[NA||PvX||TC] Remnants of Hope [RoH]: A true gaming community

Skaal.9362

How to Apply

About Us

Remnants of Hope (RoH) is big enough to support all game modes, but cozy enough to care about you! Our Guild Wars 2 Division is part of an inclusive, well-organized, and democratic gaming community which has been around since 2009. We welcome players of all ages, genders, abilities, and playstyles. We are most active 7-midnight Eastern time, but have members around the world who play at a variety of times.

All the Modes, for all Kinds of Players

Our GW2 Division is organized into Departments to ensure we give our players all the ways they want to play:

PvE: Our PvE Department offers a little bit of everything PvE related! Our goal is to keep PvE inclusive and open to every skill level. Each week, we offer fractals at a variety of tiers, Living World story runs, strike missions, and world boss, mastery, and hero point trains. Need help with something? Suggest it for a “grab bag” event and your guildies will rally to help you. Each event is led by a PvE Assistant who has extensive knowledge in that area of PvE.

Mists: Our Mists Department hosts a full line up of events, both sPvP and WvW (Tarnished Coast), that are low stress and open to beginners! These include weekly WvW Reset Nights and havoc runs, an Unranked sPvP Night, and in house tournaments! We have plans to expand into tournament groups and exploration into the aspects of these game modes that newer players may not have experienced. Whether you're a true veteran or a fresh faced young adventurer, we'd love to bash some heads and steal some keeps with you!

Role Play: Hear ye, hear ye: the RoH Roleplay Department formally invites you to partake in our weekly escapades across the land of Tyria! No prior RP experience is necessary—just bring a love of adventure and a desire to storycraft! In our casual RP event, we alternate between adventure-style and tavern-style every week. In the future, we’re also aiming to cater to a wider variety of RP mediums, styles, and event types. Come join us as we forge legends together and give Tyria’s bards something to sing about!

Raids: The Raid Department gets together three times a week for one exciting night of strike missions, and two thrilling nights of raiding. The Raid department is welcoming of all skill levels, whether you’re a seasoned veteran, or it’s your first ever encounter. We focus on having fun and a good time as we try and take out as many bosses as we can, all while spending time with friends, talking and joking around as we get destroyed by destroy the bosses. We offer both open raids and periodic static groups focused on obtaining legendary armor and/or ring.

Crafting: Our Krafty Krewe maintains a fully-leveled Guild Hall and is leveling up a second Guild Hall for more resource nodes and bank capacity. Each week, the Department runs the extremely popular guild missions—now for both the main and bank guild!

More than Just a Game

The Remnants of Hope gaming community offers far more than just the GW2 Division, however. After beginning in Star Wars Galaxies in 2009, RoH has grown to include Elder Scrolls Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft and most recently New World and Final Fantasy XIV. People who join RoH through the GW2 Division are welcome to join other Divisions and experience all RoH has to offer.

The larger gaming community delivers stability and a democratic structure few guilds can rival. The community holds Division and Community elections every six months, keeping leadership fresh and avoiding burnout. A detailed Charter enables good governance and financial stability for an organization designed for the long term. A strict but fair disciplinary system ensures that any toxic behavior is addressed quickly and confidentially.

This guild structure allows a safe but not sterile space for players of all backgrounds. Many of our leaders and members are part of the LGBTQ+ community, and we have players in every generation from Zoomer to Boomer. Our commitment to antiracism, diversity, and inclusion is built into our foundation and implemented through all our policies, including accommodations as appropriate.

The larger gaming community also provides many opportunities outside GW2. Our Discord and forums are constantly active, and the community meets as a whole once a month. We have a range of community activities, including karaoke, multi-game fashion and other shows, and casual games. We have held meetups in Washington, DC and Las Vegas, and sponsored a booth at a con.

Ready to Join?

We deeply value our community, and want to protect it from disruption and toxicity. The two-week trial period, with activity requirements, is an opportunity to make sure there is a good fit between Trial Members and the community. It may seem like a lot at first, but most Trial Members appreciate the care we take in integrating new players into the guild.

Please fill out an application at www.remnantsofhope.com/gw2, and take your time to fill it out thoroughly. It’s always best to make a good first impression, and you will be astonished at how many people read it!

Edited by Skaal.9362
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I've been apart of RoH for over two years, and it's like home!  It has so much community involvement and enjoyable friends.  With a wide range of players from brand new to veterans you never feel lost because someone always has an answer or can find one!   Every day there is something going on that you will never be bored.   Check out the website for more info, you won't be disappointed!

• Like 5

I credit RoH with getting me back into GW2.  I played SWTOR and ESO with them already but had been wanting to jump back into Tyria for some time.  So glad I did.  We run regular events for all game modes and are very positive and inclusive.  The focus is fun and I couldn't be happier among these wonderful people.

- Eisen of Zek, Human Elementalist

Edited by Overzealous.5413
name dropper
  • Like 3

X3rce5 here! I am the Crafty Krewe/Guild Hall Department Officer. I've been with RoH for a little over 6 months now and I have to say: in my tenure of playing GW2 and being with multiple guilds over the years, RoH really does strive to provide a really enjoyable guild experience. Whether you're a casual player, HxC, or you enjoy playing at your own leisure, there is something for everybody. There is an abundance of players in our GW2 who have more than enough experience to help out with whatever you're trying to achieve in GW2. So apply and see if we are the right fit for you!

• Like 3

I'm quickly approaching my 1-year anniversary as a RoH member, and am quite happy to say it's been a great ride thus far! All department leaders are very passionate about the game and know their stuff! It's easy to ask questions because everyone is more than happy to give quick answers. As a majority PvE player, I definitely get my fill during our weekly events. Also, Discord is off the hook most days. I fully endorse.

• Like 3

I can't express how much I love this community and how big a part of my life it's become.  GW2 is my first MMO and I very quickly got tired of playing solo.  I found RoH via the forums and have never looked back.  I love how there's something going on every day and how I can unashamedly admit that I need some friends to carry me through a difficult story section.  You're not just a number, you're family here.  

• Like 2

And speaking of RP...hello there, citizens of Tyria! I'm Spellslinger, our current Leader of Lore (i.e. Roleplay Officer). I've been with RoH for roughly 9 months now. Prior to this, I'd been playing GW2 solo for the last 8 years since launch...not the most effective way to experience an MMORPG, but I was too scared to take the plunge of joining a community. Then I found RoH, and I haven't looked back since. We pride ourselves on being an accepting place for players from all walks of life. No matter who you are or what your gaming skill/experience level is, you'll find a place here with us.

The Roleplaying Department in particular is especially welcoming toward new RPers. We're close-knit, but our events are also relaxed; folks are encouraged to observe or participate to whatever degree they're comfortable. Our adventures take us all across the lands of Tyria—the picture from Skaal's post features one of my characters during the prologue to one of our many journeys! If this looks like the sort of thing you'd like to try, or you're curious to know more, definitely submit an application to our wonderful Recruitment Team!

• Like 2

I am now on my third go round with GW2 and my second time in Remnants of Hope.  I started playing GW2 at launch, left for a bit, came back in 2014 and ran into a very cool group of people running some world event (it may have been the Lion's Arch battle) and decided to apply to their guild. At first I was a bit uncertain if it was for me because they had such an organized structure, with rules, an application and trial process, actual elections and a whole lot ,ore formality than I was used to in guilds.  Turns out that organization and effort makes for an amazing drama free, comfortable as a family, helpful as a group of logtime friends, bunch of people.  I recently came back to GW2 and was surprised, but very happy, to learn that the guild I had loved 7 years ago was not only still around, it had grown.  If you are willing to put a bit more effort into joining a guild, apply to ROH; you will get more outof it as well.

• Like 2

I originally played GW2 at launch and then stepped away from playing before the expansions due to my friends no longer playing and other things in life. After picking up the current two expansions, I have started to play catch up in the game to get ready for the EoD expansion. I recently applied and completed the trial process with RoH. Originally reading the requirements may sound like a lot, but believe me it is worth it. I have honestly never played with a more welcoming group of people. We have events for all different types of content as well! RoH has helped me to get back into the game and I feel like there is never a day where we don't have some sort of event I can jump into to participate in! 

If you are looking for a group of individuals that are focused on enjoying everything GW2 has to offer, I would strongly suggest giving RoH a look! I hope to see anyone reading this in game sometime!

• Like 1

The RoH Mists Department hosted a four-hour WvW event yesterday.  We had lots of engagement, and great influence on the GBL map.  So fun!

Today, the RP Department is hosting "A Date with Density"--looking forward to that!

Edited by Skaal.9362
typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Through almost all of my two-week "trial period" with RoH.

Sounds intense, but it really just consists of filling out a questionnaire for the guild leadership to get a feel for the style of player you are...and participating in two of the many guild events that happen most nights.

I've very much enjoyed my time with RoH. I've been a GW2 player since launch...I've left and come back several times over the years. For the longest time, I never wanted to bother with the (perceived) hassle of guilds. But RoH has been super chill and intentional. I have people to WvW, PvP or PvE with, people to chat with, people to just hang around. Love it!

Edited by Salemonz.3671
clarity
  • Like 2

Join our positive, inclusive gaming community!  We do it all as a true PvX guild!  Our regular events are a great way to get to know us and learn new game modes.  RoH also has divisions in other MMORPGs (SWTOR, ESO, WoW, New World, FFXIV) so you can try out other games and not lose touch.

Reach out to any of us with questions! 

• Like 1

Sounds interesting! I'm also located on the east coast. Even though I've been with my current guild since the first game came out, the guild has become inactive and most of its members haven't logged in for over 5 years. I just came back from a 6 year long hiatus. (Re)learning the game's mechanics, new and old, has been quite a task. I'm definitely interested in the Fractals, WvW, and PvP. I do feel the need to make the jump elsewhere that has a more active base of players. My nights off from work are Monday and Tuesday but I do have an active gym schedule. I go 4 evenings a week. This includes those two days off from work. I'm generally there from 1700 to 1845 on Mondays and 1900 to 2045 on Tuesdays. If y'all are good with this, then I'm good with it. 😄

Edited by The Outsider.2736
  • Like 2