Mail Sent Successfully ...... Accept.

As someone who frequently sends mails in game to others I have to question why we get this popup after sending a mail.

Mail sent successfully

ACCEPT

Why is it necessary to tell us the mail was sent successfully? It would be more helpful if it would at least tell us who we just sent the mail to, so we could confirm that it was sent to our intended recipient. It should at least say "Mail sent successfully to player.xxxx"

And then why an accept button? What if we don't accept? There is no way to recall the mail if it was an accident. Just make the popup able to go away by hitting the escape button as is standard for most windows we open in the game. But having to move the mouse over to the button is just another general extra click time gate annoyance.

First world problems, I know... but am I the only one who finds this is annoying?

Edited by wheelsonheels.1937
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Because once upon a time someBody, somewhere, complained about not knowing if the mail was sent.

Probably.

I've had similar things at work, having to make sure everything has a confirmation screen which explicitly says that the thing you just told the computer to do has been done, otherwise people repeat it 4 or 5 times (or more) waiting for something to tell them it's happened.

The accept button does seem a bit pointless though, it could just pop up with a thing to say the mail was sent and then disappear.

16 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Probably.

I've had similar things at work, having to make sure everything has a confirmation screen which explicitly says that the thing you just told the computer to do has been done, otherwise people repeat it 4 or 5 times (or more) waiting for something to tell them it's happened.

The accept button does seem a bit pointless though, it could just pop up with a thing to say the mail was sent and then disappear.

Yup, i agree there. I remember when Yahoo had the confirmation button on theirs, was so glad when it just became a "sent" that faded away quickly.