focus him focus him. pull him to the back of our zerg!!! (dh/engi/ mesmer/rev/scourge pulls)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX-pFJ5hwbY

ah fucking skill lag.

pvt pvt pvt or get off.

zerker? go pve.

move as one

stack stack!!!

/squadinfo /supplyinfo supplies? 5

gold for upgrading sm

repair costs for dying

players now are so lucky. wvw is easier. now if the devs would only return the competition.

Well, I did barely manage to hit the 6 year mark (2013 may 31st), but didn't really get to experience the start in the same way. Played a lot until HoT release, and since then slowly declined playing less and less. Nowadays I'm technically considered a casual PvE'er that sometimes dares his beard into wvw and see if he can't ninja a daily without getting ganked.

The tiers are too scrambled to have a long lasting string of fights as much as there used to be but this is still the best large scale combat and combat mechanics that couples with a good general game. Plus I can play some new stuff when I come back from being out of town and not forever be behind in stats.

We still need an open world pvp mirror of the mega server though but this is still mostly good enough.

@Brutal Augus.5917 said:It would be interesting to know how many of us came from other RvR games that died

I missed the Daoc train as I was still invested in other games at the time, namely EQ and WoW. I did play a lot of Planetside, another pure rvr game I loved, no pveing was required. Played some Warhammer online as well, but it was too laggy for me, there's a private server running these days, which I gave a shot for a few months a couple years ago but the rvr wasn't complete back then. Couldn't get past mining in Eve online, which was funny as hell as I was following that game closely a couple years before release.

Planetside 2 didn't feel as good as the first one for me, but I honestly didn't give that a full try as I was heavily invested in WvW at the time. ESO has pve to slug through, I can do pve when I need to, as long as it's not annoying or tedious which it felt like in that game. I did get a taste of low level rvr, which was not entirely enjoyable without a full speed mount since the map is huge, but it was like playing with an uplevel, had a lot more leveling and gearing up to do, also stealth is a turn off. One thing I like about GW2 is the ability to skip leveling with the birthday boost to levels 20, 30, 40, 50, and the tomes.

Will probably fire up Planetside 2 or ESO to give them another shot soon, Crowfall sounds interesting in the future, Camelot unchained is sub and I'm done with paying for subs with more than a decade of it with EQ, WoW, Warhammer, Rift, and Planetside. So I'll wait the usual 2-6 months before subs are dropped and try it then lol.

Dang so many memories from this lolJust had a flashback to old reset days where we'd apply swiftness to the workers to upgrade Keep/Garri walls faster. There'd be lines of people applying swiftness to T3.Then there's the myriad of fights throughout these years through all the timezones.

Good times xD

@"Morlhach.4521" said:Doesn't this poll expose a problem ? 4/5 players are playing McM from the beginning. We now that this player base decreased also from the beginning. Isn't the logical deduction that WvW is NOT attracting new players ? (Or not enough ones)

If the small pool of forum voters is a fair reflection of the mode as a whole then yes, more needs to be done to attract new blood.As players, we can help too by creating more player-made content.More player-made advertising, more promoting, more WvW Roaming videos, More WvW Guild fights, Tournaments etc.

And more WvW trailers to attract young talent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s45uLHJAbrc

The sample data is small but it also can tell us that there isn't much new players. Then again, how can there be much new players?Great majority of the wvw guilds recruit players from wvw itself, it is understandable, you don't get much from pve just like that anyway. The bandwagoners themselves are a good example of this.It is mainly guilds that have both pve and wvw activities aka pvx will have a higher chance of getting new players all because of their nature of the guild. I hope people still remember many pvx guilds back then doing wvw. Such guilds are now tiny in numbers and also very fragile. Many of such guilds already disappear over the years due to how difficult it is to maintain such a guild in the first place.

My thief was originally called Tienran before the nickname Kit stuck (punny engi names will follow you for years, consider yourselves warned). Made the char in April 2013, joined my first guild while leveling it trying to shoot people at sentries. Not much has changed really, I'm still shooting people at sentries, the gun is bigger and the targets are faster, that's all.