[NA||PvX||TC] Remnants of Hope [RoH]: A true gaming community

Skaal.9362

Recently became a full member with ROH. They've been very helpful with helping me understand fractal runs, and have gotten me to appreciate PVP a little more running wvw content. The players are very friendly to talk to and very welcoming. I've played this game on and off since it came out, and have been a little lost and haven't found a guild that I felt comfortable in. ROH has helped me out greatly. 

• Like 2

Woot!  Took and claimed Blue (Stormbluff Isle/Fort Aspenwood) garrison tonight in WvW!  Reset night continues to have its own special charm, despite the sometimes brutal queues.

Also, grats to TWENTY new friends who came through our Trial Membership process to become full members in September!  Tonight, many of those new members had their first experience of our monthly community meeting, bringing together players across six MMOs.

Edited by Skaal.9362

RoH has been my online family for 2 years and running.  It's organized but is fun.  We do everything from fun Grab Bags to off the wall stuff; while still hitting all the main ideas of the game including WvW nights which can be most enjoyable! If your looking for a fun group that cross all generations and spectrums hit us up!!  We have a small trial membership but it's worth it, because then you get to know the family so much better :).  See you in game.

• Like 2

I've been with the guild since around February. I mostly played solo up until then. It's great having a group of lovely people to group up with for raids and fractals and such, and there are scheduled events happening every day. It's also the little things, like guild hall parties for festivals, learning from other guild members, and funs chats in Discord. And, if you have any interest in trying out other MMO's like ESO, FF14, New World, etc., it's also easy to play with the other RoH divisions in those games. 

• Like 2

I joined up with the guild about a month ago, as a practically brand new player (I'd just hit level 80 for the first time, wearing only a random pile of whatever rares had dropped, life lived entirely on foot, etc), and it's been one of the smarter choices I've made in the game so far!

There's a regular events schedule with things happening pretty much every night that cover all skill and progression levels and game-mode tastes, and most times anyone in guild chat's floated anything not formally scheduled ("anyone want to run some T-whatnot fractals?" and the like) there's immediate takers. So among other things, the guild culture strikes that difficult balance point for being casual do-your-thing friendly, but as an active group presence and availability.

The trial period can take some interested folks aback at first glance, but it's about making sure that the guild's a good fit for new members, and the oft-overlooked vice versa; also crucially, at no point during my own trial period did I get even a whiff of elitism, cliquishness, or whatnot; I was made to feel at home basically immediately.

• Like 3

After 9 years of playing GW2 without joining a guild, I decided to join RoH. I do not regret my decision. RoH is a great group of people. The leadership is helpful and relaxed. There are frequent events of all types. If you're a casual player looking for a good guild, then you can't go wrong with RoH!

• Like 4

I am a newly minted member after having gone through the trial period. Over the years I have been in many guilds, in GW2 and other MMOs, and by far this is the BEST guild ever! Everyone is super welcoming and friendly, there is always a something going on and folks to chat with in game or on our Discord server, and the guild is incredibly well run and organized by fantastic people. Sound too good to be true??? Nope! It's just THAT GOOD!!!

• Like 3

I started playing GW2 about 3 months ago and had decided to look for a guild to join to do some end game content with. I came across Remnants of Hope, and am glad I did!  The officers and assistants were very welcoming and explained the various content guild wars 2 has to offer and the members are friendly and patient. It's been a long time since I've seen a guild that is well organized and is constantly running events (daily) during a time where there is no new content. Members are welcome to run their own events and post into the guild's discord that run outside of the guild's daily events as well. The guild has a small guild feel to it even though it has lots of members in it, just for the guild wars 2 division. If you're a friendly gamer that's looking for like minded and friendly gamers to have fun with, you can't go wrong with giving Remnants of Hope a try. They've been around since Starwars Galaxies and are continuing to grow, so there's always people around to hang out with.

• Like 3

I've been part of Remnants of Hope for almost two months now, and I must say, I wish I had encountered this guild way before that. Having played for years while only being a part of a small guild with mostly 4, 5 concurrent players active, most of which were not really engaging, joining RoH was a real life-changer. People are incredibly helpful, respectful and sociable.

The fact there is something for everyone is great, as no one feels excluded by not having an event dedicated for that activity. Want to do some PvP? Sure, go ahead and join the weekly event! Would you rather play some WvW? That's the same. What about fractals, raids, pve in general? We've got you covered! We have even some pretty dedicated role-players here!

At first I was skeptical, due to the required forum application process. I felt it was too much for just a game; after reading the guild description, however, I decided to give it a go, and I'm so glad I did. I've been doing at least a couple of activities per week with guildmates, and I can chat about anything related to the game, as there will always be someone to help/share their opinion.

All in all, Remnants of Hope renewed my love for the game.

Edited by Pike.2496
  • Like 2

I've been with this group for a few weeks now and it's been the most fun I've had in GW2 in a while. They're a great bunch of people and they have events running every day for almost any type of gameplay you can imagine. I've finally had the opportunity to do some higher end content like fractals with these guys and it's been enjoyable to learn and experience new things with the guild!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrBushidosan.4180 said:

looking to join a guild. returning casual player after few years but treat me like I'm new. thanks

Hi MrBushidosan! We'd love to have you check us out, see what we're about, and shoot us an application! Please don't hesitate to pm me with any questions as well. https://www.remnantsofhope.com/review/gw2/

• Like 1

WvW Reset last night saw so much fun, we couldn't stop.  Commander Princess deftly maneuvered between, stole towers from, and occasionally got caught by two 35+ enemy groups!  We had such a good time that after the official event ended, we declared an afterparty and pressed on for another hour and a half.

Thanks to all who participated, especially our Trial Members and a guest from our SWTOR Division!

Edited by Skaal.9362
Add imgur link

Hello! I tried to register to the forums but can't get that kitten confirmation email to show in my inbox! lol I won't let that deter me though, hopefully we can get this figured out so I can go through the trial. I been playing on and off for the past two-3 years, and with EoD coming up I want a good group of people to enjoy the story with! I love playing main ele and necro, hopefully soon adding mesmer to the mix. Also, I'm curious if you guys do dungeons at all, I miss them and would still love to run them some more. I left my email on your contact us link from the forum. Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/28/2021 at 9:35 PM, Kerrs.1974 said:

Hello! I tried to register to the forums but can't get that kitten confirmation email to show in my inbox! lol I won't let that deter me though, hopefully we can get this figured out so I can go through the trial. I been playing on and off for the past two-3 years, and with EoD coming up I want a good group of people to enjoy the story with! I love playing main ele and necro, hopefully soon adding mesmer to the mix. Also, I'm curious if you guys do dungeons at all, I miss them and would still love to run them some more. I left my email on your contact us link from the forum. Thank you!

Saw your application come through! Looking forward to meeting you in game soon! Glad you stuck with us. 🙂

• Like 2

One of our members recently posted this on our forums:

"Ahhhh RoH... my one true home. I had been searching for a GW2 home for 3 years before I found this and I fit right in. I had just quit one of the most competitive groups I had ever been part of and although they taught me how to play well, it was not a family like this is. It has now been 3 years I have been here. I joined to find a family, and I found exactly that."

(Used with permission)

• Like 3

I'm a newly-minted member and recently returned to GW2. This has already been one of the best experiences I've had joining a guild in an MMO. The guild is exceptionally active, with enough people around for a variety of events depending on your interests. Everyone has been warm, welcoming and helpful, willing to take the time to provide information as well as help you get things done in game. The discord and the guild forum are bustling as well. Overall, RoH has made it a lot easier for me to get back into the game and enhanced my experience. I'm very happy to have found you all and I encourage anyone who is curious to check it out!

• Like 2