Glyph of Rejuvenation Radius

Buzzbugs.1236

On 8/23/2021 at 10:10 AM, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

The radius on this skill is too short at 300. Please buff it up to 600 at least so I don't have to be right up peoples butts just so I can hit them with a heal. Thanks..

Also Glyph radius are very inconsistent, some are 300, others are 450 others 600. It makes very difficult to get used to the different distances. 

I personally i would preffer all of them to work with a mechanic similar Glyph of Unity where you tether youself to friendlies/enemies and pulse heals to them. It would not need to change current total heal just divide the total heal in 6 seconds.  

The rest of the glyphs could benefit of a similar mechanic, like pulsing conditions ( Glyph of Alignment ) or break stun and pulse daze (Glyph of Equality). It would make Druid mechanic to be unique and make it much more useful while keeping the "burst support" theme.  

Even Glyph of the Stars would benefit greatly and make much less clunkier to use if it would use the same mechanic (tethering) instead the current ground AoE channelling. For example the Glyph could be used while using other avatar skills. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
equality pulses dazes no stability.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Lazze.9870 said:

Well, in an update that gave combo fields a better tell, Glyph of the Stars still has no visible indication to tell that it is an actual water field.

Someone should remind Anet that druid came with glyphs, not spirits.

But it is not a water field! It is a description bug. 😉
Like old sun spirit and might

10 hours ago, enkeny.6937 said:

But it is not a water field! It is a description bug.

I could swear I have seen people combo off of it before. Might be mixing it up with the CA-version.

Welp, that just makes it even worse. The fact that people can't combo off of it just makes the argument for making it either follow you or make it a "fire and forget" skill that doesn't require you to channel it for 7 seconds even stronger.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lazze.9870 said:

I could swear I have seen people combo off of it before. Might be mixing it up with the CA-version.

Welp, that just makes it even worse. The fact that people can't combo off of it just makes the argument for making it either follow you or make it a "fire and forget" skill that doesn't require you to channel it for 7 seconds even stronger.

The skill gives immunity to conditions for up to 7 seconds, so I think it being restricted to a fixed area and having a long channel are supposed to counterbalance it, aren't they?

2 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

The skill gives immunity to conditions for up to 7 seconds, so I think it being restricted to a fixed area and having a long channel are supposed to counterbalance it, aren't they?

One of those weird buffs which nobody asked for or felt like it was needed. Also it can apply as much as they want to, it is not usable in any competitive environment. It is very rare when you get up to 5 allies on the same spot for reviving where they aren't being spiked by enemies. Same goes for 5 allies when is raining fire. 

For that 60s CD i would have been more that happy with the Prevent downeds health loss  while reviving them , heal and cleanse conditions with tether mechanic. The tether mechanic makes the glyph only to work while is within the range (600 i think) which mechanically has the same mobility limitations as the current skill and it could even have the chanelling if Anet felt like they need to to further nerf that elite. 

Another contentious point is the dual  glyph states.  Something i don't see working, why would you use CA version of the glyphs when the avatar skills do better healing and doesn't cost you the utilities.  If CA would last longer or have different mechanic i could understand the dual aspect, but having such a sort duration it makes no sense at all to have those glyphs . It would be so much better to keep one state so at least the glyphs could be used offensively when the Druid is in avatar state. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

It is being restricted because it was created by a bunch of people that never play the class. Especially not in competetive modes which is the only area this skill might have seen some use. Typical ranger balance on Anet's part - extreme "counterbalance" before getting an idea of how things will play out when the players get the hands on it. It's like the kneejerk reaction they had to the old Most Dangerous Game trait.

Channeling a stationary skill for 7 seconds is horrible. The duration should have been condensed to 5 seconds and worked like a scrapper well. Why can't they just do things that work instead of implementing this sort of clunky skill to an elite spec already full of clunkiness?

Edited by Lazze.9870
  • Like 1