Harbinger, what I'd change

Dadnir.5038

Disclaimer: This is my own point of view, I'm not claiming that I have "the" solution.

The goal is to tune down a bit condition damage, make the defensive elixirs less awkward and transform the strike damage traitline into a healing traitline.

Harbinger shroud:

1. Tainted bolt: Inflict poison instead of torment.
  2. Dark barrage: Inflict bleed instead of torment.

Pistol:

1. Vicious shot: Inflict bleed instead of torment.
  2. Weeping shot: Inflict bleed instead of torment.

Elixirs:

1. Elixir of Promise: Gain health and vigor. If you have blight on yourself consume up to 5 stacks and gain 2% LF per stack consumed. (Blight consumption happen after the initial effects)
  2. Elixir of Bliss: Gain resolution. If you have blight on yourself consume up to 5 stacks and cleanse 1 condition per stack consumed. (Blight consumption happen after the initial effects)
  3. Elixir of Ignorance: Break stun and gain resistance. If you have 5 stack of blight or more on yourself consume 5 stacks to gain 5s dark aura. (Blight consumption happen after the initial effects)

Traits:

1. Wicked corruption: change name, now grant outgoing healing per stack of blight.
  2. Implacable foe: change name, now double blight gained while in shroud but reduce all blight duration by 20%.
  3. Cascading corruption: change name, for each stack of blight on you heal up to 5 allies around you every second for 5 + (0.025xHealing power) (do not affect you).
  4. Deathly haste: This trait now double it's base quickness duration if coupled with Implacable foe.
  5. Doom approach: changed to: Your condition damage increase while under the effect of an aura. While in Harbinger shroud, weaken (3s) foe around you and gain dark aura (3s) every 3s.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 8

Not a fan of removing Blight. It also goes against the existing modifiers and your healing GM idea. 

Wouldn't necessarily want to see Poison on Shroud auto either, at least baseline. It's a rather powerful condition having healing reducing effect. I guess Necro was known as the bunker buster but I'd still be very cautious with poison on every quick auto.  However, there could be a Harbinger trait that changes the DoT from auto to Poison perhaps. 

To me, ArenaNet likes the new Torment a lot because it self-balances itself between game modes. Deals higher damage in pve and lower in pvp, in general, just because of the importance of movement (and lack thereof) in each.

• Like 3

I think the torment stacks and its interaction with shroud 5 with dhuumfire autos gives condi harbingers just enough burst to be balanced for roaming. Im not a fan of changing the pistol skills to bleed. Shroud 1 giving poison would be too strong as a baseline. 

Also, I think only the healing elixir should remove blight, but that's it. no other bonuses for the blight consumption.

Edited by mikdepadua.8376
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1