Dragonhunter and trapper rune nerfs are WAY WAY WAY overdue

Bast.7253

54 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

I never get why most people get angry when guard main ask for a dps spec to be meta or any in that matter. Literally every other class asks for buff on their forums too. Even necro mains and all their specs are literally viable. Yet guards does it and its like calling on death it self. 

Supp and dps play diffrently we just dont want to be stuck with just support  (also playing support in ranked latter is one of the worst expirence in this game most of the time) why is this so hard to understand? 

I would happly see trapper dh nerf if it would mean we could have a non meme dps build viable in high ranks. 

Because they already have a meta build. Maybe let someone else play the game

34 minutes ago, Filip.7463 said:

Also in another post exile is claiming that prot holo, valk ranger and weaver are very fast at killing sup guard.

Wrong, I said (or meant to say) they were among the fastess that can kill a core support on a 1v1 thats not the same as they "are very fast at killing sup guard"

You are not really reading the post you are only looking and seeing what you like people to say. Thats how someone whos is  deadset bias to 1 way of thinking reads. Now I see theres no point in a coversation with you.  

Edited by Exile.8160

16 minutes ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

The real problem here is the stealth from trapper runes. Being able to break target is hugely underrated and with the runes guards can do it almost at will

Superspeed is more a factor than stealth for the runes, you get reveal really easy when traps hit someone and since you cant stealth without using a traps you have the less control over it. It also mean you cant spam it while a trap is hitting someone because reveal wont let you get the stealth.

Meanwhile superspeed lets the guard disengange further with less possibility of getting removed.

This is why I say you guys are blindly asking for nerfs on a build you dont understand.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

Superspeed is more a factor than stealth for the runes, you get reveal really easy when traps hit someone and since you cant stealth without using a traps you have the less control over it. It also mean you cant spam it while a trap is hitting someone because reveal wont let you get the stealth.

Meanwhile superspeed lets the guard disengange further with less possibility of getting removed.

This is why I say you guys are blindly asking for nerfs on a build you dont understand.

Personally as a warrior main I don't care about the superspeed. I can run them down anyways but when they break target while trying to run them down they get away 

46 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

Stealth is much more of a factor than Superspeed.  Don't get me wrong; Superspeed is strong too, but there are lots of ways of countering it/keeping up with it (e.g., movement skills, teleports, cripple/chill/immob, etc).  Stealth is much harder to play around.

But, for the sake of argument, even if we grant that Superspeed is the real culprit, that still ends with pointing the the finger at the Trapper Rune.

Again, I don't think anyone is saying that Guard can't have a DPS spec; it's a good thing for a profession to have multiple ways to play.  But being able to delete people and wipe teams the way a good DH can (especially from stealth!) is toxic to the gameplay and should be adjusted.

Removing Trapper rune from PvP would force DH to either build for more defense/sustain (e.g., Demolisher over Berserker amulet) and/or drop a trap or 2 in favor of defensive cooldowns.  This would likely be a sufficient "nerf" that would keep DH viable but would bring it back in line with how other classes are performing.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

Personally as a warrior main I don't care about the superspeed. I can run them down anyways but when they break target while trying to run them down they get away 

I mean by pressing tab you can re target him as soon as hes stealth goes away which would pretty fast if the trap hit you.

A good thing is also dodge as soon as he stealths because more likely than non hes gonna try true shot or f1.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Stealth is much more of a factor than Superspeed.  Don't get me wrong; Superspeed is strong too, but there are lots of ways of countering it/keeping up with it (e.g., movement skills, teleports, cripple/chill/immob, etc).  Stealth is much harder to play around.

But, for the sake of argument, even if we grant that Superspeed is the real culprit, that still ends with pointing the the finger at the Trapper Rune.

Again, I don't think anyone is saying that Guard can't have a DPS spec; it's a good thing for a profession to have multiple ways to play.  But being able to delete people and wipe teams the way a good DH can (especially from stealth!) is toxic to the gameplay and should be adjusted.

Removing Trapper rune from PvP would force DH to either build for more defense/sustain (e.g., Demolisher over Berserker amulet) and/or drop a trap or 2 in favor of defensive cooldowns.  This would likely be a sufficient "nerf" that would keep DH viable but would bring it back in line with how other classes are performing.  

If steatlh would be the main proble thief would need nerfs tho. They can deal pretty much the same amount of dmg from stealth only time DH has it beat is if the dh get multiple inside a trap the aoe would out dmg thief but in a 1v1 its pretty much thief.

anyways if trapper is remove completely DH has nothing to stand on sadly. Which is a problem of the dps side of guards in general.

Edited by Exile.8160

27 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

If steatlh would be the main proble thief would need nerfs tho. They can deal pretty much the same amount of dmg from stealth only time DH has it beat is if the dh get multiple inside a trap the aoe would out dmg thief but in a 1v1 its pretty much thief.

anyways if trapper is remove completely DH has nothing to stand on sadly. Which is a problem of the dps side of guards in general.

First off if trapper runes are what make the build viable  that's a problem. Second, yes they do deal similar damage but guardian has far more blocks and heals than thief. You can't tell me stealth on a guardian is something that should exist. If they gave warrior stealth the whole game would storm anet and burn it to the ground. There is zero reason to give guardian stealth from anything other than another player. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

If steatlh would be the main proble thief would need nerfs tho.

They probably do--but that's a discussion for another thread.  But stealth is at least a core part of a thief's profession mechanic; it's NOT  part of guard's, but they get access to a ton of it because of one rune.

35 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

You would still have access to some of the most gaudy damage numbers in the game. It would be a lot harder to make a complete glass build viable without Trapper Rune, but it should be hard to make a glass build viable.  

DH could still get plenty of good damage and CC even if running Demolisher or other more balanced gear selections. 

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Exile.8160 said:

This I can agree with. Im fine with them removing stealth from the rune but not outright removing the whole rune from the game. 

i guess i don't see what makes them soo good that removing stealth is fine and removing runes breaks the build. 3 secods of superspeed isn't that great. good but not great

ANet trashed FB until became useless in PvP (no damage, no sustain, pity support even compared to core... ) then people moaned about burn DH (a one trick pony easy to counter into nothing...) and now is having trouble with another easy to counter glass cannon in a meta in which the current damage is easily 1/3 lower than in January 2020...   Unbeliable. You're only wasting bullets to fall in the same problem again: as soon as DH trapper gets nerfed a new meta will emerge and you'll be moaning again.

Darwin set it clear: the ones which survive aren't the strongest or the fastest, but the ones which in a crisis can adapt. The players which beat your as***  with trap DH today are the same ones which will do the same tomorrow with any other build, because aparently this game PvP doesn't have bttom ceiling...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Biased Guardian-main opinion:  I'd rather fight a dh than ANY other meta build currently out there (Holo, Necro's, Renegade, ect.), even WITH trapper runes.  There's a reason it wasn't in the monthly, it's a joke.

I'm also of the mindset that they need to remove trapper runes even if it pushes dh into trash-tier.  

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Arken.3725 said:

Biased Guardian-main opinion:  I'd rather fight a dh than ANY other meta build currently out there (Holo, Necro's, Renegade, ect.), even WITH trapper runes.  There's a reason it wasn't in the monthly, it's a joke.

I'm also of the mindset that they need to remove trapper runes even if it pushes dh into trash-tier.  

Well that depends on what build you play against it largely. And not being played in monthly doesn't mean its a joke its still very good in ranked.

Yeah rune needs to be removed not just for DH but for the digusting afk ranger builds. Honestly they might as well change traps to work like marks where you see them.

Edited by McPero.3287

On 8/21/2021 at 9:48 PM, Shrapnel.7249 said:

People still think trapper DH is OP? I’ve just accepted it as one of the specs. Its fun to play occasionally but it’s weaknesses are so apparent. What is it people are playing that makes it OP to them? It’s a real hassle for Mesmers and thief for sure. Seriously though this community wants everything nerfed when they die. We all get beat by better players or builds that counter yours, it’s part of the game. Of all the spammy spam stuff that exists in this game, Even ranger trapper rune is more annoying than trapper DH. I really hope with the amount of mobility in and coming into the game, that they never change trapper rune.

How can you counter a class that have multiple teleports, blocks and burns? tell me If you clean the burn they're still doing very high burst damage.

Trapper rune was created before Hot, and never intended to be used by the most Op class anet created. This rune was to help condi rangers in wvw.

Edited by frareanselm.1925
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/11/2021 at 1:14 AM, McPero.3287 said:

DH doesn't have the option to leave and will die to aoe just like thief.

That’s not true, to m having 11k health is not an issue at all. You got heavy armor to endure a hit and then panic skills to get out. You just do the wings leap away, use elite skill for 3s invuln and then lay traps to run away -easy as hell

Edited by Mik.3401

6 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

That’s not true, to m having 11k health is not an issue at all. You got heavy armor to endure a hit and then panic skills to get out. You just do the wings leap away, use elite skill for 3s invuln and then lay traps to run away -easy as hell

Elite has 105s cd meaning it can do that very rarely compared to thief and leap is not long range and most roamers will catch up to dh and kill it.

• Like 2