Why such an iconic skill as Revive Corpses is not in the game?

Nabbut.7480

All we have is seven varieties of weirdly looking minions. Not even skeletons!

Why not replace one of Minion skills with AoE Revive that shall raise the corpses of Normal and Veteran enemies to fight for necromancer for a duration?

Yes, it will not work in sPvP, raids and WvW but that's what split and build templates are for?

• Like 1

On one hand, balancing such a skill would be a nightmare, on the other, it's not like balance is great anyway...

But maybe having ways to decide when each of your minions die (not just the bone minions), kinda like engi turrets, and then a skill that uses your dead minions would be interesting.

MM worked like this in GW1. You exploit a corpse to raise a "funky looking minion" (no skeletons or zombies).

The end result of the MM was a slow to start build that then goes from 2nd into 5th gear full blast speed clear mode, hoping a random enemy AoE doesn't just hit wrong at the wrong time (or hoping the necro doesn't die, lol, because the 20+ minions would then instawipe the party).

No.

• Like 1

I well remember minion masters in gw1.  People always wanted minion masters to come with them for difficult mission instances. The most notorious being Vizunah square.

Gw1 necromancers got nerfed and couldnt hold as many minions at once. But still made content so much easier with that many bodies.

I think the Gw2 necromancer only have quite limited amounts of minions due to balancing problems with a horde. Plus what would a minionmaster do if there was no more corpses around?

Plus I strongly think that horde style necromancers would be lagging people to death, when we have all the infusion effects going on. As well all the flappies hovering above.

Edited by LucianDK.8615
  • Like 1