Harbinger is just good enough...

RedAvenged.5217

Playing 1 class a day-

harbinger has just enough trade offs that it is very interesting for the number 1 sleeper class.

nothing is better than any other necro build really, Unless you run something really off meta, like I think u can make curses soul reaping valkeryie work which would be weird on other builds- still nothing will be better than any necro build, it’s just necro is good enough to where you can run it and do well.

very pog

• Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

carrion orr, blood magic soul reaping. 35k hp, 1000hp per second, big cleanse, big life force, big condi, big cc, big mobility, big damage, big fun.

Life force doesn’t mean anything- the only you get from this is the same as standard regeneration and the blood procs if you take that.

the damage is insanely worse than core for condi and insanely worse than reaper for power, if u wanna support it’s also insanely worse than scourge.

it maybe fun but it’s not even close to any other necro spec

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Playing 1 class a day-

harbinger has just enough trade offs that it is very interesting for the number 1 sleeper class.

u joking right? insane mobility, insane hp per sec, insane dmg, insane cc. nothing sleeper about it dud. its holo 2.0 

Edited by toxic.3648
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, toxic.3648 said:

u joking right? insane mobility, insane hp per sec, insane dmg, insane cc. nothing sleeper about it dud. its holo 2.0 

What insane dmg? A power build fully specced for dmg doesn’t do as much as reaper. The mobility also isn’t much more than wurm and spectral walk which are already your 2 best utilities.

it’s not terrible but it’s much worse than what we have. Also yeah it’s sleeper- it wouldn’t be good if necro wasn’t insanely strong rn...

• Confused 3

On 8/19/2021 at 6:24 AM, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

carrion orr, blood magic soul reaping. 35k hp, 1000hp per second, big cleanse, big life force, big condi, big cc, big mobility, big damage, big fun.

false definitely a cry from someone who isnt even playing the class.. 

firstly torment doesnt do much damage in pvp now days..   power build has 30k life marauder amu
second.. you speak about great mobility and hard cc that are only on shroud 
let me remind you some stuff..   on shroud with this class no second life bar..  or yes that basically means normal necros has like 40k life due to life force.       right.. no regen during shroud .. its only when NOT in shroud..   so how can you put that "great mobility" and "1k regen" on same line?  when they literally dont work together its either this or that..   

ohh yes.. and if you want to use them you also get blight stacks which reduce your life for 25 seconds and they also reduce your life force which reduce your healing..  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, noiwk.2760 said:

false definitely a cry from someone who isnt even playing the class.. 

firstly torment doesnt do much damage in pvp now days..   power build has 30k life marauder amu
second.. you speak about great mobility and hard cc that are only on shroud 
let me remind you some stuff..   on shroud with this class no second life bar..  or yes that basically means normal necros has like 40k life due to life force.       right.. no regen during shroud .. its only when NOT in shroud..   so how can you put that "great mobility" and "1k regen" on same line?  when they literally dont work together its either this or that..   

ohh yes.. and if you want to use them you also get blight stacks which reduce your life for 25 seconds and they also reduce your life force which reduce your healing..  

sounds like you dont understand how harbinger works

1 hour ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

sounds like you dont understand how harbinger works

How does it work then? The only way to get something done is use a lot of stuff, thereby lowering your hp and shroud massively in combat , or use very little stuff and save shroud and just end up being worse than any other necro build

• Like 1

Just now, RedAvenged.5217 said:

How does it work then? The only way to get something done is use a lot of stuff, thereby lowering your hp and shroud massively in combat , or use very little stuff and save shroud and just end up being worse than any other necro build

Dont camp shroud. You get 15% life force from entering so do that on cd, but you only need to use 2-3 skills then leave to clear condis and gain more lf from blood magic. If you need to kite, 3 and 4 then leave. If you want to damage use 2 and 4 or 5 to set it up, or use pistol 3 and 2 before. Dont bother with shroud autos unless you dont care about blight stacking up. Other than that, transfer condis with staff, land chill and fear marks for counter pressure, spam pistol autos, use spectral walk and/or armor for stun breaks and more life force. Take cpc if you want projectile defense.

Just now, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Dont camp shroud. You get 15% life force from entering so do that on cd, but you only need to use 2-3 skills then leave to clear condis and gain more lf from blood magic. If you need to kite, 3 and 4 then leave. If you want to damage use 2 and 4 or 5 to set it up, or use pistol 3 and 2 before. Dont bother with shroud autos unless you dont care about blight stacking up. Other than that, transfer condis with staff, land chill and fear marks for counter pressure, spam pistol autos, use spectral walk and/or armor for stun breaks and more life force. Take cpc if you want projectile defense.

In the end in everything but a quick plus 1 it is worse.

shroud does basically nothing and you don’t get any of the damage reduction core shroud gives.

harbinger is kitten and the fact you think it’s any good only adds onto my doubt that you cannot play any class but ele...

shroud does basically nothing and you don’t get any of the damage reduction core shroud gives.

harbinger is kitten and the fact you think it’s any good only adds onto my doubt that you cannot play any class but ele...

or you can sit on a side node and never get pressured off. and thats rich coming from someone who can only play ranger 🤓

just come fight me in ffa and ill show you

11 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

or you can sit on a side node and never get pressured off. and thats rich coming from someone who can only play ranger 🤓

The question is will they be able to compete with other side noders.

Weavers for example. I heard multiple decent weavers say harbringer has no chance vs them on point. 

Vs Valk core ranger its going to be relatively hard to do any dmg since they have 3 stunnbreaks + a lot of condi clears.  So in a best case scenario its a stalemate.  

Prot holo might be the best matchup. Still not an easy kill tho vs good ones. 

This is the thing with harbringer. Its a bit of a mix of roamer / sidenoder / brawler. But it isnt top tier as any of those. Especially since its super easy to focus them down as ranged (power) dps like sic em soulbeast , DE or DH.  

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Harbinger is so weird. It's Schrodinger's balanced class. It is simultaneously super glassy and low DPS while somehow when played by somebody else is the exact opposite.

*Taps board aggressively* 

Anet you listening? We need more of this. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

Just now, Locuz.2651 said:

The question is will they be able to compete with other side noders.

Weavers for example. I heard multiple decent weavers say harbringer has no chance vs them on point. 

Vs Valk core ranger its going to be relatively hard to do any dmg since they have 3 stunnbreaks + a lot of condi clears.  So in a best case scenario its a stalemate.  

Prot holo might be the best matchup. Still not an easy kill tho vs good ones. 

This is the thing with harbringer. Its a bit of a mix of roamer / sidenoder / brawler. But it isnt top tier as any of those. Especially since its super easy to focus them down as ranged (power) dps like sic em soulbeast , DE or DH.  

I have no doubt good weavers and rangers can kill some harbingers. But at the same time ive fought many good players as harbinger and in most matchups i dont even have to try to avoid attacks because i can sustain through nearly anything. Its too early to know what matchups are favorable or how well it deals with 1v2 or 2v2 in tournaments, but its very clear that harbinger sustain is game breaking. Even if it did no damage and had no mobility there is no way it should have such strong passive healing and life force generation.

The class should be what it was advertised and designed as, a roaming squishy dps.

5 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

*Taps board aggressively* 

Anet you listening? We need more of this. 

😄

Hey, in my feedback on the HB Feedback thread I specifically called it out as a very versatile spec that can be made into anything, that I loved that about the spec, and that it should not change. People in the feedback thread are all like 'get rid of the power line of traits.' No, buff the pistol power damage some.

The fact that HB can be made into anything is pretty freaking awesome. I hope the next warrior spec is like that.