gw2efficiency huge devaluation

Inst a complaint just curiosity - why "account value" dropped between 16~17 august?

My account doesnt have much "changes" i dont sell anything.

Then i checked bound/gem unlocks, they all have huge devaluation.

i'm not sure how they calculate the value of these items, i assume they take the value in gems then convert it to gold based on the gem-gold exchange value.

So basically we had a huge gem devalution after 16 august? what happened, is it related to some promos?

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Inst a complaint just curiosity - why "account value" dropped between 16~17 august?

My account doesnt have much "changes" i dont sell anything.

Then i checked bound/gem unlocks, they all have huge devaluation.

i'm not sure how they calculate the value of these items, i assume they take the value in gems then convert it to gold based on the gem-gold exchange value.

So basically we had a huge gem devalution after 16 august? what happened, is it related to some promos?

Fixed assets will fluctuate like this.  I imagine as the desirable items go on sale the gem/gold ratio will be wonky.  It will normalize over time as the sales end and other players convert gems to gold (cf. the spike in players converting gold to gems for the sales).  I haven't looked at the gem/gold ratio over time so I cannot speak to any questions if this is an abnormal spike in magnitude.  I can confidently state that it will swing back.  Whether it will settle on a new equilibrium after these market disruptions remains to be seen.

Also note that the value of your material storage will consistently fluctuate, and this is normal.  I know you didn't raise that issue here, but just in case anyone reading this was wondering.  This is why some players try to predict peaks and sell at those times then restock on things they need when the price hits a predicted trough.  

In short, nothing to really worry about at the moment.  check back in a couple months to see where it's at.  

• Thanks 1

I noticed the same thing on my account and my best guess is it's because I have some items which are included in the Black Lion Exclusives Chest and GW2 Efficency uses the price of the chest as the value of those items. When the chests became available again on the 17th the price dropped by about 1,000g within a day.

The gold to gem exchange rate can also have an impact, but that actually went up around the same time and has gone up again since then, so it wouldn't explain the drop.

In general I don't think it's worth worrying too much about exactly what GW2Efficency says your account value is, because it will always go up and down based on factors beyond your control.

• Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I noticed the same thing on my account and my best guess is it's because I have some items which are included in the Black Lion Exclusives Chest and GW2 Efficency uses the price of the chest as the value of those items. When the chests became available again on the 17th the price dropped by about 1,000g within a day.

The gold to gem exchange rate can also have an impact, but that actually went up around the same time and has gone up again since then, so it wouldn't explain the drop.

In general I don't think it's worth worrying too much about exactly what GW2Efficency says your account value is, because it will always go up and down based on factors beyond your control.

Sales and such also affect it, so it could be a combination of things?

Equipment/template/bagslots/bank slots have all gone on sale recently.