Possibly the new Rev Silhouette

Raknar.4735

The new Celebrating Nine Years of Guild Wars 2  Blogpost has an interesting silhouette, that could be the new Rev elite spec.

Here's the silhouette i'm referring to: https://imgur.com/UyJEvVL

Many spikes (Bounty-Hunter gloves?), something that looks like the current blindfolds ingame and a spiked greatsword.

Edited by Raknar.4735
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

I hope it's a power melee GS.  

Tbh i hope it has sth like trident. (Trident currently has condition depending on legend)

Just not with strictly conditions. Shiro also could get damage bonuses on gs skills or ventari could heal allies on enemy hit with ur gs. 

As i said there are multiple variants and they neednt be conditions or the ones i mentioned. But since Trident got sth depending on legend, i would think gs would be awesome if it would also do sth depending on legend. 

Means: it can be a power weapon, condi weapon, tanking weapon or a weapon Swap (thats not double staff) for heal revenant. 

Would be cool imo. 

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Tbh i hope it has sth like trident. (Trident currently has condition depending on legend)

Just not with strictly conditions. Shiro also could get damage bonuses on gs skills or ventari could heal allies on enemy hit with ur gs. 

As i said there are multiple variants and they neednt be conditions or the ones i mentioned. But since Trident got sth depending on legend, i would think gs would be awesome if it would also to sth depending on legend. 

Means: it can be a power weapon, condi weapon, tanking weapon or a weapon Swap (thats not double staff) for heal revenant. 

Would be cool imo. 

Not gonna lie, this would be awesome, great idea!

27 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

All elite specs are supposed to be connected with Canthan lore, this makes Balthazar as the legend a bit unlikely, imo.

I think that is unlikely, but I want to ask: I see the connection between WB and Cantha, since they are a kind of bodyguards/assault trrops from  the emperor, but what are the connections of Harbinger and Virtuoso with Cantha?

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

All elite specs are supposed to be connected with Canthan lore, this makes Balthazar as the legend a bit unlikely, imo.

Legends don't have to be Cantha connected, as they haven't really been very "expansion connected" until now (Glint, Kalla).

It is more about the theme of the legend fitting the expansion.

Glint => Protection => rescuing the Pact, preventing Mordremoth from killing your people

Kalla => Rebellion => Fight against Joko & Balthasar => Rebellion

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

I think that is unlikely, but I want to ask: I see the connection between WB and Cantha, since they are a kind of bodyguards/assault trrops from  the emperor, but what are the connections of Harbinger and Virtuoso with Cantha?

From official lore :

Cantha is an ancient nation filled with culture, and what you get with that kind of age is tradition and heritage, and their combat and warfare is really no different, and the mesmer is kind of the embodiment of those themes. At the monasteries of Shing Jea they've learnt to channel all of their telekinetic powers into their main hand dagger (their new weapon), and instead of producing clones, they now use all of that energy to create blades to aid them in battle

In Cantha people have discovered, that you can extract ancient magic from the jade (as a result of the jade wind), and the Harbingers who are also very adept alchemists have realised that they can take that energy and imbue it into their elixirs as well as their bullets (for their main hand pistol) and the result is incredibly deadly and noxious

— Indigo Boock

Edited by Parthenos Polias.5683
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Can't tell about the virtuoso, I guess they will make up some stuff (maybe we get some NPCs telling us about the classes lore again?), but harbinger makes some sense.

In Cantha of GW1, there has been an organisation called the Am Fah. This group was experimenting with the plague created by Shiro's magical outbreak to strengthen their own soldiers.

Many members of the Am Fah have been necromancers and they have been skilled alchemists, I think harbingers are their successors, necromancers which are still experimenting with dangerous concoctions to strengthen their power.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Heinel.6548 said:

Taimi's not dead yet. Geez, be patient man.

On the other hand, it looks like the chance of rev getting a reaper like spec has increased a bit. Awesome.

Zinn might work, considering everything he got up to before the druids finally offed him. The Inquest are obsessed with that guy for a reason.

Removal of Retaliation might make him a bit harder to do, though.

• Like 1