I want to do 200k+ damage, too!

Zera.9435

I was reading up on some easy achievements to work on since I'm close to my next AP reward and came across this gem regarding judging Sylvari in Verdant Brink:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Question_sylvari_refugees_and_determine_where_their_loyalties_lie

In the page, I read at the bottom that incorrectly judging a bad Sylvari as innocent causes them to run into a populated area and self-destruct, causing over 200k damage to players. So I've looked through my racial skills and, much to my dismay, I don't have a self-destruct skill! I checked my traits, but then remembered that traits are tied to the class, not the race. Then I looked at my weapon skills, but no such luck. Clearly, it's a real feature that was introduced with the release of HoT but somehow denied to the players. The code is obviously there. I humbly request that we Sylvari players get the self-destruct button for use in-game.

My main is Sylvari. Do you have any idea how many times I've been outnumbered by the enemy and could have used such a skill? All the wasted years!

Edited by Zera Allimatti.2541
added link functionality
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

I was reading up on some easy achievements to work on since I'm close to my next AP reward and came across this gem regarding judging Sylvari in Verdant Brink:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Question_sylvari_refugees_and_determine_where_their_loyalties_lie

In the page, I read at the bottom that incorrectly judging a bad Sylvari as innocent causes them to run into a populated area and self-destruct, causing over 200k damage to players. So I've looked through my racial skills and, much to my dismay, I don't have a self-destruct skill! I checked my traits, but then remembered that traits are tied to the class, not the race. Then I looked at my weapon skills, but no such luck. Clearly, it's a real feature that was introduced with the release of HoT but somehow denied to the players. The code is obviously there. I humbly request that we Sylvari players get the self-destruct button for use in-game.

My main is Sylvari. Do you have any idea how many times I've been outnumbered by the enemy and could have used such a skill? All the wasted years!

This skill was disabled for your own good. When used it caused your character to truly die and its data to be wiped with no warning. It was eventually decided to be too dangerous for the well-being of sylvari players, and so it was left only for some sylvari NPCs (but only those that were known to have no wealth, and connection to any lawyers that could sue Anet for the potential material loss).

Similar things happened with stuff like Norn Svanir Bear transformation (it transferred the control over your character to Drakkar) and some of Asura lab research skills (the devs still didn;t manage to fully clean up after that Thaumanova accident).

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

This skill was disabled for your own good. When used it caused your character to truly die and its data to be wiped with no warning. It was eventually decided to be too dangerous for the well-being of sylvari players, and so it was left only for some sylvari NPCs (but only those that were known to have no wealth, and connection to any lawyers that could sue Anet for the potential material loss).

Similar things happened with stuff like Norn Svanir Bear transformation (it transferred the control over your character to Drakkar) and some of Asura lab research skills (the devs still didn;t manage to fully clean up after that Thaumanova accident).

Listen to this guy!!!   Do not mess with the Sylvari judicial system!!!

Trust me, I've been sued before

Also, PSA: Don't plant a Sylvari.  Don't splode Sylvaris either.  If you do, let me know.  I have an Asuran legal team that can help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2