Effective Spellbreaker Builds?

Ochosan.4071

Hey all,

My first 80 was my warrior back in 2014 or so. Haven't really played him until now as I just recently got back into the game and having a blast. I've been playing around with a few builds but I'm really iffy on Spellbreaker builds. I really like the kit, theme, and fantasy of the spec so I'd like to play it over Berserker in most content but I'm having trouble finding builds that work for me.

I'm used to playing Cele Weaver or Cele Renegade with good sustain and damage, but I keep finding that I'm pretty squishy as a Warrior or that my sustain with even sustain traits just isn't that good.

I've been running mostly Strength/Discipline or Tactics/Spellbreaker with GS / Dagger + Axe. It's fun but also pretty glassy if I don't have Full counter up. Also feels like it doesn't sustain too well...

What builds have you all been running in Open World/Fractals/WvW to do good damage or team support while also staying fun?

Thanks!

Welcome back to warrior! Master class! 

Uuh not of a big pver but I find almost all builds okay for PvE on Warr. Ofc that may be cause I'm more experienced with how the weapons and traits feel, so you may just need some more time in the spec. 

Ideas for builds are these. Rune is up to your choice. But for a decent and viable setup, go full Marauder with some Zerker or assassin pieces if you want, always have a cleansing and an energy sigil on you (makes life a lot easier) and basically have a source of healing outside your heal skill. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEhjlNwGZJMMGKesW+PTA-zF0QhNNA-w

If go for something like this. Pure strike or Magebane tether for more dps, all master traits are viable, Sun and Moon especially with dual dagger. Play with the weapons tbh. 

I also find a Tactics variant nice, a bit more support-y, can become raw dmg if you want tho and selfish very easily, without even the banner trait. Just added that for flavor. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEMiNssA2DLhhxIxk5y8pB-zF0QhNNA-w

Fracs raids etc, I got no clues on. Snowcrows metabattle etc have those meta stuff. 

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ochosan.4071 said:

Hey all,

My first 80 was my warrior back in 2014 or so. Haven't really played him until now as I just recently got back into the game and having a blast. I've been playing around with a few builds but I'm really iffy on Spellbreaker builds. I really like the kit, theme, and fantasy of the spec so I'd like to play it over Berserker in most content but I'm having trouble finding builds that work for me.

I'm used to playing Cele Weaver or Cele Renegade with good sustain and damage, but I keep finding that I'm pretty squishy as a Warrior or that my sustain with even sustain traits just isn't that good.

I've been running mostly Strength/Discipline or Tactics/Spellbreaker with GS / Dagger + Axe. It's fun but also pretty glassy if I don't have Full counter up. Also feels like it doesn't sustain too well...

What builds have you all been running in Open World/Fractals/WvW to do good damage or team support while also staying fun?

Thanks!

hizen made an open world build some months ago that uses spellbreaker. 

It uses defense traitline that got buffed on may 11. 

This is not a dps build obv. 

If you look for dps, you can go on snowcrows or metabattle. 

some builds may need some "optimizing" depending on ur playstyle and game mode. 

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Welcome back to warrior! Master class! 

Uuh not of a big pver but I find almost all builds okay for PvE on Warr. Ofc that may be cause I'm more experienced with how the weapons and traits feel, so you may just need some more time in the spec. 

Ideas for builds are these. Rune is up to your choice. But for a decent and viable setup, go full Marauder with some Zerker or assassin pieces if you want, always have a cleansing and an energy sigil on you (makes life a lot easier) and basically have a source of healing outside your heal skill. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEhjlNwGZJMMGKesW+PTA-zF0QhNNA-w

If go for something like this. Pure strike or Magebane tether for more dps, all master traits are viable, Sun and Moon especially with dual dagger. Play with the weapons tbh. 

I also find a Tactics variant nice, a bit more support-y, can become raw dmg if you want tho and selfish very easily, without even the banner trait. Just added that for flavor. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEMiNssA2DLhhxIxk5y8pB-zF0QhNNA-w

Fracs raids etc, I got no clues on. Snowcrows metabattle etc have those meta stuff. 

About the second Build, if you are with Warhorns, you can remove the Warrior Sprints trait, and chose between Crack Shot or Vengenful Return. And if you are going Ranger DMG with power choose Rifle instead of Longbow. 

About the armor I think Marauder is good one to begin. Until you learn how position, attack, defend, disengange, engage and them you can go for a more toughness armor.