Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Fix-R-Upper


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I have to account bind a 100g/30MC Mystic forge recipe skin to complete it?

Are you serious?

 

I figured this out after grinding up all 9 of these. One day when there is nothing to do and gold is plentiful I’ll finish these. 

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the responses, but i don't need a lesson on how to get Mystic Coins.

I have the Mystic coins for this.

I have the gold for this, and i already put a buy order on the Trading post.

The point is that there really shouldn't be class unlocks that require you to use a highly manipulated currency.

I can see that being ok "back in the day", but none of the others require this and MC today don't work like that anymore.

 

Anyway... This thread is just my 2 cents more or less, it's a stupid and very short sughted requirement that basically screws one of the elites hard.

I already put the buy order, i'm already set, i don't expect Anet to ever fix this or MC, it was just a shock to me.

That's all...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fix-R-Upper is optional though so I would only do it if you love the skin in this current economy. It's not required for anything and the achievement only gives 1 AP.

Mystic Barricade is slightly more palatable because you get chrono + herald shield ; same goes for Mystic Staff because you get the thief and druid staves.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Fix-R-Upper is optional though so I would only do it if you love the skin in this current economy. It's not required for anything and the achievement only gives 1 AP.

Mystic Barricade is slightly more palatable because you get chrono + herald shield ; same goes for Mystic Staff because you get the thief and druid staves.

I love the skin! 😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I can see that being ok "back in the day", but none of the others require this and MC today don't work like that anymore.

 

 

I did Ydalir (Dragon Hunter Elite Spec Ascended Longbow) a few months ago and it also required 30 mystic coin for the Hornbow part of the collection.  My mistake is I only did it because I wanted an ascended longbow and figured I'd just complete the collection to have it done.  I didn't pay attention to the wiki and it only has 3 stat choices. I could have made a regular ascended longbow with the stats I wanted for cheaper.   My point is I think at least the HoT elite spec ascended weapons have that 30 mystic coin mystic weapon as part of the collection.  So I don't think it is unique to Fix-R-Upper. 

 

Those elite ascended weapons made more sense for an affordable weapon back when HoT was released and mystic coins were cheap.   Now they are just expensive skins to get if you like them.

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Thanks for the responses, but i don't need a lesson on how to get Mystic Coins.

I have the Mystic coins for this.

I have the gold for this, and i already put a buy order on the Trading post.

The point is that there really shouldn't be class unlocks that require you to use a highly manipulated currency.

I can see that being ok "back in the day", but none of the others require this and MC today don't work like that anymore.

 

Anyway... This thread is just my 2 cents more or less, it's a stupid and very short sughted requirement that basically screws one of the elites hard.

I already put the buy order, i'm already set, i don't expect Anet to ever fix this or MC, it was just a shock to me.

That's all...

I agree with this sentiment. If I want to do the full set it’s 270 MC which is insane in my mind.  Some of the skins are nice but…. Like I said, when gold is plenty and I am bored of other content, I might make these. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me, at the stage of the game I'm at, the HoT collections are a convenient way to get some ascended weapons while reserving my mithrillium for heavy armour crafting. I don't have much interest in legendaries at the moment, so I don't care about having to spend the mystic coins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is one of the best skins in the game, though. It uses a metallic shader, which is especially rare even on metal weapons. Though I think you need a really big character (like Charr or Norn) truly appreciate it.

 

Sure, Mjolnir is better, but its also 600g.

 

Btw the reason the devs haven't adjusted any recipes, etc. is because they claim players are still hoarding millions of Mystic Coins in their banks (remember they can see this data). And this is on active accounts, not the thousands of players who have left who also have stacks of MCs in their bank from back when they costed only a silver and were often sold to NPCs. Every time one of those players returns it gets even worse.

 

During that period in the first few years of the game tens of millions of MCs were introduced into the econemy and stockpiled in banks, mules, etc. and basically act as the Fort Knox of Guild Wars.

 

It wasn't uncommon for a single player to have a full mule which is ~25k MCs on 20 slot bags.

 

The devs should probably force the issue, but they won't, just like they didn't with Hardened Leather, even when a single piece of Ascended armor was costing in excess of 100g to craft. The best we'll get is maybe they'll add a few more ways to obtain MCs than we have now.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is how expensive these were when I first made the HoT Elite Spec weapons. PoF was so much better since you needed the unique sunspear weapon unlock instead of a Mystic weapon. However, that was still up to 100g for a while unless you got lucky.

 

Mystic Coins will always be annoyingly expensive. You're better off having multiple accounts to dull that pain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

All the Mystic Weapons require 30 Mystic Coins.

All 9 Heart of Thorns Elite Specialization Collection require a Mystic Weapon.

 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_weapons

Indeed, i mixed those up with PoF ones.

Still... It's too much. Even 1 MC in today's "economy" is too much to spend on skins, and having that a requirement for elite spec wepon skins is kinda "outdated"...

6 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

I agree with this sentiment. If I want to do the full set it’s 270 MC which is insane in my mind.  Some of the skins are nice but…. Like I said, when gold is plenty and I am bored of other content, I might make these. 

Well, this one is the only one i want right now so i won't bother with the others and way overpay this skin...

But since i don't expect Anet to do anything about it, even if 30 MC would cost 1000 gold (and they will), they'll still be oblivious to the core problem and probably won't adjust the achievements. 😛

Oh well...

But yeah, 270MC for a full set is just... No...

 

4 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

This is one of the best skins in the game, though. It uses a metallic shader, which is especially rare even on metal weapons. Though I think you need a really big character (like Charr or Norn) truly appreciate it.

It's going on a Charr. 🙂

 

4 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

Sure, Mjolnir is better, but its also 600g.

Eh, not the same. I want that "i'm an engineer" steampunk look. 😄 

4 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

Btw the reason the devs haven't adjusted any recipes, etc. is because they claim players are still hoarding millions of Mystic Coins in their banks (remember they can see this data). And this is on active accounts, not the thousands of players who have left who also have stacks of MCs in their bank from back when they costed only a silver and were often sold to NPCs. Every time one of those players returns it gets even worse.

Well they ARE hoarding them because they use it to bypass TP gold sinks and trade outside of TP. But that's fine by Anet because it drives gold selling for Anet by inflating the economy. Why would you pay 1g for something when it can cost 14g? Gems to 1g is less than Gems to 2g. How? Well, by trading outside of the TP gold sinks, and doing that for years, the amount of gold left in circulation that would have been eaten by the TP is that difference between 1g and 14g. It's funny how they're not ok with game exploits but they're super fine with this one. And Anet can literally kill this in one go by adding a vendor that sells MC for 10 silver. Destroy the entire RMT, out of TP and inflation problems in one go but... Who'll buy gold then for super expensive fashion?

4 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

During that period in the first few years of the game tens of millions of MCs were introduced into the econemy and stockpiled in banks, mules, etc. and basically act as the Fort Knox of Guild Wars.

 

It wasn't uncommon for a single player to have a full mule which is ~25k MCs on 20 slot bags.

 

The devs should probably force the issue, but they won't, just like they didn't with Hardened Leather, even when a single piece of Ascended armor was costing in excess of 100g to craft. The best we'll get is maybe they'll add a few more ways to obtain MCs than we have now.

Yes, i don't expect Anet to do anything. That's why i ordered my Hammer off the TP and will do the collection like it is. Not much i can do about it other than complain haha. 😛

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Still... It's too much. Even 1 MC in today's "economy" is too much to spend on skins, and having that a requirement for elite spec wepon skins is kinda "outdated"... 

1 MC is 2.5 gold. That's it.

 

70-80 gold is about the normal TP price for any skins that come out of the Black Lion Ticket vendor, which is something like 1/4 of the sets in the game.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

The point is that there really shouldn't be class unlocks that require you to use a highly manipulated currency.


it’s not a class unlock, it’s a weapon that you want for its skin. Not the same thing as you can use any basic weapon skin and it will work just as well. 
 

as to the price, it’s been around long before this upcoming expansion. Are you saying that ANet should go through all its skins to make sure that each one is easy to get if a new elite spec will use it? 
 

 

 

Edited by Just a flesh wound.3589
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...