[NA||PvX||TC] Remnants of Hope [RoH]: A true gaming community

Skaal.9362

@MagisterCantus.3046 Hello! I have been in RoH for a while at this point and live in New Zealand. So I get the timezone question. In general, it hasn't caused too many issues for me. The range of people in the guild means that you can often get involved in the various activities the guild does. Especially on weekends. But with  people online at pretty much all times, there's always the opportunity to reach out and hang out with guildmates when there's not "official" guild events happening. 

• Like 3

@MagisterCantus.3046 I live in the EST time zone, but I have noticed that there's usually somebody on at every time, including 3-4 in the morning my time. I normally game in the mornings, since I have work in the evenings, and we generally have plenty of people on at that time as well, even at like, 9am EST. As a guild we really try to encourage socializing and hanging out outside of guild events, so Quik is telling the truth about that. I'd love to hang out with you as part of the guild, odd times or no! 🙂 

• Like 2

Comment from a new member on our reddit post:

Awesome guild with a very friendly and helpful community and phenomenal leadership. They have multiple weekly events and, even though I joined for WvW at first, I've been exploring game modes I never touched before because they make it all content fun; I am so glad I joined!

• Like 1

Post from new-ish member of the community on our reddit thread:

It really is a fantastic community. The process does have some red tape, but it’s to protect you and the community. There’s always something going on between organized events and one-off, spontaneous events. I’ve been in a lot of guilds but this is the first that’s felt familiar and like home despite being somewhat new here.

• Like 1

Post from a new member on reddit:

Awesome group; really willing to help with all kinds of content (groups are working on older content at the same time new groups are taking on the expansion strikes while other groups are in WvW).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Post from a new member on our reddit thread:

Awesome guild; they provide instruction for newer players in all game modes (open world PvE, Fractals, Raids, Strikes, PvP & WvW) and invite veteran players to team up for static and casual groups. The guild is friendly with great leadership and great comraderie. I recommend them to everyone who is looking for a wonderful guild!

• Like 1

This new member comment came from our New World Division rather than the GW2 Division.  But it reflects the experience of many new members in GW2 and all of our six MMO Divisions.

I applied recently and went through the trial period. The process was painless and gave me opportunities to do activities with the company and RoH community. The New World crew have been fantastic and definitely make the game more enjoyable through Discord communication and events. If you're looking for a stable, fun, laid back company, give RoH a look!

A new member going through our Trial membership posted today on reddit:

I found this guild in this subreddit last week and I joined as a trial member. They seem to have everything I'm looking for: game veterans who are more than happy to fully explain aspects of the game that I'm unfamiliar with, regularly scheduled PVE events (diverse array of content) with a lot of participation, and very friendly members.

• Like 1

Curious if when you do open up recruitment again if new players on a different home server would be welcome to apply ? Really am looking for a permanent home of friendly folks as I have already decided to keep playing GW2 a good long time , as have enjoyed my early time in it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about joining Remnant of Hope? Here's a unique perspective for you. I originally joined the around 8 years ago. I eventually ended up becoming the GW2 Division Leader (RoH is much more than just a GW2 guild btw) and then became an Elder Council Member. I loved my time with RoH and made some really great friends. It was a big part of my life back then. Real life ended up throwing some curveballs, as it tends to do, which took me away from gaming and from having much free time at all. Now, all these years later, I've rejoined the guild. After all this time, the members have changed as things typically do. Despite the guild being a different group of people now, it still felt exactly like the RoH from 7-8 years ago. Even though there is a new family living in the house, it still feels like coming home. That's a rare thing. The foundation of community that RoH was built on is strong. If you really want to be a part of good community, this is where you want to be.  

• Like 2