Reaper Builds

Palinor.9601

Like to see some discussion on the Reaper builds that players are running with. I use a mix of Power/Precision/Ferocity and Power/Precision/Toughness. Using Superior Rune of the Scholar. Weapon choice is Dark Harvest greatsword. I find that this is a pretty powerful build for Caochlahd, my Reaper. I spend the majority of my gaming doing PvE plus the story lines. Let's hear from some other Reapers out there.

Mine is something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJARWnMbClbitbCebC0biFcBLuK2FDjQtpAQLgKN0GeWA-jxBBABnpEsiHBQlq/glyPAuCA5prRw9HCAcAc+5Z+5BO/8zP/8zb6zP/8zP/8zP/8zLFQE7tA-e

Full zerk, Spite, Soul Reaping, and Reaper with GS and staff. Spam shouts for healing, damage, buffs, minions, CC, and life energy. Spam weapon skills for damage and life energy. Try not to get hit, and if you do, try to heal with yelling or go Reaper before dying.

@Nimb.6794 said:Is condition build not good for PvE?

Let's just say that it work but it's clumsy as well as very niche in raid and since some change are expected at PoF's launch everything is uncertain about reaper.

Lot of players want the reaper to become a pure power spec when PoF will launch. And there are rumors saying that it's what's intended by the developping team. Well note that nobody up till now step and gave a link to a dev quote that valid those rumors.

Personnally, I feel like it would ruin the reaper to make it a pure power spec. First it would be bad design because it would reduce build diversity and second the core necromancer have always struggled to make viable any power spec, the reaper would receive barely any support from the other traitline and end up underperforming.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Nimb.6794 said:Is condition build not good for PvE?

Lot of players want the reaper to become a pure power spec when PoF will launch. And there are rumors saying that it's what's intended by the developping team. Well note that nobody up till now step and gave a link to a dev quote that valid those rumors.

Personnally, I feel like it would ruin the reaper to make it a pure power spec. First it would be bad design because it would reduce build diversity and second the core necromancer have always struggled to make viable any power spec, the reaper would receive barely any support from the other traitline and end up underperforming.

It makes me cry to see my condition Reaper destroyed in such a way. I only worked out a build that works for me a few months ago and it's sad to see the recent nerfs* and the forum warriors wanting to stomp it into the ground.

*Recent nerfs were:Speed of Shadows - cooldown on Reaper Shroud removed from this trait and not replaced anywhere in the traits.Vital Persistance - Trait no longer slows shroud decay (it was 50%) (but necromancer was given 25% baseline decay reduction after the Necromancer forums exploded with complaints - having experienced the speed at which Arenanet works, there's no way they put this in as a hotfix, they had this ready on the side as an appeasement in case of such an uproar - it worked, half of the forums then filled with "thank you sir, may I have another" posts).

These nerfs spanked my build to all hell and back. The reason I'm so upset is that there is no counter to them. They are flat out nerfs with no workarounds.

I'm extremely dissatisfied with this class and am considering changing to Daredevil because at least I know developers play, love and won't ever nerf it.

@Tsan.6431 said:A classical build form chillmancer : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR7YnM0AN1gt1AmbCs3gliBLKAMASASfgQQHIuHWETiA-jxhHQBkT3ABV+pRlg06JAQP1fAwFBoc7PAA-eUntil PoF condition build it's clearly better then a power build.

I hope with PoF a power build for reaper, if not we will have 2 condi build (one for each spe)

Like the build. I may have to try this out with my secondary Necro. Thanks for the information.

i really dont know why guys saying condi necro for pve is bad. Perhaps the meta condi-necro is broke, u need run ur own build. Basically Viper+Nightmare runes. Spite/Curses/Reaper. i will post my build later. The spite traitline spam Frailty, the Frailty boost ur critical, ur critical give more bleed yet. Easily stack 30+ bleed.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:i really dont know why guys saying condi necro for pve is bad. Perhaps the meta condi-necro is broke, u need run ur own build. Basically Viper+Nightmare runes. Spite/Curses/Reaper. i will post my build later. The spite traitline spam Frailty, the Frailty boost ur critical, ur critical give more bleed yet. Easily stack 30+ bleed.

To me Spite is good for power and WvW builds thanks to his bursty nature, while for PvE it lose when compared to the CD reduction and condition application of Curses and Soul Reaping. What do you gain from Nightmare runes in your build?

@Methuselah.4376 said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3djk0QjN2SD+0AHOWqFs4tYZcNClACAzgpvwUYLA-jhRBABAcBCe4BBQp6PmpEEPNMXt/o8LAwBQAm38O/8zP/8z76zP/8zP/8zP/8zLFQELjA-e

This is the build I use. Great damage, great survivability and "supporty" (mostly with revives lol).

I am ASSUMING it was just a mistake in the Build Editor, but just in case it's not... you took Augury of Death in the reaper line , but don't use any shouts. :D

@pah.4931 said:

@Methuselah.4376 said:

This is the build I use. Great damage, great survivability and "supporty" (mostly with revives lol).

I am ASSUMING it was just a mistake in the Build Editor, but just in case it's not... you took Augury of Death in the reaper line , but don't use any shouts. :D

Oops ye that was a mistake XD

Here you go http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3djk0QjN2SD+0AHOWqFs4uYZcNO9FmCbBoEQAYGA-jhRBABAcBCoU9H80w8wDC4q9HlfmpEMAwBQAm38O/8zP/8z76zP/8zP/8zP/8zLFQELjA-e

Archived