What are your plans if Tengu do come?

bharr.2890

3 minutes ago, Yggranya.5201 said:

Indeed. After all, if necroing threads or making multiple threads on the same thing was against the rules, one would think the moderators would do something about it. Since they don't, i assume it's a personal gripe of yours. No wonder nobody listens to you no matter how many times you repeat the same thing.

I'm just wondering why you refuse to quit.

Hope springs eternal.

If you have anything further on the subject, please feel free to PM me about it.  Let's not continue this derailment.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

This is not happening sadly but I’d make colourful parrot-looking one , probably making it a warrior to keep things simple

Edit: even speculating what I would to with tengu gave me a bit of this circa 2011-2012 feeling when everything about the game options was massively exciting. If only they knew how much hype new race could bring 

Edited by Mik.3401

29 minutes ago, Yggranya.5201 said:

Yes, but you could also try something original for a change. Years and years of the same thing...

Hmm, maybe i'll start reporting you for doing the moderator's job.

"Try something original"
Why should the answers be more original than the threads they respond to?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bharr.2890 said:

I guess this isn't going to be a fun thread. Is there a way to delete or should I unfollow it and abandon?

I'd just unfollow and abandon it. Official game forums are usually occupied by people who care about the game, but they don't have enough of the content that they want to do, so they tend to come here. They'll shoot down even hypotheticals.

I've had more meaningful discussions within general chat within the game or guild chat. And I hate to say it, but seems like Reddit's casual atmosphere makes it more appealing. Even the devs seem to post there more often.

50 minutes ago, bharr.2890 said:

I guess this isn't going to be a fun thread. Is there a way to delete or should I unfollow it and abandon?

Unfortunately you can't have fun threads on these forums, because there are too many people complaining about what they want while bashing the things that other people would want from the game. You experienced that first hand on this thread. I wish threads would be more fun though 😞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yggranya.5201 said:

Maybe someone would finally listen to them. Probably not, but "Hope springs eternal".

We've listened to them, for years, without bringing anything new to the discusion. It's always just "wouldn't it be cool if(matter of taste, weak argument)", "I've heard Tengu have been basically completely coded ten years ago(we don't know how far development had gone and I doubt that any ten year old code would still work with the game as is today)" and "they did mounts(non argument because it's nothing alike)" no new arguments, nothing. So all the "what do you think, Tengu nao!?!?!?!?!?" threads could in fact be resolved by a simple forum search and reading through the hunreds of threads there has to be on the topic at this point. All the arguments for them are there, all the arguments against them are there as well, the discusion has been had, many times, over and over again...

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

If they did come, I'd love to make a brightly colored one and perhaps roll another ranger. I actually really like them, though I do like them as a people we interact with, and the mysteriousness of them. 

It would have to be implemented in the way WoW introduced fuzzbutt pandas, they would have their own starting area and their own storyline in the Dominion of the Winds, and then join the present fight after leaving that.  It's an odd thing to add a new race, if you've not experienced it in another game, because they are not part of the events largely that have occurred up to that point. So they require their own backstory, which is fun, but would also need an entirely different personal story for them to fit in, they wouldn't work as being the Commander.

• Like 2

What would I do if Tengu were implemented?

I'd probably try to create an Ara or a Peafowl with a mix of feather-colors and armor skins, Mesmer or Guardian/Willbender. Then I would create serious looking bird, mimicking Sephiroth from the FFIV, head to my guildhall and try to intimidate Kesho for an hour or so. Then I would jump off a high place and check what falling animation Tengu have. Hoping it would be some kind of wing-flap or arm-flap animation. 

-

Since Wilky left, the board became quite boring. Have not had a good laugh or a heartwarming smile in weeks. We still cannot post any images. I guess they want us to advertise the game by relying more on critter, lyssascroll and instabraham. Maybe if they add rewards for sharing posts on those platforms, like a mini, a glider or a title, they might find some 'volunteers.' But by deactivating pictures on this board, they removed the soul from this place.

Bring those confused and cry emojis on! I want to have at least 5 of each this time ^^. 

• Like 2

Oof, sorry that you thought these forums were a reflection of the in-game community and was going to be fun and positive place. 

I'd make one of each armor class like I did with all the other races. I probably wouldn't make any more than that, though. I just like dressing up. So, once I had my fill of that, I'd likely go back to playing Sylvari or Charr. It's just hard to beat the glow! They'd have to have something we haven't seen on NPCs already. 

• Like 4

I'd probably make one, then take a tour through the wardrobe and marvel at how bad most of the cosmetics look on them besides their cultural gear. Nine years of playing Charr (and to a lesser extent Asura), trying to make them look nice, leaves me very cynical that Tengu would be implemented any better.

13 hours ago, bharr.2890 said:

Hmm I guess this is a lot less positive topic than I expected. OK pretend they did announce it then or its a surprise, what are your Tengu plans for the future? 

If we did get the Tengu I'd roll a warrior and cosplay Falco since wars are getting pistols. 

17 hours ago, Nash.2681 said:

Silently shed a tear that we didn't get Skritt instead.

This

In the spirit of the thread I would

*sigh...pull out wallet for character slots*

Spend forever figuring out which 4 professions I'm going to choose for my 2 male and 2 female tengu

Create -> delete in a seemingly endless and vicious cycle until I end up recreating what I originally started with because that really was what I wanted the most.

Let them collect dust until ArenaNet allows me to customize the order of my characters on the selection screen.  Otherwise I don't know which one is which.  Or log onto every preceding character to maintain the order.

Then spend months imagining what kind of visual theme I want for each of them.

Then cry out to the sky "WHY NO SKRITT!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????" and know that my soul is doomed to be skrittless forever as the silence answers back.

So, you know, normal stuff.

Edited by Rogue.8235
forecer is not how you spell forever