Any offical update on the Minion Unsummon on mounting?

Pyrolysis.6317

Minion Necro is all near unplayable as I use all pets... 

Its not even the unsummon thats really annoying its the CD timer on them. 

I know they said temp, but can we get an offical word on how long? Reasons? 

Cheers

Edited by Pyrolysis.6317
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 4:55 PM, Pyrolysis.6317 said:

Minion Necro is all near unplayable as I use all pets... 

Its not even the unsummon thats really annoying its the CD timer on them. 

I know they said temp, but can we get an offical word on how long? Reasons? 

Cheers

No they are too busy on twittler talking about skiffs to respond to actually class breaking bugs. Not a peep on the official forums, but they had time to merge small threads on it lol.

• Confused 1

I just checked after updating, and no luck, minions are still unsummoning and going on full cooldown after mounting and dismounting.

It didn't mention anything about this in the game update notes, but i still wanted to check just to be sure, and sure enough, this is still broken in game.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Otto.6495 said:

I just checked after updating, and no luck, minions are still unsummoning and going on full cooldown after mounting and dismounting.

It didn't mention anything about this in the game update notes, but i still wanted to check just to be sure, and sure enough, this is still broken in game.

See just a word from them like we are working on a fix, would be fine. They need to say something 

I'm certainly not buying my monthly gems this month because of this problem and I won't be spending anything in the future until we are told what is going on with it.

I don't care if there was some exploit to summon extra pets. Doing this punishes legit players and ruins the gameplay of it's core fantasy. Just let the exploiters exploit it for a while until you figure out a fix. I mean, what are they going to do? Kill champions a bit faster? Oooooh nooooo, end of the world.

1 hour ago, Darkrayne.5614 said:

I don't care if there was some exploit to summon extra pets.

Is this what the exploit was that caused them to turn this off? or does anyone know what the issue was? even tiny scraps of info like why we're having to deal with this might help calm frustrations, if only a little bit.

Not knowing why this was hotfix-nerfed on the fly, not knowing when it will be fixed, or even if it is going to be fixed (was this just an intentional nerf? who knows!! all we know is that it's happening!), is all very very frustrating. 

I'm playing with other specs and with other classes, I'm getting by fine, but the minion master specs were some of my favorite in this game. Whether they are considered to be 'meme' specs by the general GW2 population doesn't matter, it was just fun for me. This change pretty thoroughly breaks those builds. Even before the update that fixed mounts unsummoning pets, it was better in that state than it was now, as the unsummoning was intermittent, and most people were able to work with it. This is not intermittent, this is just straight up killing the pets every time a mount is summoned, and putting them on full cooldown.

Probably an unintended bug in relation to the recent update (Hopefully!!!)

Profession Skills

General

To improve the stability of the game, performing any of the following actions will "reset" your status, removing ongoing skill effects such as damaging area effects, traps, preparations, missiles, and many boons and profession-specific enhancements.

This process will clean up many possible broken states in which a skill effect could be present when it should not have been. Some of these states caused duplication of performance-intensive skills such as traps, which degraded server performance for everyone.

The actions that trigger this skill cleanup include the following:

• Swapping your Build Template
  • Swapping your Equipment Template
  • Changing specialization
  • Changing traits
  • Changing items equipped in a weapon slot via the Hero panel
  • Respawning after being defeated

13 hours ago, Otto.6495 said:

Is this what the exploit was that caused them to turn this off?

They haven't stated that was the reason for the change but from what I understand (I never tried it, didn't even know about it before digging into it after the change) you could change your build when mounted and then summon extra minions or change your utility skills to other skills but still keep your minions out, something like that. So, this change stopped that and it's fairly certain that's why they did it.

Edited by Darkrayne.5614
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Darkrayne.5614 said:

you could change your build when mounted and then summon extra minions or change your utility skills to other skills but still keep your minions out, something like that.

I don't know if there was a way to summon EXTRA minions, but you could swap specs on traits that impact minions, while mounted (like going from a death magic build that had +minion health and + minion damage, over to a different build that didn't include those but still included base minions), and have the changes automatically update on your minions after dismounting, without having to resummon them. That would kinda make sense, i used to do this, not really thinking of it as an exploit, didn't really realize i was doing anything wrong, as it was all out of combat anyways. 

It's possible that when i was doing this, the minions were retaining the best of both, and i just didn't notice. It's harder to parse out things like minion damage or health pool totals. If this WAS the case, that i was inadvertently giving myself buffed HP/DPS minions when i was NOT using a death magic build, i could understand the short term bandaid of deactivating minion persistence while mounting. I just hope if that's the case that they fix it quickly. 

I'm 1000% fine with minions being unsummoned when i change specs. It was mildly convenient to get around that with mounts, but if there's any chance that this was having unintended side effects to minion strength, i understand. 

I just hope they can put their finger on it and fix it soon, so that you can retain minions while mounting and dismounting, as long as you remain the same build.