Superior Rune of Tormenting recipe...

Since i got most of my Legendary Armor, now i can start making some fancy runes to go with it, but this one is really annyoing to get because its recipe is random and only obtainable from Pact Merchants...

Is there an "optimal" way of getting that recipe?

How rare is it? I mostly see exotic gear recipes (which should really be looked at by Anet sometimes, stat selectable exotic gear is everywhere, i question how useful those recipes still are), but nto many runes or others.

And for those that have it, how long did you have to visit the merchants to get yours?

Is there a pattern or is it really that extremely random in what they offer?

And yeah, i know i can just buy it, but i have all those sprockets littering my material storage and now inventory, plus i'd rather just have the recipe for the future if i wish to sell some.

28 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Go to the vendor, see the recipe, buy it for 25k karma.

What people often forget, there is also a gamble-option if you have spare karma. Best is to check all 6 vendors every day. If the recipe is not on the offered goods, pick the Torn Page from "Tyrian pact Survival handbook" instead. While the chance is not great, it is an alternative source for the recipe. It only costs 7,777 karma ... x6 = 46,662 karma per day. If you really want that reipce asap, I would give the gamble a try as well. Not with my account though, I have a subscription for bad luck :P.

29 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

And for those that have it, how long did you have to visit the merchants to get yours?

I check the vendors frequently, forgot when I bought it. I only saw I did not unlock it yet, so I just bought it for completion purposes. Dumb, I know. 

A resource that I've used re the pact supply merchants is at http://gw2timer.com

Usually it will show the items being offered by the pact supply networks at a glance so that you don't need to run around on foot checking the various merchants.  It's not loading that section for me at present, but it looks like the last update was yesterday, which may go some way to explaining, as it's a community run resource.

Looking at the "history" section there, they have stats for 2015-16 - it looks like it came up on 10 occasions over a 296 day period...so it looks like it's appx a 1 in 30 chance of it being on one of the merchants in any day (so maybe appx 1 in 180 chance of being on any individual merchant)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

And yeah, i know i can just buy it, but i have all those sprockets littering my material storage and now inventory, plus i'd rather just have the recipe for the future if i wish to sell some.

or ask a friend/guildmate to craft it for you

or .... a set of legendary runes is only 2884g 😛

So, basically do what i've been doing already.

Oh well, it's bound to show up someday.

11 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Go to the vendor, see the recipe, buy it for 25k karma.

What people often forget, there is also a gamble-option if you have spare karma. Best is to check all 6 vendors every day. If the recipe is not on the offered goods, pick the Torn Page from "Tyrian pact Survival handbook" instead. While the chance is not great, it is an alternative source for the recipe. It only costs 7,777 karma ... x6 = 46,662 karma per day. If you really want that reipce asap, I would give the gamble a try as well. Not with my account though, I have a subscription for bad luck :P.

I check the vendors frequently, forgot when I bought it. I only saw I did not unlock it yet, so I just bought it for completion purposes. Dumb, I know. 

I'm not much of a gambler. Kind of the same luck as you haha, don't want to push it further. 😛

11 hours ago, Jijimuge.4675 said:

A resource that I've used re the pact supply merchants is at http://gw2timer.com

Usually it will show the items being offered by the pact supply networks at a glance so that you don't need to run around on foot checking the various merchants.  It's not loading that section for me at present, but it looks like the last update was yesterday, which may go some way to explaining, as it's a community run resource.

Looking at the "history" section there, they have stats for 2015-16 - it looks like it came up on 10 occasions over a 296 day period...so it looks like it's appx a 1 in 30 chance of it being on one of the merchants in any day (so maybe appx 1 in 180 chance of being on any individual merchant)

Oh nice, didn't know they had a pact network agent stuff there!

Now i can just check what's available instead of running around.

I mean, i did buy the map rewards thing from each one as i was searching for the rune, but i don't really use those (i know, i should), so checking the site will save time. Thank you!

4 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

or ask a friend/guildmate to craft it for you

or .... a set of legendary runes is only 2884g 😛

But i want the recipe so i can make some more later to sell and sink my sprockets into. 😛

Also, eh, i have to finish my armor, then i'll probably want to do Vision so leggy runes can wait.

I only ever use like, 5 -ish sets at most in my buidls and that's across multiple characters. Mostly cheap or dungeon ones so a legendary rune wouldn't be very important to me.

4 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

You make an entire set of runes sound absurdly expensive when its only about the price of a single gen2 weapon.

That's true. And i've made Frostfang in the past, but only to sell it, so yeah, when you put it like that, they're not that expensive.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2021 at 11:58 AM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Since i got most of my Legendary Armor, now i can start making some fancy runes to go with it, but this one is really annyoing to get because its recipe is random and only obtainable from Pact Merchants...

How rare is it? I mostly see exotic gear recipes (which should really be looked at by Anet sometimes, stat selectable exotic gear is everywhere, i question how useful those recipes still are), but nto many runes or others.

I remember getting this a very long time ago during the Queen's Jubilee (Season 1).

I looked it up and you can still get it during the Queen's Gauntlet:

Grove Emissary can be found in the Crown Pavilion which is accessible during the Festival of the Four Winds.  You're in luck because the Festival is expected to be coming up sometime soon.

During the festival, get as many of those recipes as you can from Grove  Emissary so you won't have to rely on RNG afterwards.  

Also check out the Festival Rewards Vendor found in the pavilion as well for recipes and items available only during the festival.

Edited by Rogue.8235
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

I remember getting this a very long time ago during the Queen's Jubilee (Season 1).

Grove Emissary can be found in the Crown Pavilion which is accessible during the Festival of the Four Winds.  You're in luck because the Festival is expected to be coming up sometime soon.

During the festival, get as many of those recipes as you can from Grove  Emissary so you won't have to rely on RNG afterwards.  

Also check out the Festival Rewards Vendor found in the pavilion as well for recipes and items available only during the festival.

Oh nice! Didn't know that, thank you!

I'll keep looking at GW2Timer for now, and if i don't get it by the festival, i'll make sure i get it there. 🙂

38 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Oh nice! Didn't know that, thank you!

I'll keep looking at GW2Timer for now, and if i don't get it by the festival, i'll make sure i get it there. 🙂

9 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Pretty sure that the Grove Emissary isnt in the current edition of the Pavilion.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Crown_Pavilion_(zone)

Thats the current zone, with the NPCS found there.

10 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Well, not now, i think Rogue meant during the Festival.

i know.

That NPC doesnt exist during the Festival anymore.

Thats why that NPC is in the "Historical" section, and isnt mentioned on the Current, up to date as of last years festival, NPC list.

Edited by Dante.1763
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dante.1763 said:

i know.

That NPC doesnt exist during the Festival anymore.

Thats why that NPC is in the "Historical" section, and isnt mentioned on the Current, up to date as of last years festival, NPC list.

Aaaah, i see.

Damnit lol, well, guess i'll praj to Rngesus for a swift show of the recipe. 😛

Guess there's no other way to get it.

I can't believe I missed that.  Sorry about that.

It doesn't make sense that the recipe would not be available during the festival, which is why I assumed it was without really triple checking it.

ArenaNet really needs to add Grove Emissary back into the festival.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am necroing this thread for 2 purposes.

1 - PSA, Superior Rune of tormenting is now at the Pact Supply Network Agent

2 - also PSA that i'm a colossal idiot and i had this recipe all along, it's just that it's a Leatherworker recipe and i only checked Tailoring.

I could have made this rune ages ago...

/FACEPALM

Anyway, for anyone that still doesn't have the recipe, go get it!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1