Will fishing have an impact on WvW?

Boh.4568

I want Anet to differentiate the availability of different fish with different rarity between different maps in the game.

I want Anet to add WvW-only fish types with peculiar effects.

I want massive blob fights to ensure the best fishing spots.

This can save WvW, not Alliances. Fishing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Love it, though I expect it would just make a lot more pve players salty/toxic. I don't think rangers have forgiven wvw for having exclusive pets that can only be found in wvw.

What they should have done back when they introduced Ascended, was to split the 3 ascended materials by game modes. So you'd have to play wvw and pvp and pve to get all 3 types.

WvW isn't open world, it's a large match. There's no down time to fish, or any time doing that is taken away from the match. Best we'll probably get is a fish tank node to harvest. I'd love to have most of desert map turned into large bodies of water along with islands and rivers to travel on for skiffs to fight on that people could do their fishing on until their stop. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

SMC will get an aquarium @ T3 and you need to bring fish to it. Successfully building it  replaces the Lord with the Legendary Grub and floods Desert BL.

that actually would be sorta fun. so red side could make their homeborder flooded up high enough to fill all lower levels with water. and we could swim around with the skiffs and be far faster navigating through the kitten terrained border 😛

22 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

SMC will get an aquarium @ T3 and you need to bring fish to it. Successfully building it  replaces the Lord with the Legendary Grub and floods Desert BL.

That…,  would be Epic…

Mag would be soooo conflicted….,

I would just want to be able to put fish in it for Mag, because they would flame anyone trying to activate it like that…

Edit:  read that wrong..,  though you said it would flood EBG.  😬🤦‍♂️

Edited by Strider Pj.2193
I was a dumb mass.

On 8/27/2021 at 1:56 PM, Boh.4568 said:

I want Anet to differentiate the availability of different fish with different rarity between different maps in the game.

I want Anet to add WvW-only fish types with peculiar effects.

I want massive blob fights to ensure the best fishing spots.

This can save WvW, not Alliances. Fishing.

WvW fishing -available to you at any* time!

Edited by Sobx.1758
*at night, while most of your enemies are hopefully asleep. Don't sleep and privatize the supply lines, easy!
  • Confused 2

I'm sure fishing will be linked with cooking and maybe the next level of ascended foods, maybe make wvw version foods to make with wvw fish so the pve'ers won't need to be bothered to fish there.

Should there be fishing in WvW? it might actually be interesting, a node to fight over much like other open zone pvp games have done. In fact wvw should be littered with random open objectives to fight over since the orbs were taken and never to return, fishing nodes, or random abandoned supply wagons that drop some goodies like wvw currency or supply when you claim them, maybe drop a key to go hunt some random treasure chest. Dunno just more node stuff than the dead ruins that practically no one cares about.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

That…,  would be Epic…

Mag would be soooo conflicted….,

I would just want to be able to put fish in it for Mag, because they would flame anyone trying to activate it like that…

Edit:  read that wrong..,  though you said it would flood EBG.  😬🤦‍♂️

I mean, I guess it'd make more sense to flood EBG.

Should also put an aquarium in Bay too.

Yea I know most of us would be forced to buy water weapons. But imagine the joy that people that built the underwater legendaries would feel. All 3 of them.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 1

I expect collections of fish to catch and a few very few WvW to be part of that (Bay "moat", Redwater camp, JP ice lake on Alpine BL; Air Keep moat and Tilly's Encampment, the waterfall area at the JP on Desert BL; and one water area on each of the corners on EB, like Durios on the blue side).

They will very likely be as "game changing" as the heroe's challenges and once everybody got the "fish they need" for the collection will be not frequented at all.

20 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Give firebrand a new tome that buffs fishing, so you have to get a firebrand in your group even if you want to just fish in wvw.

that's the worst try on sarcasm i read lately 😛 if anything, we need more firebrands in Wvw, not less. this gamemode became a CC hell (thx potatonet about that btw).

remember when stuff just died in bombs? yeah, long time ago.