No more chore-I mean "hearts" please!

Just now, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

The Silverwastes has entered the chat..

It's a small, concentrated map that follows a rigorously railroaded series of events, and then repeats itself. The map was built for its purpose; it doesn't apply to any others.

28 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

It's a small, concentrated map that follows a rigorously railroaded series of events, and then repeats itself. The map was built for its purpose; it doesn't apply to any others.

The Heart of Thorn maps don't have hearts, Dry Top doesn't and Bloodstone Fen doesn't either. So 7 maps in total.

• Like 1

I hate repeatable hearts, especially when you have to buy a recipe or an item and it's one of those repeatables that take forever. This LS4EP1 included doing 3 hearts. Man that was even worse than having to do the gathering ones... like why anet, why. It's so tedious and repetitive, why do you like torturing us like that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Acelidon.1358 said:

Hearts haven't been a thing since 2019, it's pretty clear they're moving away from it. Why even bring this up?

Because the return meta achievements require them and I just want to reinforce any decision they've made to move away from them.

rather than have them testing the waters for more hearts to jam them back in EoD

any attempt to push them back into the maps deserves pushback.

Edited by Devildoc.6721
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Devildoc.6721 said:

Because the return meta achievements require them and I just want to reinforce any decision they've made to move away from them.

Well thanks to this post, we now have a post with people asking for hearts in EoD. Don't try to fix things if they aren't broken. Especially something they already fixed two years ago. 

As much as i like the Hearts system. I really Dislike repeatable hearts.. Why am i forced to repeat them every single day

I usually am low on Karma but i still want all the Minipets for example. However i would have to repeat those Hearts in Ember bay or Path of Fire etc just to buy from those Heart vendors. And that's what i really dislike about Repeatable hearts.

So yeah i kinda hope that in Cantha the hearts won't be repeatable ones. and just standard hearts.

Edited by LunaDeviner.6514
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Not to mention Silverwastes, Southsun Cove, Grothmar Wardowns, Bjorra Marches and Drizzlewood Coast, 

I did include Silverwastes in those 7 because it was mentioned in the discussion I responded to, but you are quite right...there are more maps I forgot to mention and also below

14 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

Add in the IBS maps and Dragonfall as well.

So I think overall it brings the total to 12 maps without hearts.

Edit: and the Orr maps as well, so 15 maps total.

Edited by Gehenna.3625

I always hated hearts...and I think I always will xD
I don't mind if they're just one time complete, but those repeatable hearts are killing me...
And having 20+ hearts in Core Tyria for map exploration, oooooooof...
I prefer maps without hearts; that's also why Orr is among my favorite maps, including new IBS maps and HoT as well. 

Edited by Blur.3465
  • Like 1

I'm new to this game so perhaps I'm wrong, but the difference between WoW dailies from my understanding is they were tied to reputation and end game currencies as well as access to open world mobility and availability which felt coerced.
If the reward is a common currency or material that is not exclusive to those dailies, a cosmetic, or an achievement that stops at the dailies then I don't see it as a big deal. You could just not do them and there will be no repercussions. 

On 8/25/2021 at 8:42 AM, Devildoc.6721 said:

and I thought the HoT maps were great aside from one problem, when you have to get into Tarir for story quests but the event is going and the map is basically dead because it's several years old now. 

I'm surprised you bring up Tarir. It repeats so often, and I usually experience a huge number of people there because of it. The only times I've found it dead is when I enter the zone while Octovine event is happening, and end up in a backwater overflow instance because everyone has filled up the other instances to do it.

Verdant Brink on the other hand, I find very annoying. Sometimes there are plenty of people doing the meta, other times very few.

Tangled Depths always seems to have a fair amount of people running around. I haven't really had a reason to go back to Dragon's Stand since I did the story.

1 hour ago, Sabotage Mutineer.2953 said:

I'm new to this game so perhaps I'm wrong, but the difference between WoW dailies from my understanding is they were tied to reputation and end game currencies as well as access to open world mobility and availability which felt coerced.
If the reward is a common currency or material that is not exclusive to those dailies, a cosmetic, or an achievement that stops at the dailies then I don't see it as a big deal. You could just not do them and there will be no repercussions. 

You get rewards that could be  considered endgame currency but you don't need to do the dailies for them. You can also gain them by playing the content and much more of them. What I mean is that the living story maps give you the map currency and you can buy ascended trinkets with them, which are BiS. But they are just a small addition to gathering in the map. The regular dailies are also things that you can get in other ways, so they are just additions again to what you can already get. The main drive for doing the regular dailies (which can be PvP, WvW or PvE and you can mix them) is that it nets you an easy 2 gold.

So not like WoW at all as you describe.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sabotage Mutineer.2953 said:

Except not getting map completion rewards, not completing meta achievements, and there are items for sale in the karma shops that are inaccessible.

the last part is the worst because it makes you do the hearts on a daily basis when you need to buy something from them.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I'm surprised you bring up Tarir. It repeats so often, and I usually experience a huge number of people there because of it. The only times I've found it dead is when I enter the zone while Octovine event is happening, and end up in a backwater overflow instance because everyone has filled up the other instances to do it.

Verdant Brink on the other hand, I find very annoying. Sometimes there are plenty of people doing the meta, other times very few.

Tangled Depths always seems to have a fair amount of people running around. I haven't really had a reason to go back to Dragon's Stand since I did the story.

It might be that, I just tend to have horrible timing and landing in dead overflows I guess.

• Confused 1