Is a refund for gem purchases possible if the gems were lost upon account rollback?

Hello everyone,

The title might be a little confusing so allow me to explain my situation.

I recently came back to this game after a several year hiatus to find that my account was compromised. I contacted support to gain access to my account, and then contacted them again to request an account rollback (ascended gear, laurels and gold were missing). This request was initially denied as support claimed "there was no evidence that your game account was compromised" so I started playing again after that to build up what I lost. About 4 days after that, another person from the support team contacted me, said that there was in fact evidence my game account was compromised (go figure lol) and rolled my account back to around before I left.

This had a few consequences, though. Namely, during that time I spent $20 on gems (I kind of assumed they'd just close my ticket so I thought it'd be safe to do so) and I can't claim that nice cape on the market that's currently free. Does anyone know if it's possible for support to help me on this? I get that they're very busy with the EoD preorders and stuff but this has been a rather frustrating back and forth for me that's resulted in a lot of time and some money lost.

And just to be clear, I replied to the support ticket asking about this. I just wanted to see what people here would say so I can manage my expectations and know whether or not an undesirable response from support is just bad support rng or something that actually makes sense.

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea they should be able to help you, since you did that because the first person said nothing could be done.

You do have proof of gem purchase right? 

I am unsure if rollback delete their option to see what was purchased before rollback.

Well if nothing else I could show the transaction on my banking statement.

It's not as important, but do you think I could receive the cape too? It's kinda nice lol. I actually have proof that I had it because I took a screenshot of my wardrobe with it equipped.

34 minutes ago, Nihulis.5408 said:

Well if nothing else I could show the transaction on my banking statement.

It's not as important, but do you think I could receive the cape too? It's kinda nice lol. I actually have proof that I had it because I took a screenshot of my wardrobe with it equipped.

ofcourse they can fix that mate, shouldnet be to hard since it is a free item.