Harbringer Heal Priority

Obtena.7952

Just playing around and made an observation

I have Signet of Vampirism for the heal slot. Heal priority appears to be that Dark Disciple heals FIRST, then the Signet of Vampirism passive life steals after this if you still aren't at full health. 

Would this bother anyone else or is it just me? This prioritization means your LF is always taxed if you aren't full health. Doesn't really sit well with me. 

Also, another observation ... you can AFK farm with this Vampire Signet/Dark Disciple heal mechanic.

Edited by Obtena.7952

I actually noticed that with most/all healing, especially noticeable in Fractals (even more so in Nightmare point capture), with things like Agony ticks and I suppose Raid arena ticks, although I haven't tested it there, constantly consuming LF no matter how little the damage, even if you have Tormenting Runes, Vamp Signet, Parasitic Contagion, Blood Magic Leech, Regeneration, Fractal God, a support healing you - if you are missing any % health, Dark Disciple pops to heal you up, consuming LF. 

Currently, even if you never take more than literally 1 Hit Point Damage at once, which would be fully healed up in less than a second by numerous other sources of sustain anyway, you'll quickly drain your entire LF in a matter of seconds.

One theoretically easy fix would be to make Dark Disciple only activate once you are missing health = to 5% of current LF for a full tick. 

Edited by Asum.4960

8 hours ago, Asum.4960 said:

I actually noticed that with most/all healing, especially noticeable in Fractals (even more so in Nightmare point capture), with things like Agony ticks and I suppose Raid arena ticks, although I haven't tested it there, constantly consuming LF no matter how little the damage, even if you have Tormenting Runes, Vamp Signet, Parasitic Contagion, Blood Magic Leech, Regeneration, Fractal God, a support healing you - if you are missing any % health, Dark Disciple pops to heal you up, consuming LF. 

Currently, even if you never take more than literally 1 Hit Point Damage at once, which would be fully healed up in less than a second by numerous other sources of sustain anyway, you'll quickly drain your entire LF in a matter of seconds.

One theoretically easy fix would be to make Dark Disciple only activate once you are missing health = to 5% of current LF for a full tick. 

That's the complete opposite from what I have observed.  Dark Disciple only drains exactly enough life force to top you off, if you're missing less than 1 tick.

31 minutes ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

That's the complete opposite from what I have observed.  Dark Disciple only drains exactly enough life force to top you off, if you're missing less than 1 tick.

I haven't tested it in detail, so that might be the case - but it's still a bad mechanic and I'd still much prefer if it only healed if it can heal for a full tick at least, or had a minor kick in delay. 

What I did in testing was going to the Fractal Lobby to summon a basic golem to hit me for minor damage while putting on Tormenting Runes, Parasitic Contagion, Vampiric Presence, Signet of Vampirism, Fractal God, etc. and then Pistol Auto for Torment/Condition applications to trigger all the heals - Aka, enough healing to instantly heal any damage the golem would do to me 10 fold, without needing Dark Disciple.

The result was rapidly draining Life Force due to Dark Disciple instantly triggering for completely redundant healing ticks. 

As it stands, the Trait is more a downside than benefit, if you have any sustain at all from another source, as it just eats your LF for effectively no return in many cases.

Edited by Asum.4960