Bot Wars 2

1 hour ago, Dante.1763 said:

That happens here too tho?

I was doing a heart recently and there was a stack of 10 minion master necros all standing on top of each other letting their minions kill all the mobs. Only time they did a cast was to resummon a minion.

Made that heart frustrating as hell.

As a necro player, it's more frustrating to have people actively follow you round the map, whisper you to see if you are there then take off, like some kind of witch hunt. 

Then again after my experiences in other games i'm more torrent of the fact people cheat and pity them.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

As a necro player, it's more frustrating to have people actively follow you round the map, whisper you to see if you are there then take off, like some kind of witch hunt. 

Then again after my experiences in other games i'm more torrent of the fact people cheat and pity them.

Im not condoning that, Harrasment/stalking is a problem when it happens and should be dealt with also.

I dont do that, i just report as many as i can target, no whispers, no words. Let anet deal with it(which they dont seem to be doing anymore at all.)

Acting like they arent real though serves no one. Saying its not an issue, is maybe true by and large, but having them eat up all the mobs for a heart, on an endless basis, is also a problem.

These forums are odd though. They are the only mmo forum im on where i see people actively defending bots/afk farming, and it makes 0 sense.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

I really hate that, I always answer back...why yes im a bot. A lot of it is people that are just lazy some may have medical issues but they play classes that have pets or things like turrets that allow then to kill things easier. Does not necessarily make them bots, a solo player out in the world with all minions or turrets out is prob not a bot. A group of necros and engies all in one spot is a different story, but true bots require botting software. Lazy players or those with disabilities that only use few spells to get their kills does not make them bots. I have 14 years of experience with true auto bots in wow, and I have seen a few places with engis and necros farming here, some are bots. But the majority of solo players out by them selves killing stuff are not. Being lazy or disabled isnt a crime, and you have to be running bot ware or stringing kill macros for it to be consider one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Im not condoning that, Harrasment/stalking is a problem when it happens and should be dealt with also.

I dont do that, i just report as many as i can target, no whispers, no words. Let anet deal with it(which they dont seem to be doing anymore at all.)

Acting like they arent real though serves no one. Saying its not an issue, is maybe true by and large, but having them eat up all the mobs for a heart, on an endless basis, is also a problem.

These forums are odd though. They are the only mmo forum im on where i see people actively defending bots/afk farming, and it makes 0 sense.

Because lives too short to get worked up over the fact a heart may take me five minutes more, considering like you said nothing is done. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

This might be fitting to the topic at hand:

but yes, let's pretend like the issue is not growing.

Maybe this is the developers approach to make the game seem more alive for EoD...

I posted also some pics in an other Thread on Reddit. What i find crazy, that there are plenty players who defending this crap on Reddit. 

Question: Why do you play a game when u are mostly Afk and look Netflix? I don't get it. Problem is that those guys Farm T4 Mats in Istan. That lowers the prices of them. Which is not good for every other player who plays the game fair and sell them. 

And c'mon the situation in sPVP is very bad with all the bots. Really bad and as a returning player i was shocked about all these bots.  Not a good publicity for Anet and Guild Wars 2. 

Edited by Grebcol.5984
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

This might be fitting to the topic at hand:

but yes, let's pretend like the issue is not growing.

Maybe this is the developers approach to make the game seem more alive for EoD...

Isnt that a multiboxer? also not a minion master where is the golem ,the shadow fiend, the puppy?

Anyway that is a multiboxer not a bot. if people cant tell the difference that is a problem.

Edited by Zuldari.3940

1 hour ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Isnt that a multiboxer? also not a minion master where is the golem ,the shadow fiend, the puppy?

Anyway that is a multiboxer not a bot. if people cant tell the difference that is a problem.

It is but it isn't really that better than botting. Such lazyness shouldn't be rewarded. Thats a kitten for all other players which really play the game.  And god it is awful do see armys of Multiboxer and Bots in the wilderness or going into a cavern and see on every level Multiboxer afk standing like zombies. When a New player see this he deinstall the Game directly or become a Zombie itself.  I really do not want a game where in every corner sits hundreds of afk necros and engis.   

in spvp there are real bots and there are so many of them offhour that i mostly only play at primetime. I saw them also in the silverwastes and Kourna. 

Edited by Grebcol.5984
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

That happens here too tho?

I was doing a heart recently and there was a stack of 10 minion master necros all standing on top of each other letting their minions kill all the mobs. Only time they did a cast was to resummon a minion.

Made that heart frustrating as hell.

This right here is what needs to be emphasized with AFK farming.  It's interfering with the normal gameplay of other players in an unintended way.  Forget trying to make arguments about the economy or rewards.  This is the key issue.

Also, these aren't bots (I know you didn't state this, just for the others reading this).  Bots and AFK farming are separate issues and shouldn't be lumped together.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

It is but it isn't really that better than botting. Such lazyness shouldn't be rewarded. Thats a kitten for all other players which really play the game.  And god it is awful do see armys of Multiboxer and Bots in the wilderness or going into a cavern and see on every level Multiboxer afk standing like zombies. When a New player see this he deinstall the Game directly or become a Zombie itself.  I really do not want a game where in every corner sits hundreds of afk necros and engis.   

in spvp there are real bots and there are so many of them offhour that i mostly only play at primetime. I saw them also in the silverwastes and Kourna. 

Oh hyperbole, I have yet to see a multiboxer in gw2 when im playing. Im sure they are out there, just not as many as people hype it up to be otherwise I would have seen one by now.. I have only once seen a group of necros and engis farming an area, and it was slow going from what I saw. Pvp is another story, that is competitive play bots are numerous there and need to be cleaned out along with the lag switchers in wvw.

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe these so called bots are still here because anet found a lot of them were not bots, just lazy players. There is criteria for botting, just because someone only whacks a mob once and sends his pet on it does not make him a bot. Now if they are running a program or chain macros then yeah thats a bot. But if I went to istan and pulled out my pets or my turrets on engi and tagged a bunch of mobs then let my minions finish them off, thats not botting, it may be lazy, but its not botting. I see many regular players park alts at farm spots chest spots node farms and cycle through them to farm all the mats they can. Should that be considered non acceptable gameplay?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Oh hyperbole, I have yet to see a multiboxer in gw2 when im playing. Im sure they are out there, just not as many as people hype it up to be otherwise I would have seen one by now.. I have only once seen a group of necros and engis farming an area, and it was slow going from what I saw. Pvp is another story, that is competitive play bots are numerous there and need to be cleaned out along with the lag switchers in wvw.

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe these so called bots are still here because anet found a lot of them were not bots, just lazy players. There is criteria for botting, just because someone only whacks a mob once and sends his pet on it does not make him a bot. Now if they are running a program or chain macros then yeah thats a bot. But if I went to istan and pulled out my pets or my turrets on engi and tagged a bunch of mobs then let my minions finish them off, thats not botting, it may be lazy, but its not botting. I see many regular players park alts at farm spots chest spots node farms and cycle through them to farm all the mats they can. Should that be considered non acceptable gameplay?

That is the issue  game mechanics allow you to sit in an area and farm. I don't need a third party to do so, so should someone get banned for doing something the game allows? 

Brings me nicely to a post regarding the amount of loot the game gets. We could bang the drums of bringing less loot in to make botting useless. Then what? The whole player base has to suffer.

Competitive modes are a different evil, but where do you draw the line? There is nothing stopping me running out to the same spot each time and if i need to afk should it be fair that i get reported because my phone rang or i needed a bio?

TBH if i was to give someone reasons why i would stop playing i wouldn't say bots, in comparison this game hasn't the issue others have.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

That is the issue  game mechanics allow you to sit in an area and farm. I don't need a third party to do so, so should someone get banned for doing something the game allows? 

Brings me nicely to a post regarding the amount of loot the game gets. We could bang the drums of bringing less loot in to make botting useless. Then what? The whole player base has to suffer.

Competitive modes are a different evil, but where do you draw the line? There is nothing stopping me running out to the same spot each time and if i need to afk should it be fair that i get reported because my phone rang or i needed a bio?

TBH if i was to give someone reasons why i would stop playing i wouldn't say bots, in comparison this game hasn't the issue others have.

How long are you gone?

These are in the same spot 24hr a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

They only recast minions. If they die they stay dead till someone resurrects them. They dont attempt to recover, they dont usually heal, and they all stand on top of each other.

I think thats the line. Another example, The hacker i have on my list rotates through the same 10 maps every day, teleporting between nodes, and theve done it for 2 years, when they finish, they swap characters and do it all over again.

Whoever used to run and deal with the bot/hacker side of their game is either non existant now or has given up entirely, and its starting to show more and more.

Its a minor annoyance now, but i have doubts it isnt going to get bigger.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

I had a match where i was the only human in the team in Spvp. They where clearly bots because they can't jump and as a player u can glitch them out (pathing). That results that they run infinite against a wall and spamm the skills. In WvWvW there are also Bots. 

Every Online Game has Cheaters and Bots. But it becomes a problem when there are to many of them. SPvP in Silver and Gold Ranking at offhour is plagued with Bots. I played Gw 2 from 2012 ~ 2017. Back then it had way lesser bots than now. 

Ps: Mirage Bots are a Nightmare

Edited by Grebcol.5984

This is the bane of f2p. Once you allow f2p accounts the bots come. The OP came back from a time before f2p accounts existed and you actually had to buy the core game to play it.

Take away that barrier and the bot army arrives. And no, it's not actually easy to control that, because you can shut down accounts and block domains etc., but the process of identifying them and dealing with them takes longer than it takes for these gold sellers to create a new account.

I suppose that for this game to survive, f2p accounts were necessary but without the barrier of having to spend real money, bots can thrive quite easily. Well f2p accounts and hacked accounts of course, but the latter are not as abundant.

3 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

How long are you gone?

They only recast minions. If they die they stay dead till someone resurrects them. They dont attempt to recover, they dont usually heal, and they all stand on top of each other.

I think thats the line. Another example, The hacker i have on my list rotates through the same 10 maps every day, teleporting between nodes, and theve done it for 2 years, when they finish, they swap characters and do it all over again.

Whoever used to run and deal with the bot/hacker side of their game is either non existant now or has given up entirely, and its starting to show more and more.

If it happens to me next time i'll start a stopwatch.

No real point having a go at me, if bots stop my progress in anyway then yeah i'll want them gone overwise i just live with them. What else is there to do if no one deals with it?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

How long are you gone?

So heres the deal on that. People can find a farm spot easy and sit there and recast minions or turrets or w/e the class mechanic allows them to do that, lazy farmers that are farming btw will do that. Its hard to tell if they are botting or not, I dont think people understand what real botting is. They see a class letting its pets kill the mobs so they get loot and assume they are bots. like i said there is criteria for botting, real bots run a program , they run scripts, you cant ban players for taking the easy way to kill when their very class mechanics allow it. You can ban real bots because that against the tos eula w/e, but thats up to anet to read the data on the account reported and decide if they were really bots or not.

Things may not always be what they seem, I know there are bots, there are bots in every game. but this game has less than most i can assure you, and most of the ones that matter are in pvp, those are true scripting and botting accounts. 

There are countries where they farm mats 24/7 its sad because they use a child labor force to do it usually. they are hard to deal with because many of them are not using botware, they make those people sit at the pc and spam an area. So in essence they are not bots but labor slaves. So they dont meet the criteria of actual bots they are just kept at the pc night and day to farm profit for the people over them. This was a big issue in a lot of games, but there is little to be done about it.

We may not like the lazy farmers but report if you think they are bots and move on, let anet decide.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

How long are you gone?

You had the time to perform 24 hour surveillance in a video game?????????

You actually followed and documented the activities of players for over 24 hours????

Such claims hurt the credibility of your arguments.  If you exaggerate details of your player-tracking, what else do you exaggerate? 

I find it incredibly hard to believe you actually did this.  

Also, if you track me in-game periodically, you'll find that I do a lot of the same things in the same way in the same order.  I'm pretty habitual.  Of course, tracking my activities continuously without pause or break will reveal that I do switch things up.  This is where the credibility issue comes in.  It's likely you didn't really track the activities of players in-game to the same degree of the reconnaissance operations I trained to do and performed while serving as a marine (because that is what you're claiming).

I'm not questioning if bots exist in the game.  They do and ArenaNet handles them using proper infosec procedures.  I question the pervasiveness of bots that you claim to exist. 

I outright reject your notion that ArenaNet does nothing about it or can't handle it.   This is just pure nonsense.  Literally, it is nonsensical with no evidence or logical rationale to back it up..

Edited by Rogue.8235
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Rogue.8235 said:

You had the time to perform 24 hour surveillance in a video game?????????

You actually followed and documented the activities of players for over 24 hours????

Such claims hurt the credibility of your arguments.  If you exaggerate details of your player-tracking, what else do you exaggerate? 

I find it incredibly hard to believe you actually did this. 

I'm not questioning if bots exist in the game.  They do and ArenaNet handles them using proper infosec procedures.  I question the pervasiveness of bots that you claim to exist. 

I outright reject your notion that ArenaNet does nothing about it or can't handle it.   This is just pure nonsense.  Literally, it is nonsensical with no evidence or logical rationale to back it up..

There are days where i cant sleep, yay sleep disorders. Staying up for 72 hours has been my record so far, its really fun, i dont recommend it though. Yay military service! Why bring that up though? Like at all, it really doesnt add anything to your point or argument. "Im a marine, im credible" is what it sounds like you are trying to say, and that..isnt the case either, sorry.

I was however not kidding about the hacker i have on my list, ive been out in maps that they hit and watch them do it(its literally impossible what they do), and theyve gone unbanned for two years. Good times.

When you run through a map over and over doing mapping or to harvest nodes(This is what i do, i dont stalk or harass people, dont condone that activity), and come to the same place, months or weeks apart, and find the same stack of necros, standing on the exact same pixel, doing the exact same thing theyve been doing for months, regardless of what time of day it is, its not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

Good for you on the last two points, you can believe what you like, but you also have no evidence, so those arguments can be used against you.

But hey, it would be very easy for anet to prove they are banning bots/hackers. Release the numbers monthly. Other MMOS show off numbers from time to time, its nice to see proof they are actually dealing with them.

7 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

I'm afraid to tell you that they don't.

I have been through the whole troublesome process of filing a ticket of reporting a constant bot running the same area for least 6 months, with bot pattern so obvious that it constantly execute a timed reset whenever stuck on stair cases, walls and road bumps, the whole email conversation and the data evidence required (GM asked a whole lengthly video from the player side to help them gather evidence), and the execution - the bot still alive after 3 months that I gave up tracking - proves Anet has no real means to technically detect a bot.

At best they could detect players Afk farming a spot using a macro, with plenty of player reports, but if that afk farmer comes back every 30~60 minutes to make a slight activity, he's out of Anet's detection algorithm.

Edited by Vilin.8056

The amount of bots in this game is purely conjecture.  For example, I no longer see zergs of bots escorting yaks in WvW since rewards were nerfed years ago so clearly the amount of bots is less than it used to be.  But hold on.  In sPvP the problem is growing.

My point is that bots move around to where they can get away with it but that doesn't mean the problem is getting better or worse.  It's whack-a-mole.  We players are unable to see the big picture.  All we can do is report it when we see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1