The quit thread.

Genesis.5169

17 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Idiocy of warrior design was the last thing that I expected to find in Mesmer.
Yet here it is, plain as day and blunt as a two handed battle hammer...

I obviously speak of the Inspiration line in spvp. It's same as warrior's defense line was in the past - pick or die, no buts, no alternatives, disgustingly limiting build options to two, not three lines of your choice.
To add insult to injury the very same applies to it's grandmaster choice  - Blurred inscriptions or go home.

Illusionary inspiration is gutted beyond all reason and left bleeding in a ditch, and no one sane is gonna trade distortion from signets (along with other fat benefits) for a once-every-90s phantasmal warden (which may or may not work).

I expected this class to have Intelligent trait design, at least on level of necromancer. There each line has it's own ways to help defense, and often both types of offense, making them truly flexible and offering great build depth.

Nope not here. I hate being forced into particular builds it makes me wretch..

Game sense and match up knowledge is a better option than picking Inspiration. You throw away carry potential picking Inspiration.

The best Mesmers don't play Inspiration, you don't need to either.

Signet trait needs a hard nerf so other aspects of Mesmer can be buffed.

Edited by Ronald McDonald.8165
  • Confused 2

Just now, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Game sense and match up knowledge is a better option than picking Inspiration. You throw away carry potential picking Inspiration.

The best Mesmers don't play Inspiration, you don't need to either.

Let's make sure we're both on the same page here. You're talking spvp here? The place that has no runes of tormenting or upgrade components that provide solid sustain alternatives?

4 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Ok..guess some seriouss training ahead but I like it. I did feel I was one traitline away from actually having real, meaningful damage.

It is a big difference adding another damage traitline. I'm playing Powerblock Mirage this season and having a blast with it.

You will be forced to learn the game better by not using Inspiration as a crutch.

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2021 at 3:58 AM, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

I obviously speak of the Inspiration line in spvp. It's same as warrior's defense line was in the past - pick or die, no buts, no alternatives, disgustingly limiting build options to two, not three lines of your choice.
To add insult to injury the very same applies to it's grandmaster choice  - Blurred inscriptions or go home.

THIS!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1325 hours on mesmers (not including deleted ones) and I quit. The only reason I haven't quit the game is because as a Guild owner I have responsibilities to my members. Thankfully, I am an altaholic and have other options. I'm now main'ing a ranger. Everything that was unique about the mesmer has been given to other classes; rev/alacrity, guardian/quickness, necro&thief/port and now thief/clones.  Anything the mesmer did well has been nerfed into the ground. I would like my hours, money and character slots back please and thank you. Why does this class exist when it's so hated that it has been made useless in all forms of the game? Even PVE, it's not wanted. Was the point just to make us hate the game developers?  Mission accomplished. The new elite spec is just as pathetic as the mesmer stands now. I'm totally disgusted. Mesmer will get taken out only when a fellow guildmate requires a port. I'm done. 😞  

Yo, game developers... all 9 classes should be viable in all modes of gameplay at all levels of the game. This is baloney.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, mossmere.9503 said:

1325 hours on mesmers (not including deleted ones) and I quit. The only reason I haven't quit the game is because as a Guild owner I have responsibilities to my members. Thankfully, I am an altaholic and have other options. I'm now main'ing a ranger. Everything that was unique about the mesmer has been given to other classes; rev/alacrity, guardian/quickness, necro&thief/port and now thief/clones.  Anything the mesmer did well has been nerfed into the ground. I would like my hours, money and character slots back please and thank you. Why does this class exist when it's so hated that it has been made useless in all forms of the game? Even PVE, it's not wanted. Was the point just to make us hate the game developers?  Mission accomplished. The new elite spec is just as pathetic as the mesmer stands now. I'm totally disgusted. Mesmer will get taken out only when a fellow guildmate requires a port. I'm done. 😞  

Yo, game developers... all 9 classes should be viable in all modes of gameplay at all levels of the game. This is baloney.  

Gross exaggeration.

1. "Necro portal" shows you didn't do your homework. If anything it's the thief portal you should feel hurt about. But both of them are inferior versions of mesmer's. Necro's is short range and has pathing issues, Thief one is similar to mesmer's but only one way, while ours is two-way.

2. Alacrity and quickness were degenerate boons when hogged by mesmers only. It was kittenous state of game that denied others access to raid support/tank slots. Rev is the best alacrity donor due to simplicity of use, but our alacrity was not taken away from us, and mirage does well as an alternative when it comes to might/alac stacking.

3. Mass invis is still diamonds, as unlike Shadow Refuge it does not require you to stand in one tiny circle until it expires while situation requires team to haul @ss.

Mesmer may have lost it's "Mesmer tier" as support that reigned unfairly over everything else. But it's still solid af in the role.

• Like 2
  • Confused 9

3 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Gross exaggeration.

1. "Necro portal" shows you didn't do your homework. If anything it's the thief portal you should feel hurt about. But both of them are inferior versions of mesmer's. Necro's is short range and has pathing issues, Thief one is similar to mesmer's but only one way, while ours is two-way.

2. Alacrity and quickness were degenerate boons when hogged by mesmers only. It was kittenous state of game that denied others access to raid support/tank slots. Rev is the best alacrity donor due to simplicity of use, but our alacrity was not taken away from us, and mirage does well as an alternative when it comes to might/alac stacking.

3. Mass invis is still diamonds, as unlike Shadow Refuge it does not require you to stand in one tiny circle until it expires while situation requires team to haul @ss.

Mesmer may have lost it's "Mesmer tier" as support that reigned unfairly over everything else. But it's still solid af in the role.

1.  Perhaps you didn't bother to read my post in it's entirety? I clearly stated I'm an altaholic. Of course I've played necro. I've played all the classes. I happen to like the necro. I did not say that thief or necro had superior portals (that's just stupid) because they do not. I pointed out that they were given portals taking away yet another unique aspect of the mesmer. 

2. I did not state it was taken away. I stated that it was given to other characters. You go ahead and take Mirage into high level fractals and try to compete with the rev. Have fun.

3. This was you bringing it up, not me. Not in my post whatsoever.

And finally, you keep banging your head against that brick wall. Mesmer is not solid. It's on the bottom of the heap in the garbage pile. And why argue against another player's opinion? It's my opinion based on my experience and all your arguments will not make me dust her off.  This is the quit thread not the try to convince former memser's they are wrong. Ugh.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I wasn't thinking about quitting until seeing Vindicator gameplay. Kal basically said "We saw that having one dodge is terrible with Mirage so we made sure to balance it for Vindicator." but not for Mirage? I am really starting lose my hope here because it seems they purposelly refuse to make Mesmer average because average people is too dumb to differ clone from real mesmer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

1 minute ago, Lethion.8745 said:

I wasn't thinking about quitting until seeing Vindicator gameplay. Kal basically said "We saw that having one dodge is terrible with Mirage so we made sure to balance it for Vindicator." but not for Mirage? I am really starting lose my hope here because it seems they purposelly refuse to make Mesmer average because average people is too dumb to differ clone from real mesmer. 

Its funny you say that because when they showcased Virtuoso he had laughed that Mirage got the 1 dodge nerf. Here and behold another one dodge class but much more effective compared to Mirage.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

While I agree that monopolies aren't good for the game, alacrity WAS taken away from chronomancer with the phantasm changes. A large part of the alacrity was coming from persistent applications from the shield phantasms, but when they switched to giving protection instead, and All's Well That Ends Well also lost alacrity - chrono can alacrity ITSELF, but the only alacrity it could give to allies is through Well of Recall, and that just isn't enough unless you double up.

Staff mirage kinda gives it back to mesmer in general, but the role compression of having both quickness and alacrity on one character is gone. Chrono also suffers from the curse of being first as a quickness supplier, requiring a more complex rotation and more conditionals (such as allies staying in Well of Action for the final tick) to achieve the same result.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Yeah the issue with quickness Chrono isn't that other professions can also do quickness--that's a good thing--but that other professions do it more reliably, more consistently, and more easily. You can achieve the same thing quickness Chrono does much more easily on other professions with no real trade-off, which feels pretty bad.

It's not that quickness Chrono is bad at its role when played well--it isn't, not at all--it's just much harder to play than the other quickness options without anything to gain for it. That "when played well" bar is a lot higher for Chrono than it is for its competitors.

Edited by Agent Noun.7350
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Agent Noun.7350 said:

Yeah the issue with quickness Chrono isn't that other professions can also do quickness--that's a good thing--but that other professions do it more reliably, more consistently, and more easily. You can achieve the same thing quickness Chrono does much more easily on other professions with no real trade-off, which feels pretty bad.

It's not that quickness Chrono is bad at its role when played well--it isn't, not at all--it's just much harder to play than the other quickness options without anything to gain for it. That "when played well" bar is a lot higher for Chrono than it is for its competitors.

nah, chrono just has to deal with loads of kitten.
1 less survivable 
2 more prone to combos screwing up
3 cleave relies on shatter/phantasm ( 1 stun or a wrong mob dies and its gone )
4 healing skill used as part of dps ( imagine getting chunked for 75% during a fractal split on virastra, what now? you used your signet for dps now you are ded lul )
There is dozens of small things that add up to chrono just being a more risky chore for no reason.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't really have a main back in GW1, I played everything but had a particular fondness for mid-line classes in Heroes Ascent pvp (Ritualist, Necromancer, Mesmer, ect). In GW2, I have over 12,000 hours played on Mesmer with another 2000 spread throughout the other 8 classes.  I still play Core Mesmer more than anything else when I do play, I just don't play very often anymore.  I will never achieve the level of Mastery I have over Mesmer on another class, so quitting Mesmer for a new main is out of the question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Ugh. So I'm back on my mesmer. I'm just miserable when I don't play her and kinda miserable when I do. However, I've decided to change my thought process on this. Instead of it being me who is gimping my party, it's Arenanerf gimping my party. So please if your in party with me at some point and think to yourself, jeez mesmer sucks and is holding us back, COMPLAIN TO ARENANERF!!!! Maybe if players other then mesmers complain something will change. Off to be gimpy......

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mossmere.9503 said:

Ugh. So I'm back on my mesmer. I'm just miserable when I don't play her and kinda miserable when I do. However, I've decided to change my thought process on this. Instead of it being me who is gimping my party, it's Arenanerf gimping my party. So please if your in party with me at some point and think to yourself, jeez mesmer sucks and is holding us back, COMPLAIN TO ARENANERF!!!! Maybe if players other then mesmers complain something will change. Off to be gimpy......

Complaining about mesmer being bad is bannable offence. Delete your comment, you have 24 hours.

Edited by Leonidrex.5649
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mesmer is still my main but the way I play it is not mainstream so they won't nerf it. Even in pvp I just run full deception utilities and I do fine but I normally play ranger in pvp since I can pull of a 4 dodge build.

I feel like they could bring back the dodge since the damage is pretty low on them at the moment. 

40 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Mesmer is still my main but the way I play it is not mainstream so they won't nerf it. Even in pvp I just run full deception utilities and I do fine but I normally play ranger in pvp since I can pull of a 4 dodge build.

I feel like they could bring back the dodge since the damage is pretty low on them at the moment. 

The one dodge on vindicator is indication that they will never give mirage the dodge back.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I wanted to play chrono to be *the* time wizard just to find out that it seems that I am the worse at buffing both alac and quickness clunky annoying just to find mirages spamming alacrity out of no where...like everyone but chrono is better and not clunky as hell at buffing and can do a gazillion other thing at the same time what is the logic????...mirage gets alacrity??? But why????? Where is the logic???? Its always hb and alacrens being asked for. Everytime I took a break and came back im like wow...my chrono is suckier why did I like it again? I still keep playing it though cause I love light classes 🤮).

Edited by aetemes.2603
Dunno
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I didnt quit but I play a lot less than I used too. The main reason for that is lack of balance in WvW and how utterly helpless Mesmer is against certain roaming builds. Especially Thief builds. I don't think there is any other matchup where an entire profession is completely helpless against others to this degree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1