Possibly the new Rev Silhouette

Raknar.4735

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Until officially confirmed otherwise, I hope that's not Revenant.

And if Arenanet confirms it to be Revenant, I just hope it's not a melee power weapon.

There already are enough Greatswords for that.

And me and the others who are playing this class wants GS and we truly need a power spec to compete on META builds. We already have alac spec,condi spec and we miss power spec. We need a power one now

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, SidewayS.3789 said:

And me and the others who are playing this class wants GS and we truly need a power spec to compete on META builds. We already have alac spec,condi spec and we miss power spec. We need a power one now

And you can have a power-based specialization without a melee greatsword.

They could give us a Longbow for proper long range power dps or dual Daggers for mid range power dps.

If the greatsword was ranged, that'd be ok, too. But I'd prefer one of the other two options.

Since Arenanet turned Revenant's Hammer into a joke for no actual reason, ranged options would be much more valuable than yet another melee power weapon, when Revenant already has dual Swords (and Staff, but that's more defensive).

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

6 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

They could give us a Longbow for proper long range power dps or dual Daggers for mid range power dps.

If the greatsword was ranged, that'd be ok, too. But I'd prefer one of the other two options.

Since Arenanet turned Revenant's Hammer into a joke for no actual reason, ranged options would be much more valuable than yet another melee power weapon, when Revenant already has dual Swords (and Staff, but that's more defensive).

I take you don't play fractal/raids otherwise you won't said this. We want a melee power spec now more than ever. And GS can deliver that.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If you want good power ranged option spam Anet with tickets daily until they finally rework and buff hammer instead of asking for another weapon that will end up sharing the fate of hammer anyway

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

In what sense would be more valuable? If you want range for wvw you have hammer, for everything else you have shortbow. 

Mele is the way. Condition revenant is absurdly strong, there is no need for another condition weapon. Meanwhile power revenant is simply good but has very low cleave and most of the time is just spamming 1# sword.

But to be honest, as long as is a power cleave greatsword I don't really care about it being a mele or ranged weapon.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Catchyfx.5768 said:

Hybrid. This is the way. Trident treatment would be nice

Trident treatment would be great.  Even if it doesn't work exactly like trident having the weapon change depending on the channeled legend would be brilliant (and would allow it to be used on multiple specs pretty interchangeably)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

While I am excited for GS, I don't care much about the weapon as much as the legend itself. Rev is in a good spot weapons wise. Yes, hammer is a bit iffy, but having one mediocre weapon is a great place to be compared to other classes. 

But the legend better deliver. The class is due for some exciting espec that brings more than a couple of F keys. And the legend skill themselves have been too samey for the previous especs. Compare the variety of the base legend skills to Kalla, who has 5 ground-targeted AoEs. 

I can understand it with other classes because they need to share a common type, like Wells or Elixirs, but revenant doesn't have skills types, they are just "Legendary X" skills, so, they are free to make them as distinct as they want. And especially because rev has to use them all, whereas chrono, for example, doesn't have to take 5 wells.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Looking at all the greatsword skins, the oni blade is the only one that shares the teeth like spikes. My guess is that revenants will be outcasts and the legend will be kanaxai.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Oni

If the legend is Kanaxai, it'll be really obvious they've done greatsword for greatsword's sake, since Kanaxai used dual axes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

17 minutes ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

I wonder if we're even going to get a "Canthan" Legend. I mean, we got Kalla for PoF and Glint for HoT and they both really have nothing to do with the regions. 

HoT specs weren't tied to the jungle. Only druid and maybe scrapper with the tiny bit of lore of them using the scrap from the pact airships. All the rest were just their own concepts. At least Glint was related to the story of egg Aurene and Rytlock, so in that sense it was only spec that was explained in-game until Dragonhunter Braham.

PoF was when they first started doing the region themes, and even then some were better than others. Holosmith is the worst by far, it's obvious asura technology that we are expected to believe that it was actually developed by Elonians, even though we never see that technology anywhere.

But EoD is the first time we got actual word from the devs that the especs are canthan themed. Sure, rev might be the exception like in PoF, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

I wonder if we're even going to get a "Canthan" Legend. I mean, we got Kalla for PoF and Glint for HoT and they both really have nothing to do with the regions. 

While Renegade and Herald are not directly related, I think they fit thematically. All Elite Specs followed a common theme for each expansions. For the Hearts of Thorns, all Elite Specs represented surviving in the Maguuma jungla. Meanwhile, the overall theme of the Elite Specs during Path of Fire was all about rebellion against Joko's tyranny. Even the Renegade Legends, while not directly tied to the region, was tied by the overall theme of rebellion and uprising. The Elite Specs are clearly following Wuxia (martial arts chivalry) / Xianxia  (Immortal hero/Spirit Cultivation) elements so far, so I expect that whoever is the new Legend to be one that exalt martial prowess to a supernatural degree and, taking into account the Kabuto mask, one that strikes terror into people's hearts. 

Edited by Legion.4198

3 hours ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

Holosmith is the worst by far, it's obvious asura technology that we are expected to believe that it was actually developed by Elonians, even though we never see that technology anywhere.

It looks like Asuran technology, but it is not. If you take a look at the Holosmith traits, it is all about mastering Zephyrites crystals from the Crystal Desert and the power of the Sun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Looking at all the greatsword skins, the oni blade is the only one that shares the teeth like spikes. My guess is that revenants will be outcasts and the legend will be kanaxai.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Oni

The head shape is also quite similar to the Rev icon down to the eye placement so its possible.

Personally I would prefer Talon and a "warrior" legend spec rather than another assassin but hey let's see. 

I also think we're already de facto outcasts bringing good old Shiro back there.

2 hours ago, Legion.4198 said:

It looks like Asuran technology, but it is not. If you take a look at the Holosmith traits, it is all about mastering Zephyrites crystals from the Crystal Desert and the power of the Sun. 

That's kinda the point, though. We're told that it's based around making lightsabers using Zephyrite crystals, but apart from the traits and the one token NPC that explains the lore behind it, it really doesn't show anywhere else. They could have, say, had a few holoforge-like devices around the settlements of the Amnoon Oasis and/or the Path of Ascension camps just south of the former Zephyrite settlement, but they don't.

Instead, apart from, again, that one token NPC, everything holosmith-like that we see is linked to the asura. Heck, there are times when we see holosmith-like effects coming from asura golems. Taimi uses a force field that looks like a Photon Wall in the final instance of Long Live the Lich, for instance.

They've given it a fig leaf of fluff, but when you add the rumour of heat being a mechanic for the Heart of Thorns engineer elite spec, it smells a lot like it was originally asura-themed and was rebranded when they decided they couldn't make it work in time for Heart of Thorns (note that I don't think this was a last-minute decision - it was probably made before HoT was formally announced).

2 hours ago, Legion.4198 said:

While Renegade and Herald are not directly related, I think they fit thematically. All Elite Specs followed a common theme for each expansions. For the Hearts of Thorns, all Elite Specs represented surviving in the Maguuma jungla. Meanwhile, the overall theme of the Elite Specs during Path of Fire was all about rebellion against Joko's tyranny. Even the Renegade Legends, while not directly tied to the region, was tied by the overall theme of rebellion and uprising. The Elite Specs are clearly following Wuxia (martial arts chivalry) / Xianxia  (Immortal hero/Spirit Cultivation) elements so far, so I expect that whoever is the new Legend to be one that exalt martial prowess to a supernatural degree and, taking into account the Kabuto mask, one that strikes terror into people's hearts. 

That is an interesting observation. I'm not convinced that the Kabuto mask is necessarily the revenant, but it might well narrow down possibilities if we think along those lines.

• Like 2