Can we get the new Sword 3 leap on all Mesmer specs?

Yoci.2481

Don't like the Virtuoso sword 3 at all. It fails all the time on uneven terrain as if it were another buggy Revenant weaponskill, and it loses the immobilize which costs CC bar damage.

With Normal sword 3 you can choose when to move to generate your clone and go in. With the new sword 3 you have this really slow travel time leap and you lose when you get to use your mobility when you need to use 3 on cooldown to spawn clones in PvE.

• Like 1

maybe they should just make a trait in maybe duelling to let you take this as the option, while upgrading this skill to justify it being a trait, so we can choose to keep the old one, or take the mobility that hopefully will also have new effect and not that buggy 

I know it doesn't work 100% reliably, but neither does the current Sword 3. It fails a lot too. At least that way Core and Chrono could have a bit more potential in WvW roaming and small scale. And even 1 dodge Mirage could get a bit of its mobility back that it lost. Just imagine how fun Mesmer could be in that game mode. 😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2021 at 1:14 PM, Yoci.2481 said:

The only downside I see is the loss of immobilize but with the general lack of mobility Mesmer has (except Mirage) this would be a very welcome change. It hasn't bugged out for me yet, at least no more than any teleport ability.

1 you lose combo potential, as you can just use it to generate a clone.
2 you can use it to teleport to people on different terrain or through walls
both sword 3 are bugged and have its issues
sword 3 ( swap ) fails to summon illusion, doesnt apply vulnerability, fails to swap places
and the dash one simply doesnt connect as its a kittening reskin of mirage leap that is ALSO kittening bugged.

There are a lot of Core and Chronomancer builds that could be good for WvW roaming (Mesmer good, not generally good) but are limited by their lack of mobility. I guess in sPvP the current Sword 3 teleport is superior because of the tiny maps with high frequency terrain. In WvW you have to cross the Great Plains while chasing or being chased by all the hordes of Mordor.

• Like 1

I'd prefer if it was a blink with cast time (so opponents can react to the animation) that could still be used untargeted  like staff 2, which would allow you to go upwards on z axis ports rather than only being able to go back to where you started.

But that may be a bit too strong.

I am surprised how long swap lasts for, that part is quite strong not having to rely on survival of a clone.

Edited by Curunen.8729

15 minutes ago, Curunen.8729 said:

I am surprised how long swap lasts for, that part is quite strong not having to rely on survival of a clone.

Indeed. I had a blast with this, the juking aspect is really good with this new sw3, I just wish it immobilizes so you could setup a "mini" burst.

But it still bothers me the double click thingy, they should do the same they did with axe 2. kittened up more than I wish I did, double pressing it.
Helseth also kittened up several times on stream.

2 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Indeed. I had a blast with this, the juking aspect is really good with this new sw3, I just wish it immobilizes so you could setup a "mini" burst.

But it still bothers me the double click thingy, they should do the same they did with axe 2. kittened up more than I wish I did, double pressing it.
Helseth also kittened up several times on stream.

Yeah I messed up with that a lot as well - double tapping 2 thinking it was swap to target only to waste the cooldown.

Given the leap travel time it ought to immobilise on successful hit of a target at least.