300% Magic Find?

Hello everyone,

I just got 300% magic find.  The majority of that was through essence, with some being through account rewards from AP.  I was surprised to see that although they add up to 300%, I can still consume essence and have it progress the luck bar.  I find this very confusing.  I was expecting the progression bar to be greyed out or  locked or something once I got a combined 300% luck.  That was not the case.

My questions:

- Does the bar continue to progress until essence adds to 300% by itself?  Or does the bar just keep progressing regardless?

- I assume that my account has reached the 300% cap (even though "progression" still happens) since my essenee + rewards = 300%?

- There is essentially nothing else to do with the luck except save it for the lunar essence mini pet lantern?

Wiki says: "..the magic find listed includes all account-wide magic find bonuses, including any earned via achievement rewards. Hovering your cursor over the amount of magic find will show the breakdown between the two sources. The amount of magic find from luck is capped at 300%."
"After reaching 300% magic find bonus, the bar will turn green. Luck will continue to accumulate up to 472,510. It is important to note that Essence of Luck can still be consumed after this point, essentially wasting the item."

So check the breakdown to see if you are capped in it and if so do not consume any more essences.

Edited by Jukhy.2431
added info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, supermanboy.4592 said:

There is essentially nothing else to do with the luck except save it for the lunar essence mini pet lantern?

There are guild upgrades and some other things you can save em for, see the list here. Artificers can upgrade the lower rarity essences to exotic quality to save space.

I'd say buying Tyrian Exchange Voucher with em during Lunar New Year is one of the most useful things, Leggy Shards and Mystic Clovers if you need those. Sadly they are capped purchases, seen here in the vendor list.

There's also the Lucky Red Bags for gambling if you have no other needs.

Edited by Jukhy.2431

19 hours ago, supermanboy.4592 said:

Hello everyone,

I just got 300% magic find.  The majority of that was through essence, with some being through account rewards from AP.  I was surprised to see that although they add up to 300%, I can still consume essence and have it progress the luck bar.  I find this very confusing.  I was expecting the progression bar to be greyed out or  locked or something once I got a combined 300% luck.  That was not the case.

My questions:

- Does the bar continue to progress until essence adds to 300% by itself?  Or does the bar just keep progressing regardless?

- I assume that my account has reached the 300% cap (even though "progression" still happens) since my essenee + rewards = 300%?

- There is essentially nothing else to do with the luck except save it for the lunar essence mini pet lantern?

assuming you are counting the MF bonus from Achievement points your actual cap is probably a little over 300%. If you are in fact at the cap the bar will change from yellow to green (luck bar) and you will no longer gain anything from consuming luck. At this point I suggest compressing all your luck take up less space with Artificer (no training needed) then save for GH, lunar New Year, etc. Otherwise, just trash it when that's too much trouble.

1 minute ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

assuming you are counting the MF bonus from Achievement points your actual cap is probably a little over 300%. If you are in fact at the cap the bar will change from yellow to green (luck bar) and you will no longer gain anything from consuming luck. At this point I suggest compressing all your luck take up less space with Artificer (no training needed) then save for GH, lunar New Year, etc. Otherwise, just trash it when that's too much trouble.

My bar is green and I have been storing my luck and storing my unidentified bags. 

• Confused 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have confirmation.

I had 300% magic find.  This was acquired using essence and account-wide bonuses.  I got another 1% using essence.  On a new character, my magic find was 301% without any boosts. 

This means that the 300% cap is for essence only, and does not include account-wide bonuses.  The previous poster who mentioned at 300% your magic find bar goes green, must be the final cap.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, supermanboy.4592 said:

I have confirmation.

I had 300% magic find.  This was acquired using essence and account-wide bonuses.  I got another 1% using essence.  On a new character, my magic find was 301% without any boosts. 

This means that the 300% cap is for essence only, and does not include account-wide bonuses.  The previous poster who mentioned at 300% your magic find bar goes green, must be the final cap.

This is correct