Legendary weapons reset stats and remove upgrades every time unequip/swap weapons, please fix

Legendary weapons reset stats and remove upgrades every time one unequips / swap weapons.  this is incredibly annoying. 

Also, if this isn't fixed, this thread serves as a warning to the conmunity that legendaries are no longer worth it unless you never-ever swap weapons.,  except for  bragging rights, skin, or special things like instruments or the feeling of completing it. 

it mitigates some of the usefulness of the lack of transmutation charges for me because it's unusable in practicality.  This is terrible.  I hope this is fixed.  It also adds extra burden on the player's inventory.  The whole point of the legendary armory was so that there was less stress on the player's inventory, not more.

What does the rest of the community think? 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Disagree as swapping to a third set of weapons isn't part of a build.  It behaves normally when swapping to your other weapon set.  It's when you exchange it for something in your inventory that it resets, which isn't a problem because inventory swapping is an action not done in combat.

What I really think is the problem is the price of equipment templates and the limtied number of equipment templates.  These are the problem.  I really want ArenaNet to address this, not putting legendary gear into inventory.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Disagree as swapping to a third set of weapons isn't part of a build.  It behaves normally when swapping to your other weapon set.  It's when you exchange it for something in your inventory that it resets, which isn't a problem because inventory swapping is an action not done in combat.

What I really think is the problem is the price of equipment templates and the limtied number of equipment templates.  These are the problem.  I really want ArenaNet to address this, not putting legendary gear into inventory.

It may not be a problem if you're not in the middle of doing something high intensity and aren't the type of person to swap often, but if you are doing something high intensity and swap often,  this is a royal pain.  For example, supposing you are in WvW and you have your two equipment sets- one is a healer-support, one is deeps, and you are swapping quickly situationally (because sometimes it's useful to bring mesmer focus to drag folks together and greatsword to long distance poke people if you're safely with a group and sometimes you need your torch to hide and run away because you're at risk).  And because this is in WvW, you're at risk at being facerolled all the time, so this is super annoying and those few seconds you're forced to go into your inventory and put all your stuff back could kill you.  And your inventory is all full of loot so now that your sigils are removed, you're encumbered and you can't easily swap them back in, and then now you're in combat with the wrong weapons and can't swap your weapons at all- and an enemy probably already saw you and you're probably already dead.  (and yes, this happened to me a few times.  I literally died a few times because i decided to use a legendary weapon, hooray! ).  I saw an old thread about someone talking about how painful this was in a Raid that they'd have to stop and do this.  And sometimes when there is a downtime of difficult content, there is a small window of time to swap situationally (say, you're doing a dungeon with not as many people.)  Or you're in a PvE map with pretty scary monsters.  It's just extra annoyance factor and mental fatigue and normally gw2 is really good about being kind to its players.  Or you're doing a meta where something is time sensitive and you need to switch roles really quickly.  Well, bam, this reset-and-remove-all-your-upgrades thing *is* going to trip you up.  Thanks, I've gotten punished for making a legendary.  Not only that, the added irritation for something that's supposed to be convenient that happens constantly for me (even if it's less for folks who don't swap often) is a major quality of life downer.   Altho I'm complaining though I'm open to another point of view; but I know a lot of people that have expressed a lot of frustration with this so I know it's not just me XD

The whole *point* of legendaries is to be the ultimate convenience. Why would they change that to be super inconvenient?  The design here boggles the mind. 

That said, I do agree more equipment sets and templates would be nice (i'll happily support the idea and already did in the QoL thread I think) and thank you for expressing your opinion 🙂

Edited by cloudsareyum.8120
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cloudsareyum.8120 said:

It may not be a problem if you're not in the middle of doing something high intensity and aren't the type of person to swap often, but if you are doing something high intensity and swap often,  this is a royal pain.  For example, supposing you are in WvW and you have your two equipment sets- one is a healer, one is deeps, and you are swapping quickly situationally (because sometimes it's useful to bring mesmer focus to drag folks together and greatsword to long distance poke people if you're safely with a group and sometimes you need your torch to hide and run away because you're at risk).  And because this is in WvW, you're at risk at being facerolled all the time, so this is super annoying and those few seconds you're forced to go into your inventory and put all your stuff back could kill you.  And your inventory is all full of loot so now that your sigils are removed, you're encumbered and you can't easily swap them back in, and then now you're in combat with the wrong weapons and can't swap your weapons at all- and an enemy probably already saw you and you're probably already dead.  I saw an old thread about someone talking about how painful this was in a Raid that they'd have to stop and do this.  And sometimes when there is a downtime of difficult content, there is a small window of time to swap situationally (say, you're doing a dungeon with not as many people.)  Or you're in a PvE map with pretty scary monsters.  It's just extra annoyance factor and mental fatigue and normally gw2 is really good about being kind to its players.  Or you're doing a meta where something is time sensitive and you need to switch roles really quickly.  Well, bam, this reset-and-remove-all-your-upgrades thing *is* going to trip you up.  Thanks, I've gotten punished for making a legendary.  Not only that, the added irritation for something that's supposed to be convenient that happens constantly for me (even if it's less for folks who don't swap often) is a major quality of life downer. 

The whole *point* of legendaries is to be the ultimate convenience. Why would they change that to be super inconvenient?  The design here boggles the mind. 

Never had this problem at all.

My ele has 3 equipment tabs and 3 builds, i swap between them very fast. No runes/sigils get tossed out of my gear. My thief has 2 and 2, also never ran into this issue.

And i doubt a "fix" if its even broken, is easy to do, and probably very far down on their list, given that it works as intended, so long as you arent trying to get around the two weapon set limit per build.

They're working on ironing out the kinks for the cantha expansion right now, right? So they don't have time to do too much of the QoL stuff stacked up at the moment, or is there an entirely separate team on QoL, or is it mostly really high ?  Mostly, when do you think they'll get around to this kind of QoL stuff at all, are they making some QoL positive changes?  I know they definitely fix the high priority buggies; I don't see much QoL stuff though,even though I think this system is practically bugged.

I'm sure there's a separate dedicated team for the gem store as that's a money maker and important to the survival of the game?

2 minutes ago, cloudsareyum.8120 said:

They're working on ironing out the kinks for the cantha expansion right now, right? So they don't have time to do too much of the QoL stuff stacked up at the moment, or is there an entirely separate team on QoL, or is it mostly really high ?  Mostly, when do you think they'll get around to this kind of QoL stuff at all, are they making some QoL positive changes?  I know they definitely fix the high priority buggies; I don't see much QoL stuff though,even though I think this system is practically bugged.

I'm sure there's a separate dedicated team for the gem store as that's a money maker and important to the survival of the game?

This change was a massive QOL change?

so yes they do make changes, and they have continued to add them in. Wardrobe, Armory, the Wallet are all some of the more major changes. Theyve added more materials to the bank that didnt used to be there(baubles when tho?), the latest small one is the blue/white glow around skills.

The gemstore is mostly art, theres not alot of coding there.

Theres also a patch TOMMOROW, so who knows what bugs will get fixed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Never had this problem at all.

My ele has 3 equipment tabs and 3 builds, i swap between them very fast. No runes/sigils get tossed out of my gear. My thief has 2 and 2, also never ran into this issue.

And i doubt a "fix" if its even broken, is easy to do, and probably very far down on their list, given that it works as intended, so long as you arent trying to get around the two weapon set limit per build.

is there a place where they explicitly said that this was supposed to happen that I'm missing? T_T

so basically you swap between builds in order to change weapons, to confirm, is that correct? And all builds have the same or similar stats?  how does this work if i may ask? It may be a duct tape solution for me, but I'd like to know more ^^;

yus... but multiweapon set is just how I play.  Is the idea that basically I'm not playing the game 'correctly', so I'm being punished for it?  It seems quite a lot of players are being punished for it in that case...   I guess I'm so frustrated because gw2 is one of the games that doesn't tend to have this type of frustrating stupid game design flaws as much as others and this one really bugs me.  I mean, surely a game shouldn't have a design flaw that some players are okay with and is a massive downer and causes psychological mental fatigue on a whole bunch of other players.  The whole point of games is to make people happy.  Sigh, I guess I just am bummed that I guess my legendary turned out to be a hunk of junk with my playstyle, lol, but it's good also to hear that it works for some players and noproblems!!    Ty for your two cents.

What QoL/fixes, you think would go first in general? I mean, I'm willing to wait for a fix, as long as they *do* fix it, do you think it probably just won't get fixed it's so down on the list?  (like the guild hall bug, which still hasn't been fixed) XD

3 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

This change was a massive QOL change?

so yes they do make changes, and they have continued to add them in. Wardrobe, Armory, the Wallet are all some of the more major changes. Theyve added more materials to the bank that didnt used to be there(baubles when tho?), the latest small one is the blue/white glow around skills.

The gemstore is mostly art, theres not alot of coding there.

Theres also a patch TOMMOROW, so who knows what bugs will get fixed.

thanks!

32 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Ever thought this was designed this way to encourage buying equipment loadouts form the gemstore?

ehhh, while it does *feel* that way coz of how annoying it is, it's a little weird they targeted legendaries and there's probably motivation for loadouts anyway; like, most of guild wars 2 gamers don't even seem to bother with legendaries much because it's very few stats up from ascended and a pain in the neck, with some who get it for bragging rights.   It's definitely a downer because it turned something that should have been a cool achievement and something that I expected would be practical into a kind of downer experience.

...that said.. okay you do have a point it is somewhat suspicious

I know if i had more gems and more stuffs as a fashion warrior i would actually get loadouts for different character outfits lol, I'm sure it's an honest "we expect players only use two weapons for builds only and stick with that" mistake and never imagined people would be using equip set 1 for [stat set 1] and equip set 2 for [stat set 2] and swapping, because there are definitely players I know whom only stick with the two weapon swapping style, even if the ratio of players who do swap multi weapons to players who don't seem half and half

that said i think the legendary armory besides this one aspect is pretty awesome, it's just such a shame

Edited by cloudsareyum.8120

16 minutes ago, cloudsareyum.8120 said:

is there a place where they explicitly said that this was supposed to happen that I'm missing? T_T

so basically you swap between builds in order to change weapons, to confirm, is that correct? And all builds have the same or similar stats?  how does this work if i may ask? It may be a duct tape solution for me, but I'd like to know more ^^;

yus... but multiweapon set is just how I play.  Is the idea that basically I'm not playing the game 'correctly', so I'm being punished for it?  It seems quite a lot of players are being punished for it in that case...   I guess I'm so frustrated because gw2 is one of the games that doesn't tend to have this type of frustrating stupid game design flaws as much as others and this one really bugs me.  I mean, surely a game shouldn't have a design flaw that some players are okay with and is a massive downer and causes psychological mental fatigue on a whole bunch of other players.  The whole point of games is to make people happy.  Sigh, I guess I just am bummed that I guess my legendary turned out to be a hunk of junk with my playstyle, lol, but it's good also to hear that it works for some players and noproblems!!    Ty for your two cents.

What QoL/fixes, you think would go first in general? I mean, I'm willing to wait for a fix, as long as they *do* fix it, do you think it probably just won't get fixed it's so down on the list?  (like the guild hall bug, which still hasn't been fixed) XD

They dont have the same stats no.

My thiefs builds for example are zerker and sinister, so power and condi.

My eles are: celestial, zerker and zerker.

My ranger has: grieving, zerker and harriers. Condi, power and healing.

All of them only use two weapon sets, and dont involve any weapons being pulled out of the inventory to be equipped.

I just think them setting it up this way was intentional, and getting around the 2 weapon sets is not intentional. Allowed via ascendes and lower gear? Yes, because there is no way to not allow it, without frustrating everyone.

1 minute ago, Dante.1763 said:

They dont have the same stats no.

My thiefs builds for example are zerker and sinister, so power and condi.

My eles are: celestial, zerker and zerker.

My ranger has: grieving, zerker and harriers. Condi, power and healing.

All of them only use two weapon sets, and dont involve any weapons being pulled out of the inventory to be equipped.

I just think them setting it up this way was intentional, and getting around the 2 weapon sets is not intentional. Allowed via ascendes and lower gear? Yes, because there is no way to not allow it, without frustrating everyone.

May i ask which weapons you use if you're comfortable?   (don't answer if rather not, though ^^)

Thanks... this helps give me some ideas for some duct tape solutions (although I might just wind up letting the legendary collect dust and using ascended in the end).

Hmm. that makes sense.  More suspicion about moneygrab?  

I have more of a problem with accidental double clicking a white/blue/green item during inventory clean-ups and equipping that ... which resets the legendary. It would be nice to have a "Confirm swap" pop up for all non ascended/legendary gear, so you do not have to reset everything (stats, rune/sigil, infusions) once a mishap happened. The game asks for many unnecessary confirmations (I am looking at your Boar Bristle!), at least this one would make sense.

The current solution isn't the best in terms of quality of life in game.

1 hour ago, cloudsareyum.8120 said:

May i ask which weapons you use if you're comfortable?   (don't answer if rather not, though ^^)

Thanks... this helps give me some ideas for some duct tape solutions (although I might just wind up letting the legendary collect dust and using ascended in the end).

Hmm. that makes sense.  More suspicion about moneygrab?  

Depends on the build!

My ranger with harrier uses staff, axe/warhorn. For condi it uses shortbow, dagger/torch. For power it uses greatsword, longbow.

My thief for condi uses dagger/dagger, and staff(not the best choice but its fun.). For power it uses sword/pistol and Rifle.

My ele for celestial uses sword/dagger or staff. For zerker build 1 it uses dagger/dagger or scepter/warhorn. For zerker build 2 it uses staff or scepter/dagger.

All of the above are legendary weapons.

17 hours ago, cloudsareyum.8120 said:

The whole point of the legendary armory was so that there was less stress on the player's inventory, not more.

What does the rest of the community think? 

The community where 99% doesnt have this issue because they use legendary equipment per equipment template, freeing up tons of space for all characters they previously had to use the inventory or bank swap for?

Yeah I'm pretty sure most are fine with it.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, cloudsareyum.8120 said:

It may not be a problem if you're not in the middle of doing something high intensity and aren't the type of person to swap often, but if you are doing something high intensity and swap often,  this is a royal pain.  For example, supposing you are in WvW and you have your two equipment sets- one is a healer-support, one is deeps, and you are swapping quickly situationally (because sometimes it's useful to bring mesmer focus to drag folks together and greatsword to long distance poke people if you're safely with a group and sometimes you need your torch to hide and run away because you're at risk).  And because this is in WvW, you're at risk at being facerolled all the time, so this is super annoying and those few seconds you're forced to go into your inventory and put all your stuff back could kill you.  And your inventory is all full of loot so now that your sigils are removed, you're encumbered and you can't easily swap them back in, and then now you're in combat with the wrong weapons and can't swap your weapons at all- and an enemy probably already saw you and you're probably already dead.  (and yes, this happened to me a few times.  I literally died a few times because i decided to use a legendary weapon, hooray! ).  I saw an old thread about someone talking about how painful this was in a Raid that they'd have to stop and do this.  And sometimes when there is a downtime of difficult content, there is a small window of time to swap situationally (say, you're doing a dungeon with not as many people.)  Or you're in a PvE map with pretty scary monsters.  It's just extra annoyance factor and mental fatigue and normally gw2 is really good about being kind to its players.  Or you're doing a meta where something is time sensitive and you need to switch roles really quickly.  Well, bam, this reset-and-remove-all-your-upgrades thing *is* going to trip you up.  Thanks, I've gotten punished for making a legendary.  Not only that, the added irritation for something that's supposed to be convenient that happens constantly for me (even if it's less for folks who don't swap often) is a major quality of life downer.   Altho I'm complaining though I'm open to another point of view; but I know a lot of people that have expressed a lot of frustration with this so I know it's not just me XD

That said, I do agree more equipment sets and templates would be nice (i'll happily support the idea and already did in the QoL thread I think) and thank you for expressing your opinion 🙂

To me, this is indicative that the limitations of the template system are a bottleneck.  Why settle for opening inventory to quickly swap weapons when the template system should have addressed this.  I still believe legendaries work as they should and am more convinced that the template system is severely lacking.

Thanks for the detailed description.

I don't think many players use two equipment templates to swap between a full berserker scholar deadeye with rifle to full berserker scholar daredevil using staff. 

Before the armory, you just have to double clic. 

Now, you need about 15 to 20 clicks to swap between these two weapons (equip, drag 2 sigils and 2 infusions and stat selection, and if you play some weirdo stats you need to TYPE it..) and i can't even imagine if you have 2 legy sigils. 

If you still play ascended, it's also double clic only. 

I don't get how is that supposed to be normal. 

Edited by The Fear.3865

20 minutes ago, The Fear.3865 said:

I don't think many players use two equipment templates to swap between a full berserker scholar deadeye with rifle to full berserker scholar daredevil using staff. 

I do exactly that, and that’s what the Equipment Templates are for. Yes, there’s only a slight difference in the loadouts, but I don’t see why that makes it less valid as a Template. It’s unlikely they designed this to pump Template sales, it’s just the most straightforward way to implement the system, in my opinion.

45 minutes ago, shrew.3059 said:

but I don’t see why that makes it less valid as a Template.

Before the armory, you just had to double clic. 

Now, you need about 15 to 20 clicks to swap between these two weapons (equip, drag 2 sigils and 2 infusions and stat selection, and if you play some weirdo stats you need to TYPE it..) and i can't even imagine if you have 2 legy sigils. 

If you still play ascended, it's also double clic only. 

Before armory, you would have never used a template for this, you needed more clicks to swap template than changing gear. 

47 minutes ago, shrew.3059 said:

It’s unlikely they designed this to pump Template sales, it’s just the most straightforward way to implement the system, in my opinion.

It's a nerf of convinience, and bad design, in my opinion.