So There's A Hack To Allow Mounting In No-Mount Areas?

Doing the daily JP and there's a charr character flying around on a skyscale in the middle of the no-glide/no-mount area (both icons are showing).

I assume this is a hack?

His reply when asked: "Anet just being lazy with the borders".

Somehow it was only allowing him to mount, no one else around.

Edited by Kraggy.4169

• Kraggy.4169 changed the title to So There's A Hack To Allow Mounting In No-Mount Areas?

It's them flying.

It's in the middle of the JP, the whole area is marked.  He's not using Leap to dismount he's standing in the middle of the ruins, not far from the upper level waterfall and simply mounting.

Edited by Kraggy.4169

22 minutes ago, Kraggy.4169 said:

Doing the daily JP and there's a charr character flying around on a skyscale in the middle of the no-glide/no-mount area (both icons are showing).

I assume this is a hack?

Somehow it was only allowing him to mount, no one else around.

Whats the daily jp?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, codedbykush.2019 said:

There are plenty of JP areas where mounts are allowed.

You can't say it is a hack just because someone is mounted.

Last night I had a 4-days siege deployment disabled debuff on me near enemy keep while everyone else could build stuff.

It is just how buggy the game is. Not necessarily a hack.

The wiki for Loreclaw Expanse (the daily JP yesterday) says:

"

• This puzzle may be bypassed using the Springer to jump directly up to the exit, south and slightly west of Researcher Irkz.

"

which has nothing to do with what I posted above .. I clearly said this player was MOUNTING in the middle of the JP,  I said nothing about him using amount to reach the JP, and yes I KNOW some JPs allow mounting but this one doesn't the 'NO MOUNT' icon is present in the place this player was mounting.

I repeat .. this was a player who was mounted at the heart of the JP in the NO MOUNT area, he dismounted and REMOUNTED many times on the upper area as you approach the waterfall you jump through.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Kraggy.4169 said:

The wiki for Loreclaw Expanse (the daily JP yesterday) says:

"

• This puzzle may be bypassed using the Springer to jump directly up to the exit, south and slightly west of Researcher Irkz.

"

which has nothing to do with what I posted above .. I clearly said this player was MOUNTING in the middle of the JP,  I said nothing about him using amount to reach the JP, and yes I KNOW some JPs allow mounting but this one doesn't the 'NO MOUNT' icon is present in the place this player was mounting.

I repeat .. this was a player who was mounted at the heart of the JP in the NO MOUNT area, he dismounted and REMOUNTED many times on the upper area as you approach the waterfall you jump through.

Did you go to the exact spot where he mounted and checked if the icon for no-mount zone was still there? Combined with his comment about borders, it sounds like he found a spot that's inside the jp, but outside the no-mount zone.

• Like 2

A few jump puzzles anti-mount/anti-glide barriers are just invisible walls that apply a no mount/no glide debuff. This debuff area can be jumped over with a springer/rocket jump parachute or flew over with a griffin or skyscale in a lot of JPs. Once your past the dismount anti-fly debuff applying area in a lot of jump puzzles you can freely mount up or glide within them if you weren't hit with the debuff by going over it.

Edited by Phasma Phasmatis.4305
  • Like 2

On 8/24/2021 at 11:59 AM, Kraggy.4169 said:

...you could just include a screenshot 🙄  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Rod.6581 said:

Nope, that would be against forum rules sadly 😕

With covered nicknames? Doubt. And that's because it's most probably not any "hack", OP said he already got the answer when he asked that player about it:

On 8/23/2021 at 3:16 PM, Kraggy.4169 said:

Screenshot would just be the proof of that.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Gentle reminder 🙂 Please do not accuse anyone of hacking through the forums or discuss any exploits.
If you witness a possible hack while playing, please submit an in-game report or a ticket to our Customer Support team, so they can properly investigate the matter. In the case of a potential exploit, please report them using the in-game report function or submit a Customer Support ticket to ensure the development team is aware of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/25/2021 at 6:12 PM, Forum Moderator.8657 said:

Gentle reminder 🙂 Please do not accuse anyone of hacking through the forums or discuss any exploits.
If you witness a possible hack while playing, please submit an in-game report or a ticket to our Customer Support team, so they can properly investigate the matter. In the case of a potential exploit, please report them using the in-game report function or submit a Customer Support ticket to ensure the development team is aware of them.

People say it here because they know arenanet doesnt investigate it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1