how can i know theres someone on LFG that I blocked?

I have blocked some people due to toxicity, and really don't like to run into them
on LFG again, is there a way to know if they are on LFG?

Why blocking doesn't do anything in this game?!  (its pretty annoying)
They shouldn't be able to see any of my LFG posts and vice-versa. (they shouldn't be able to even see where I am)

Its almost like you can block the abuser but they can see your LFG, join and abuse you even more...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well I don't think they can abuse you more because when you block a player you don't see their chat messages and I believe they can't pm you anymore either.

But I would be interested to find out whether or not blocked people can see your LFG messages. I never really thought about it.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Contacts_and_LFG_panel

• Blocked: a list of players who will have limited contact with your account, suppressing message through chat and mail.
  • Blocking another player does not prevent that player from seeing your online status or your map location, though the blocked player will receive a "network error" when they try to send a message to the blocker.
  • Blocking a player does not prevent them from seeing your text in any chat channel.
  • Blocking a player does not prevent them from joining your LFG listing.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

• Blocked: a list of players who will have limited contact with your account, suppressing message through chat and mail.
  • Blocking another player does not prevent that player from seeing your online status or your map location, though the blocked player will receive a "network error" when they try to send a message to the blocker.
  • Blocking a player does not prevent them from seeing your text in any chat channel.

meaning blocking doesn't do anything it should.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

One bad thing about this is, someone can be toxic to you, block you first and you can't block them back since when you try you get this error message.
They can then unblock you when they want, send you a message, and block you again so you can't block them.
There are some people I really wish I could block but just can't because of this, don't know if it's working as intended or what, definitely annoying.

That's false, you can normally block people that have blocked you.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

One bad thing about this is, someone can be toxic to you, block you first and you can't block them back since when you try you get this error message.
They can then unblock you when they want, send you a message, and block you again so you can't block them.
There are some people I really wish I could block but just can't because of this, don't know if it's working as intended or what, definitely annoying.

No, you can block them you just click and block them. What you are saying is someone can be toxic block you and you try to respond but the network error means they blocked you already. Just scroll up to where they were toxic and block them

32 minutes ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

Blocking doesn’t always work. I once blocked someone and they were still able to send me messages through the mail. 

Yeah that can't happen either. Now he could of had an alt account and it was the same person but you can't send mail to someone who blocked you

45 minutes ago, Jilora.9524 said:

Yeah that can't happen either. Now he could of had an alt account and it was the same person but you can't send mail to someone who blocked you

it was the same character name. 

probably a bug but it shows that it’s….. buggy 

Edited by Just a flesh wound.3589

9 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Programmatically, it's not difficult to do all of those things they're not doing, so it makes me wonder, in this age toxicity/doxxing/etc, why they're not taking those extra minor steps to protect the privacy, health, and safety of their customers. One of their programmers could knock that out in an afternoon if management gave a hoot.

After I am now doing raids and t4-fracs for a few weeks i must say ... some people would then come here and write that they can no longer play with anyone ^^''.

I was blocked a while ago by someone because we were in T3 2 Heal-tempest, which is why I thought I could make a bit dmg, which he probably thought too. And after not even a minute he writes, Heal-tempest does not do its job, good luck - leaved. I ask him via whisper what I wrote here. He writes me, because of you, the group will die again and again BLOCK.
The end of the game, I'm completely heal again, we got a dps in addition and completet without probs Deepstone and Co. :D. The only problem there was a communication problem between the two of us.
There are also enough funny Youtube videos where people are blocked because they ask normal questions.

I was once fully for it and I'm actually still for it. But I think if something like that would be implemented some would have to question their block behavior and thus their own behavior and we know what people will do in such a situation :D.

This is interesting and I understand the OP.

In WvW enemy players use block to get your name to message you in chat and or send you and mail.

Many of them are salty because they died especially to a lower rank and some like use it to troll or know your location on the map and try to find you that way to either gank or try to fight again over and over even if they lose or win if more help them.

I also noticed they will use the block feature to find your location especially in a zerg fight and in that fight a group will target you every time so you have to be extra careful not to get pulled by them or have their friends or the zerg to target you in every zerg fight.

I also noticed in PVE if you do have them blocked or they have me blocked they can see where on the pve map you are on and bother you there as well if they can find you even in a fractal.

I would also check your friends list which I do not understand why we cannot remove players from the friends or followers list.

Because some act nice to get on your list then you find out its their alt or they are tell others where you are like a spy.

And worse they can add themselves on your followers list and still track you from there as well and we cant delete them.

The only thing I can do is just place myself invisible in WvW to avoid them targeting me and sending me their whispers and mail.

It would be nice if ANET can think of a solution because I do like Followers and Friends list but just some players like to abuse it.

The funny part is they will send you hate or crying whispers and mail but they block you from replying - Go figure...

Edited by killforbeers.7534

15 hours ago, kanemi.4903 said:

I have blocked some people due to toxicity, and really don't like to run into them
on LFG again, is there a way to know if they are on LFG?

Why blocking doesn't do anything in this game?!  (its pretty annoying)
They shouldn't be able to see any of my LFG posts and vice-versa. (they shouldn't be able to even see where I am)

Its almost like you can block the abuser but they can see your LFG, join and abuse you even more...

When you block a player, his LFG won't be listed on your LFG Tool anymore. But he can still see and join yours. 

My suggestion is to set a nickname for blocked person (i.e Fractal Toxic Player) and a quick mouse hover in party members before you start the run to spot any blocked person on the group to kick/leave or ask him to leave.

Edited by fatihso.7258
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

You, what do you own the LFG channel? How do you own PUGs, PUGs? Now somewhere between the sacred block button, sacred block button and sleep. Somewhere, between the sacred block button and sleep. PUGs, PUGs, PUUUUGS...

Yes go to sleep you make no sence.