Reaper has a small window of taking 0 damage upon entering shroud.

3 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

The window is between 4-6 seconds and has to do with protection and a skill in shroud. Yes, it's an annoying bug. Probably a remnant from the beta event. They fixed the weaver barrier bug ASAP and this should get the same treatment. 

no.. what you are talking about is when reapers uses spectral armor before they enter shroud  buff that give them protection and 8% life force gained on taking hits with internal cd of 1 seconds.  and then they go into shroud..   what happens then is the buff still apply and when you attack them they gain life force and not lose it unless you hit very hard..   

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, noiwk.2760 said:

no.. what you are talking about is when reapers uses spectral armor before they enter shroud  buff that give them protection and 8% life force gained on taking hits with internal cd of 1 seconds.  and then they go into shroud..   what happens then is the buff still apply and when you attack them they gain life force and not lose it unless you hit very hard..   

uhh no…lmaoo

Not sure if it even is a bug. The wiki has been updated to show that Shrouds 50% damage reduction is additive. Protection currently is and so is infusing terror. That all stacks over 100% for 0 damage dealt. It also appears that they fixed the 9 year issue of damage floaters and combat log not showing the reduced damage. Yeah, that was a thing for 9 years.

FWIW that 0 damage received is easier to get in WvW courtesy of food buffs which are also additive, as is frost aura.

If anything the true tankiness of Necro and Reaper is fully visible now.

Unless, like the thief pistol auto, this truly is a bug and it is still meant to be multiplicative...

Edit:

I THINK this had to do with how the got rid of the Harbinger Shroud damage reduction. It may have been coded up in such a way that there has to be something there in order to not break (Scourge has a shroud on F5 even), but turning it into x 0.00 damage received would have broken the overall damage reduction. So I think that they turned it into -0% damage received, which had the effect of turning other shrouds into -50% damage received rather than x 0.5 damage received.

If you had not noticed yet this also had the effect of giving Desert Shroud +50% damage reduction as well.

I say this because it had been tested previously that shroud was a multiplicative modifier and not additive. This happened around the same time of the thief pistol AA 'buff/bug' that got patched yesterday and there were threads around the same time about it. So, I'm inclined to think that they are aware of this, and that it is a stealth change in order to make Harbinger work as intended.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
Further thoughts.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

The window is between 4-6 seconds and has to do with protection and a skill in shroud. Yes, it's an annoying bug. Probably a remnant from the beta event. They fixed the weaver barrier bug ASAP and this should get the same treatment. 

Lets be real here, its ele vs necro you are talking about. Ele has broken sustain = immediate hotfix. Necro has broken sustain = we will get to it in a few patches, maybe before EoD.

(And ele sustain wasnt even broken in pve, it was on par with rev and scourge)

Edited by Paradoxoglanis.1904
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Lets be real here, its ele vs necro you are talking about. Ele has broken sustain = immediate hotfix. Necro has broken sustain = we will get to it in a few patches, maybe before EoD.

(And ele sustain wasnt even broken in pve, it was on par with rev and scourge)

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a bug that prevented the Istani Bounty Hunter achievement from progressing.
  • Fried Banana Chips: Fixed a bug that caused the recipe for this item to be crafted instead of the food item.
  • Desert Shroud: Fixed an issue that granted an unintended damage reduction.
  • Death Shroud: Fixed an issue that caused strike damage reduction to stack additively with other sources instead of multiplicatively.
  • Reaper's Shroud: Fixed an issue that caused strike damage reduction to stack additively with other sources instead of multiplicatively.
  • Infusing Terror: Fixed an issue that caused strike damage reduction to stack additively with other sources instead of multiplicatively.
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, noiwk.2760 said:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a bug that prevented the Istani Bounty Hunter achievement from progressing.
  • Fried Banana Chips: Fixed a bug that caused the recipe for this item to be crafted instead of the food item.
  • Desert Shroud: Fixed an issue that granted an unintended damage reduction.
  • Death Shroud: Fixed an issue that caused strike damage reduction to stack additively with other sources instead of multiplicatively.
  • Reaper's Shroud: Fixed an issue that caused strike damage reduction to stack additively with other sources instead of multiplicatively.
  • Infusing Terror: Fixed an issue that caused strike damage reduction to stack additively with other sources instead of multiplicatively.

yes yes.

Good. Yes.

I knew they will half kitten it @Lan Deathrider.5910. Since they admit that additive it is a bug it should be across on all classes but the "fix" is only on Necro, yet another rule Arenanet put up but doesn't follow. Also I do not see why people are happy about it, they fixed the issue just for one profession and then they wonder why the game is not "balanced", kitten ain't consistent. 

Also another thing why should players test simple skill interactions in the game, why have they stopped doing any development in the character gameplay( Basically the whole point of the game), the Expansion is no longer an excuse, this kitten up clearly shows that "fixes" can be made. People are still paying for the game and yet nothing changes, like why would I buy a build template even for open world PVE if there is only one good build.     

27 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I knew they will half kitten it @Lan Deathrider.5910. Since they admit that additive it is a bug it should be across on all classes but the "fix" is only on Necro, yet another rule Arenanet put up but doesn't follow. Also I do not see why people are happy about it, they fixed the issue just for one profession and then they wonder why the game is not "balanced", kitten ain't consistent. 

Also another thing why should players test simple skill interactions in the game, why have they stopped doing any development in the character gameplay( Basically the whole point of the game), the Expansion is no longer an excuse, this kitten up clearly shows that "fixes" can be made. People are still paying for the game and yet nothing changes, like why would I buy a build template even for open world PVE if there is only one good build.     

Vancho, there are several everywhere that are additive, which is fine so long as they are small reductions, like 10-20%. I'm even fine with protection being additive. Typically large damage reductions are and have been multiplicative (i.e. shroud), which is why this needed to be fixed. Allegedly Rampage's reduction is additive and it is also a 50% reduction, but warrior lacks the means to push that to 100% on their own in any reliable way.

You're right about the one good build thing. Increasing build diversity would increase demand for their cash templates, so obviously Anet needs to do a fresh balance patch right?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Vancho, there are several everywhere that are additive, which is fine so long as they are small reductions, like 10-20%. I'm even fine with protection being additive. Typically large damage reductions are and have been multiplicative (i.e. shroud), which is why this needed to be fixed. Allegedly Rampage's reduction is additive and it is also a 50% reduction, but warrior lacks the means to push that to 100% on their own in any reliable way.

You're right about the one good build thing. Increasing build diversity would increase demand for their cash templates, so obviously Anet needs to do a fresh balance patch right?

The problem it is OK for something now, till they change something and then forget they changed it and drop more kitten on top of it up or down, like the kitten drawbacks that were supposed to roll on every profession but didn't or the dodge traits are not high impact now but at the same patch they gave engi a high impact dodge trait, and even the CC thing that nerfed power builds but condi builds gave no kittens about cc skills not doing damage.

Base Mechanics should be consistent, rules they apply themselves should be followed or fully reverted if they don't follow them after their big changes patches.  

Edited by Vancho.8750

1 minute ago, Vancho.8750 said:

The problem it is OK for something now, till they change something and then forget they changed it and drop more kitten on top of it up or down, like the kitten drawbacks that were supposed to roll on every profession but didn't or the dodge traits are not high impact now but at the same patch they gave engi a high impact dodge trait, and even the CC thing that nerfed power builds but condi builds gave no kittens about cc skills not doing damage.

Base Mechanics should be consistent, rules they apply themselves should be followed or fully reverted if they don't follow them after their big changes patches.  

I agree. The official (according to the forums) 'drawbacks' of some specs are complete jokes (*kitten* but I have to trade a traitline *kitten*), meanwhile Berserker exists.

The CC damage nerf should never have happened. CMC should have just scaled them down the same as the rest of the power damage, and then nerfed them further IF needed. Single absolute worst balance decision gamewide in this game's history.

• Like 1