Dragonhunter and trapper rune nerfs are WAY WAY WAY overdue

Bast.7253

Trapper runes should be removed because they are annoying, but the build right now is barely viable only because of those. Guards in general still have huge issues with condi pressure, no reveals (except two bad ones on dh only) and no answer to unblockables. If you wanna see a non cheesy dps guard build at serious levels those have to be addressed.

• Confused 1

DH just has so much crit burst with so little work. I see DH run longbow skill 5 and break off it after one hit then it does another massive damage hit even if you stop using the skill? that's just promoting lazy play and not fair to the other classes cause they can't get hits in if they decide to stop attacking it almost seems like a bug.

The traps are also super annoying I think they should make it more visible if they have traps on a node sometimes you can't even tell it's there.

Also too many noobs are getting steamrolled by DH's it's just pissing off the playerbase that could probably give PvP more of a shot but then they see all of these passive lazy trap bursts it puts a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths and never want to try the mode again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

42 minutes ago, Sovari.7246 said:

DH just has so much crit burst with so little work. I see DH run longbow skill 5 and break off it after one hit then it does another massive damage hit even if you stop using the skill? that's just promoting lazy play and not fair to the other classes cause they can't get hits in if they decide to stop attacking it almost seems like a bug.

The traps are also super annoying I think they should make it more visible if they have traps on a node sometimes you can't even tell it's there.

Also too many noobs are getting steamrolled by DH's it's just pissing off the playerbase that could probably give PvP more of a shot but then they see all of these passive lazy trap bursts it puts a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths and never want to try the mode again.

There's a big WvW PvPer trying out GW2 PvP. He's literally been grinding for 9 hours a day 5 days straight on twitch now with about 1.2k viewers on average (almost double of what TeaPot gets on average for instance). He's pretty fair in judging what matchups he can take and shouldn't take, he's learning surprisingly fast. The one thing that constantly actually pisses him off is when he gets oneshot by a DH.

This kitten is not a good look for GW2, GW2PvP in particular, especially not now that so many players from WoW are trying the game and tens of thousands of extra twitch viewers on a daily basis now see this stuff happening.

Edited by SevlisBavles.3059

9 hours ago, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

There's a big WvW PvPer trying out GW2 PvP. He's literally been grinding for 9 hours a day 5 days straight on twitch now with about 1.2k viewers on average (almost double of what TeaPot gets on average for instance). He's pretty fair in judging what matchups he can take and shouldn't take, he's learning surprisingly fast. The one thing that constantly actually pisses him off is when he gets oneshot by a DH.

This kitten is not a good look for GW2, GW2PvP in particular, especially not now that so many players from WoW are trying the game and tens of thousands of extra twitch viewers on a daily basis now see this stuff happening.

So one shotting him with a deadeye, soulbeast, power mes or nade Scrapper should be okay? Because they all match the DH burst and can all come from invis. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

So one shotting him with a deadeye, soulbeast, power mes or nade Scrapper should be okay? Because they all match the DH burst and can all come from invis. 

Yeah, about power mesmer, drop a couple of condies and he's dead. Not f3 then f2, then focus renewed, then f3 and f2 again, then blind from light trap, then stealth and superspeed, then push with shield and back to stealth. There's something called risk 😉

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Yeah, about power mesmer, drop a couple of condies and he's dead. Not f3 then f2, then focus renewed, then f3 and f2 again, then blind from light trap, then stealth and superspeed, then push with shield and back to stealth. There's something called risk 😉

I can't believe how out of touch people are. 

If you seriously think playing a class with 11k health is risk-free you're beyond delusional. A single nade + ee is half your health. A single backstab + steal is half your health. A rev porting on you is death. 

There's a reason no one plays the spec above gold. Sic'em is a straight upgrade with more damage, health, mobility and sustain. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 8/21/2021 at 9:39 PM, RedAvenged.5217 said:

The condition version was already gutted and isn’t op even with trapper runes, what else do you want?

Lets be real here, nothing will. They will WAAAA till the class they fight against (guardian dragonhunter with rune of trapper) is basically forced to sit still have no defensives and dies in 1 hit.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/25/2021 at 12:51 AM, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

DH doesn't really need any nerfs. The problem is entirely Trapper runes and the fact that stealth in gw2 is very poorly designed. 

Stealth in GW2 is the worst iteration I ever seen in a MMO, hands down:

1)Completely onesided 

2)No counterplay outside some timed dodges hoping for the best and for the enemy to be a total moron

3)Sadly the only thing working against stealth is the DH spear....nothing else compares, things like sic'em are toys by comparison to DH spear.

Basically stealth in GW2 is borderline asinine concept, design and iteration....shameless development

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

To stay on topic, I beat a DH with a melee fire weaver. I admit it was a tough sweaty match (I go between g2 and g3 in EU) and my timing had to be as precise as a manual complicated Patek Philippe watch. 

My effort was 9.5/10 (hey Im no pro) while his was around 3/10. 

After the match, I politely said good fight and he responded by calling me a noob for playing fire weaver. 

Not all but I've noticed a lot of DH trappers tend to be on the cocky side, like they're God's greatest gift. 

Nerfing the runes will rob a ranger build that's 10% the effectivity of DH. No one complains about that ranger build so I hope the devs consider. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

To stay on topic, I beat a DH with a melee fire weaver. I admit it was a tough sweaty match (I go between g2 and g3 in EU) and my timing had to be as precise as a manual complicated Patek Philippe watch. 

My effort was 9.5/10 (hey Im no pro) while his was around 3/10. 

After the match, I politely said good fight and he responded by calling me a noob for playing fire weaver. 

Not all but I've noticed a lot of DH trappers tend to be on the cocky side, like they're God's greatest gift. 

Nerfing the runes will rob a ranger build that's 10% the effectivity of DH. No one complains about that ranger build so I hope the devs consider. 

Because condi trap ranger is useless

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Stealth in GW2 is the worst iteration I ever seen in a MMO, hands down:

1)Completely onesided 

2)No counterplay outside some timed dodges hoping for the best and for the enemy to be a total moron

3)Sadly the only thing working against stealth is the DH spear....nothing else compares, things like sic'em are toys by comparison to DH spear.

Basically stealth in GW2 is borderline asinine concept, design and iteration....shameless development

You know almost every class has reveal and can cleave invisible people, just because you can't see the thief doesn't mean you can't hit the thief and again you have reveal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

It's fun to watch people argue about this build. I said my piece about it months(almost a year lol) ago, however I played it a lot since so now I kind of like it.
I mean it's broken OP and absolutely shouldn't exist, but it upsets newcomers/veterans to no end, and thats the only quality I'm looking for in a build nowadays. I mean who cares about balance, if I'm not getting angry whispers why did I even log in? If you hurt this build, you take away my angry whispers, A-net please!

Also please buff scourge. I can no longer tank 3v1, whats up with that?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/26/2021 at 8:51 AM, Genesis.5169 said:

You know almost every class has reveal and can cleave invisible people, just because you can't see the thief doesn't mean you can't hit the thief and again you have reveal.

And most reveal skills are terrible. Aside from Detection Pulse and Gaze of Darkness, most are horrible targeted reveals that don't work if someone is stealthed, or extremely situational like DH's reveal trap.  If we have to start bringing reveals for DH but not classes like mesmer or thief because Trapper rune gives them more stealth or because they become more dangerous with stealth, then it should tell you trapper is a problem. 

Remove trapper and get rid of this crutch. 

Edited by CutesySylveon.8290
  • Like 3

I just want somebody to explain to me why everyone isn’t abusing DH in MATs. It’s so OP that it shouldn’t exist, yet I don’t see it being represented at high levels. Seems strange to me, because it’s so broken. But perhaps it’s just a meme build, it has its uses but has clear flaws. That couldn’t be the case though… could it? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

this reads like someone who is chronically in gold 2 queues. Also hilarious how you spell out that DH and "high level play" are not synonymous, just like the noobs you're trying to meme. So then ig they're your peers?

would be better to just say the flowchart "LTP" response and move on, i'm sure you'll change someone's mind soon enough or better yet convince Anet to give middle-child DHs any other option 🥱

Nah usually P1 from G3 (nothing special really) not that it really matters with this low population. At this point I even play ranked when I’m learning new builds to farm gold. I like how you try to separate yourself from G2, like you aren’t in the exact same queue. Fun. I’ve memed my fair share w DH, and tbh it’s kinda fun. But it really is only effective for those who don’t know how to play against it OR if the enemy team just forgets about you. I keep up w the trends though, I watch twitch, I talk to high tier players, get advice and opinions and such. The rune itself is OP, but it still barely brings DH afloat. If a Rev ports to you, your dead unless you pop your elite, those blocks won’t save you. Ele uses projectile denial, dead. Ranger sheds your aegis and then locks you down, dead. Engi, nades, dead. I’m not really here to sway anyone. Just offering an opinion. I’ve played thousands of games, but I’m nobody special. Personally I used to main guardian before HoT, but it’s never been the same since. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shrapnel.7249 said:

Nah usually P1 from G3 (nothing special really) not that it really matters with this low population. At this point I even play ranked when I’m learning new builds to farm gold. I like how you try to separate yourself from G2, like you aren’t in the exact same queue. Fun. 

LOL I separate myself from gold 2 cuz I'm unranked 😨

but G2 is definitely a mindset, and that last reply was G2 mvp levels. but hey G3? gj rly

1 hour ago, Shrapnel.7249 said:

The rune itself is OP, but it still barely brings DH afloat.

the rest of your post doesn't rly matter, *u play lots, u talk to high tier players, ranger pew pew beats your pew pew, fine*

what I'm interested in is this sentiment right here.

Can I ask what justifies this kind of cheese for you? wouldn't it be better to bring down trapper rune efficacy and then give guards resustain back? rather than bring DH up in survivability & potentially not touching rune, truly bringing it in line w/ the worst of the worst like MM 🎤

(asking in this order since Anet seems to take their sweet time with proper nerfs, so buffing guard then nerfing trapper rune will just be another scourge situation)

Oh, absolutely. I would be ecstatic to bring ACTUAL options to DH over relying on this rune. Please! But it’s not gonna happen anytime soon (or at all). So my justification is that I’d rather have a build be in existence (that I don’t have a problem playing as or against tbh, but that’s my opinion clearly) vs just another dead spec situation. Because ANET waives that nerf hammer into nonexistence. 
And yeah dude, thanks! Getting to P1 is actually quite a task when you play on NA at absolute dead times. I get a lot of AFKers, so sometimes just getting an actual team that plays is an accomplishment. But really P1 just means you know how to click your skills and rotate. Which is why I fall back into G3 when I try to learn new stuff. I’m potato, but it’s a blast!

sorry I forgot to quote the last fella before this post that this was a response too. But you get the idea 🙂

Edited by Shrapnel.7249

14 minutes ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

LOL I separate myself from gold 2 cuz I'm unranked 😨

but G2 is definitely a mindset, and that last reply was G2 mvp levels. but hey G3? gj rly

the rest of your post doesn't rly matter, *u play lots, u talk to high tier players, ranger pew pew beats your pew pew, fine*

what I'm interested in is this sentiment right here.

Can I ask what justifies this kind of cheese for you? wouldn't it be better to bring down trapper rune efficacy and then give guards resustain back? rather than bring DH up in survivability & potentially not touching rune, truly bringing it in line w/ the worst of the worst like MM 🎤

(asking in this order since Anet seems to take their sweet time with proper nerfs, so buffing guard then nerfing trapper rune will just be another scourge situation)

5 minutes ago, Shrapnel.7249 said:

Oh, absolutely. I would be ecstatic to bring ACTUAL options to DH over relying on this rune. Please! But it’s not gonna happen anytime soon (or at all). So my justification is that I’d rather have a build be in existence (that I don’t have a problem playing as or against tbh, but that’s my opinion clearly) vs just another dead spec situation. Because ANET waives that nerf hammer into nonexistence. 
And yeah dude, thanks! Getting to P1 is actually quite a task when you play on NA at absolute dead times. I get a lot of AFKers, so sometimes just getting an actual team that plays is an accomplishment. But really P1 just means you know how to click your skills and rotate. Which is why I fall back into G3 when I try to learn new stuff. I’m potato, but it’s a blast!