Crashes and freezes during 2nd half of Labyrinthine Cliffs treasure hunt

I had it now 3 times that the game either crashes or freezes and that only during the 2nd half of the Labyrinthine Cliffs treasure hunt. Most of the time I'm on my new Alluring Devilfish skimmer mount. Don't know, if that has something to do with it or not.

Anyone else has this problem during the treasure hunt?

• Like 3

This happened a little while ago for me as well. Game crashed during the 2nd part of the treasure hunt.

I was on my skyscale so I don't think it's a problem with the skimmer skin.

Also getting random connection errors since the mini-patch yesterday which causes the game to freeze and I have to restart it.

I'm having the same issue.  The game freezes abruptly, no warning or problems beforehand, floating around in my skimmer in phase 2 of the treasure hunt and then locked.  The music is still playing, and the rest of the computer is still there; I can ctrl-alt-del to open task manager, or alt tab to select other things, but I can't actually bring any of them to the foreground to use them.  The still image of GW2 dominates the screen and can't be closed, forcing me to restart or sign out.  I also had this problem at Tequatl a couple weeks ago and have been scared to try it again, apparently for good reason if it's the same.

Happened to me last night.  Decided to go and try to do some events for the festival and froze when the second part of the Treasure Hunt started.  Couldn't close Guildwars.  Could interact with my PC but couldn't bring anything to the foreground.  Was forced to shut off my PC in order to close Guildwars.

• Confused 1

Happened twice to me just now, on 2 consecutive maps. In the first crash, during Round 2 of the Treasure Hunt, I was near the pillars with all the houses, switching between my Skimmer and Skyscale. When I logged back in again, I was on a different map that didn't have the Treasure Hunt start yet. Proceeded to finish Round 1.  Come Round 2, surely enough another crash.  This time I was at the center reef area.  Not sure what's causing this issue but it definitely has something to do with Round 2.

For me it crashes every time on the 2nd part of the tresure hunt, it even crashed during the (re)loading of the map after a previous crash.
But I also got the crash during the only time I participated in the skimmer race event.

Would be nice to have a word from A.Net, even just a "ok, we heard you, we're looking into it"...

Edited by Mork.9532
  • Like 1

I just had the crash when I wasn't on any mount at all. I was gliding on the larger SW island and got kicked. There doesn't seem to be any common denominator as to whether I get the crash on or off a mount, under water, above water, gliding, or just running.

I don't crash when I'm in the north part of the map when the event is going, only the south.