Portal Tomes and Scrolls... are they one time use?

tron.1438

So I see these portal tomes for season 3, 4 and icebrood.  As well as scroll for specific wp on maps for these seasons.  The question is, are they a one time use or can they be used multiple times?  Can a tome be shared?  I have one character that has been pretty much every where but so many extras that have not been anywhere.  If this is unlimited use.  Then it will be very helpful with bringing them to other maps to help with farming map currency or materials.

13 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Nope, they are permanent. 🙂 The tomes are there to hold a full season's scrolls in one item.

Sweet!  So I can just buy them all up and stick them in the Shared Spot.  Guess I need to buy a couple extra share spots.  Thanks!

• Like 1

We definitely need a better way to store all the portal items. It would be nice if we could get one thing which can at least store all the LW map portal scrolls but ideally could also hold things like the VIP 'lounge' passes, Teleport to Friend consumables, those city portals you can make and whichever other ones I've forgotten about. The way things are you could probably buy all the shared inventory slots and fill them all with teleport items.

I’m just figuring out this whole portal scroll thing so I’m glad this topic is here.

Why are the Tomes  so expensive? I think the ones I seen cost 175k karma. That may not be a lot but it’s about 1/2 of what I have on my account so I’m thinking it is. Also what’s the benefit to them when you can just start the story/chapter of the zone you want to be in then abandon it and you’re there no? Kind of just seem like another item to take up inventory space to sell slots or Am I missing something? 

Edited by Grimlineman.6759

Most players have millions if not billions of Karma by now. It's a mostly useless currency that only helps in a few activities. There are a few adds for it to drain it in recent years, but 175k karma is not much at all.

Starting a story doesn't take you to the zone, you still have to travel there via some [horrible] story. Portal tomes take you there no fuss. Add to shared inventory and you can take any toon to any daily with out any effort.

I know people that will spend 15 minutes taking free paths over spending 1 silver on a WP, so if it doesn't make sense to you, don't waste the effort, but they are a QoL improvement for a lot of us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I been playing since around 2015 granted I only play for a month or two each year before I get bored and put the game down so I probably only have 6-8 months playing total but I look forward to the day I can say I have millions of karma to dump.

I must not be doing something right because I only have about 400k although I did buy a few culture weapons. Everything I do awards small amounts like couple hundred at a time if I’m lucky….. gonna be awhile I guess…..

Edited by Grimlineman.6759
Spelling