Best gold value from Unidentified Gear

Hi, I got couple thousands of blue, green and yellow Unidentified Gear boxes and I'd like to know how do I get the best gold value from them.

I'm not sure if I should I open and salvage them or sell them directly on the TP.  What about the blue/green/yellow gear? should I slavage yellow gear or sell it??

PS: I'm already at max magic find level (300%).

Edited by trixantea.1230

• trixantea.1230 changed the title to Best gold value from Unidentified Gear

I do not know to what extent it is better of worse to sell unidentified gear in bulk on the tp rather than selling the salvage results.

You may wish to peruse the drop rates by following the links at the bottom of the relevant wiki page.

What I do know is that if you identify them, sell all rare greatwswords on the tp, for they are worth more that the ectos you might get out of them.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, trixantea.1230 said:

Hi, I got couple thousands of blue, green and yellow Unidentified Gear boxes and I'd like to know how do I get the best gold value from them.

I'm not sure if I should I open and salvage them or sell them directly on the TP.  What about the blue/green/yellow gear? should I slavage yellow gear or sell it??

Salvage blue, open green before salvaging, open yellow before salvaging.

Further, check the price of the yellows/exotics you get before salvaging them.

• Thanks 3

Just now, Gregory.3710 said:

Why do you recommend opening before salvage?  If I open a yellow item, is there a chance to get a better quality?  For someone who has all highest (pink) level gear, can I get an upgrade?

Opening bags has a chance to drop a higher quality item. Salvaging Unidentified Gear directly has never been a profitable choice.

18 minutes ago, Gregory.3710 said:

Why do you recommend opening before salvage?  If I open a yellow item, is there a chance to get a better quality?  For someone who has all highest (pink) level gear, can I get an upgrade?

It's not about getting upgrades, it's about getting more value out of the unidentified bags. For instance if I open a stack of unidentified rare bags, there's a good chance I'll get several exotics out of them, which generally sell for around 30-50 silver apiece. To get a comparable amount out of a single rare bag without opening it first, the salvage would have to yield 3-4 ectos, which is much rarer for me than getting an exotic, it seems.

2 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

I just sell the bags outright as I don’t feel that any additional gains from opening and then salvaging to be worth the extra time. 

For blues, maybe. I nevertheless frequently get rares out of greens though. Salvaging rares with a Mystic Salvage Kit gives me on average one ecto each, which I sell for 23 silver. That is most definitely worth identifying greens.

I do own a Copper-Fed Salvageomatic. Without one, I admit I might revise my opinion.

29 minutes ago, Harfang.1507 said:

For blues, maybe. I nevertheless frequently get rares out of greens though. Salvaging rares with a Mystic Salvage Kit gives me on average one ecto each, which I sell for 23 silver. That is most definitely worth identifying greens.

I do own a Copper-Fed Salvageomatic. Without one, I admit I might revise my opinion.

It's like a 3% drop rate for rare gear.  I wouldn't consider that frequent.

12 hours ago, trixantea.1230 said:

First step:

-Put all your unidentified gear inside an invisible bag, this way when you split the stacks and select the option "salvage all...(blues/green/rare) gear" you will only salvage the items you identified outside your invisible bag without risking to salvage unidentified gear and it makes the process much faster, especially when you have bulks of 250 UG in your inventory to identify.

Second step:

Copper salvage o-matic or basic sk -> blue gear

Runecrafter's salvage o-matic ->green gear with upgrades on them (sigils or runes for example)

Silver fed salvage o-matic or master sk -> rare gear or exotic gear worth less than 30s

When you get exotic gear always have a look at the TP price, if an exotic you have is worth 50 or more silver sell it on the TP.

You have a very very very rare chance to identify a precursor weapon as well or a rare exotic worth good gold and used for collections. This is why it's always worth having a look.

1 hour ago, trixantea.1230 said:

I don't have this salvage kit. What is the equivalent of this kit that I can buy from merchants?

There is no equivalent, so next time it comes back on sale in the gem store I highly suggest you to buy it as some charms and symbols you get from greens are worth more than ectos

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

I just sell the bags outright as I don’t feel that any additional gains from opening and then salvaging to be worth the extra time. 

I with you. I gave up on opening them about a year ago. Like you I have maxed MF and I after opening too many thousands of green and yellow to salvage and sell without a single drop worth more than say 4g (very very rare drop off them) I have decided the tiny possible gain from opening isnt worth the time, plus with RNG you may get much less. Especially, now that MF doesnt impact the % chance of a drop in them they are just a waste of time.

22 hours ago, mindkitten.5732 said:

Afaik, if you open a yellow one, there's a chance to get a legendary precursor, which sells for a few 100g on the TP.

Its a change on any even on blues, but you have a chance at a precursor from almost anything you open or kill. For real, I got a Chaos Gun off a Ram (yellow ambient mob) and got one from a box in home instance once too.

• Like 1

Basically if you look at the data I think you get 15% more profit from opening +salvage for greens if you trust the data and rng. but it will take you allot longer to open, salvage, list for sale to get that profit so I don't see a value for the time one would spend. If you really havre fun clicking them all and dealing with moving luck around or just wasting luck then maybe, but once MF is maxed I really see it as a loss.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 9:59 PM, mythical.6315 said:

It's like a 3% drop rate for rare gear.  I wouldn't consider that frequent.

I identified 66 greens this morning. I got four rare items, which is a 6% rate. To that is frequent enough to be worth it. I do understand and respect that for others, it may not be.

13 minutes ago, Harfang.1507 said:

I agree, but that is what I happened to have that in my inventory. Big enough to talk about, but admitedly not big enough for a definite conclusion.

Its been steady at about ~5% for me. I usually open 4 stacks of 250 at a time, easier to figure out that way.

4 hours ago, Harfang.1507 said:

I identified 66 greens this morning. I got four rare items, which is a 6% rate. To that is frequent enough to be worth it. I do understand and respect that for others, it may not be.

I will use data from https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/unid-gear any day over 1 players testimonial about personal experience. One persons experience != reliable sample

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

I will use data from https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/unid-gear any day over 1 players testimonial about personal experience. One persons experience != reliable sample

Pretty much what I expected. Players stand to gain around a whole two gold every 1K bags. In the amount of time it takes to go through them, I could’ve obtained more than that. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 1