If we really are getting scepter for EOD, give Base thief offhand sword

Arod.3982

I dont see why they cant just give base thief offhand sword already.

They dont have to rebalance current elite specs since they all use 2H weapons.

Were going to Cantha, let us resemble ninjas/assassins at least.  They can reuse a lot of animations from other professions easily for these too.

It would solve a bunch of issues that people have with a scepter elite and wouldn't change base thief's concept or unbalancing it.

WEP ideas:

sw/sw skill 3 = decapitate , same animation as axe war or willbender 4

dag / sw  = shadow step to foe and dagger attack

pistol / sw 3  = shadow step back or evade backward(spin backward, opposite of sword/dagg)  with pistol shot causing some condition.

sw 4    =  parry/projectile destruction/ reflect / block  (something along these lines)

sw 5   = single whirl/spin attack.

Edited by Arod.3982
  • Like 12
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

• Arod.3982 changed the title to If we really are getting scepter for EOD, give Base thief offhand sword

I'd enjoy that considering I've always felt base Thief lacked a proper amount of weapon choices and Assassins in GW1 were basically GW2 Warriors in the aspect that they could use a very large amount of weapons (with "Way of the Master.")

(they need to do this with base Revenant too and give them a 2nd condi weapon)

Mine as well give P/SW a Renzokuken though with a slash+gun explosion, we don't need more things pushing us backwards like P/D. XD

Edited by Doggie.3184

17 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

(they need to do this with base Revenant too and give them a 2nd condi weapon)

Mine as well give P/SW a Renzokuken though with a slash+gun explosion, we don't need more things pushing us backwards like P/D. XD

well technically you dont want to be next to your target with main hand pistol. its also just a cool movie like visual to spin backward and shoot your target.

i think the reason rev got their initial weapons was to reflect their stances (shiro = swords , malyx = mace , ventari = staff , dwarf= hammer). but ya, they should have probably got offhand mace too

3 minutes ago, Arod.3982 said:

well technically you dont want to be next to your target with main hand pistol. its also just a cool movie like visual to spin backward and shoot your target.

You'd think that, but Anet already wants us to be next to them to use P/D 3 since it's the main source of damage. But that's also one of the many PvP only skill that needs upgraded/redesigned to be PvE friendly. And we have plenty of other ways to retreat or evade than forcing it onto another weapon. /SW would allow defense in a different way with Parry to stay up close.

Edited by Doggie.3184

On 8/20/2021 at 8:41 PM, Arod.3982 said:

dag / sw  = shadow step to foe and dagger attack

this already exists in d/p 

On 8/20/2021 at 8:41 PM, Arod.3982 said:

pistol / sw 3  = shadow step back or evade backward(spin backward, opposite of sword/dagg)  with pistol shot causing some condition.

this also already exists in p/d

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gotta be careful with the titles, because I think they’re removing threads with titles that have anything in regard to scepter spoilers. 

They already removed that thread with the poll that people were voting on. About whether we were hype about Thief (possibly) getting scepter and such. 

I would just change the title to “scepter speculation and discussion” or something

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, AikijinX.6258 said:

Gotta be careful with the titles, because I think they’re removing threads with titles that have anything in regard to scepter spoilers. 

They already removed that thread with the poll that people were voting on. About whether we were hype about Thief (possibly) getting scepter and such. 

I would just change the title to “scepter speculation and discussion” or something

Well it does say "if" I still wont believe it till I see the reveal. For all we know they might suddenly change it even if it's true, it's not like they've made any new weapon animations yet.

once it's actually official I'll start working on Xiuquatl. XD

Edited by Doggie.3184

Thieves should've launched with off sword so if they retroactively applied off sword I'd be set. I'm not a big fan of scepter, but core s/s would be nice and add more flavor back to core thief. S/S dare builds would be fun to play too, especially with the ninja dash. 

Unfortunately the devs seem to have no interest in working on Core classes. They can't even take a full set of six skills of the same skilltype because alot are missing, while Elite Specs are always complete from the start.

That and alot of things about Core classes have just been left in a weird, disjointed state.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Laosduude.1690 said:

kitten, big brother in here when scepter news has been goin for a week+

we are probably going to get scepter 100% if they're suppressing all the new elite spec un-revealed weapons in the other 6 remaining classes.

Doesn't matter, it is still leaked information discovered via datamining, that makes it a spoiler and there are a lot of people who don't want to see spoilers about new content.
Especially in the topic name.

A better solution is to make a topic named something like "Let's discuss new thief weapon (Spoilers)" or something like that.
People who don't want to know can easily avoid titles like that with no damage done.
Putting the leaked weapon in the name however spoils it for everyone who even looks in this forum section.. or even on the forum home page if the most recently commented topic thread, which is exactly where I saw it.

I've already had a few weapons spoiled for me because people keep doing stuff like this and by extent it's also ruining the fun element of theorising about the new specs and what they're going to get which is one of the best and most exciting parts about waiting for a new expansion.
I don't want to know about leaked information, it's that simple but I also don't want to see people being unable to discuss it either.
But if people keep posting leaks like this in topic name's then they're going to keep spoiling things for everyone else and that may cause Anet to start restricting discussions on leaks entirely, as others have said they're already removing some threads.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, ASP.8093 said:

You gotta admit that dagger main-hand + sword off-hand would look pretty silly, though.

As a left-handed person, having the bigger weapon in the right hand always looks silly to me as well.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

As a left-handed person, having the bigger weapon in the right hand always looks silly to me as well.

I'd agree except that they'd still be using the dagger for a right-handed AA lol.  That much definitely makes no sense for anyone 😛

That said, the combo exists on Spellbreaker so it's not like ANet is inherently against allowing it to happen.  Though I don't think anyone will argue OH sword is good...

2 hours ago, ASP.8093 said:

I think that's a different issue: the animations, stances, &c. all only rep right-handed characters.

Whether the issue is different or not is of no regard to someone thinking something looks silly.

But I really don't know what's so hard about allowing people to invert their character model.

Edited by Fueki.4753

35 minutes ago, Emilie.8193 said:

Thief and Engi both need another core weapon IMO

I don't think that thief needs another core weapon, at least not for main hand. A rework for some of the existing weapons would be preferable as they do seem to suffer from a bit of an "identity issue", not knowing whether they want to be condi or power oftentimes leaving weapon sets without direction as a result. There is also the issue of redundancy thanks to existing weapon sets being too similar and a scepter could easily make this worse especially if it's mid-ranged condi main hand.

Edited by Tails.9372