Warrior is just not built for 2020 ballance patch, lets fix that

Zekent.3652

CORE WARRIOR: Core warrior just have things that stayed in the 2012 GW2 era. 

Weapons:

-Mace and hammer: give back their damage on burst.

-Axe: remove the burst aftercast (dps pve spellbreaker is also worse than berserk for this reason, and some others).
-Sword: no more "self-root" on burst, and make it a pulsating 1s chain with every adrenaline bar wasted (3s in total), not a 4s chain that is easy to deal with.
-Greatsword: why do skill 3 have a cast time? its useless to use it to react with this to dodge, remove the cast.
-Rifle: cast on rifle 4, why? remove it, also, increase rifle 5 AoE and remove the "self-root" from burst.

Skills:

-Signet of Rage: it's fine, just make this skill passive a class thing, and make the new passive gives you extra adrenaline on critical hits.
-Berserk Stance: it's fine, just give pulsating resolution aswel.
-Frenzy: this got an unjustified nerf, since this works similar to Quickening Zephyr, 40s CD, while frenzy have 45.
-Balanced Stance: Why are stabilities so nerfed on pvp compared to wvw? while some classes still enjoy a good stability resource, like the healguard shout, F3, and juggernaut engineer trait.
-Fear me: great skill idea, the only problem, is that it's the only shout skill that have no ammo mechanic + very high CD, give ammo mechanic to this and reduce the recharge CD to 45s, and weakness to 2s instead of 6 (weakness is way too strong in this game, especially with this duration)
-Shake it off: just change the recharge CD to 60s instead of 75s, please.

Mechanic and traits:

Adrenaline: 
make it work similar to Shroud, you dont loose it out of combat, and that's it.
Last stand: 20% reduced cooldown on stance skills, that's it.

SPELLBREAKER: great concept, sadly not that great ingame, is an eclipsed teamfighter, probably the worst duelist spec, is NOT an antimage anymore, not since resistance nerf.

Weapons: 

Offhand Dagger: dagger 5 should be instant, and last 3s, also not affected by quickness, why would you have quickness on a defensive skill? should be like revenant sword 3 (offensive, and defensive, but not affected by the quickness).

Skills:

Featherfoot Grace:
40s CD, 4s resolution, 4s resistance, remove superspeed, rename it to antimage endurance.
Imminent Threat: this doesn't even procs Dispelling Forcenot even a stunbreak, and a high CD for such a bad skill, literally just a filler skill. reduce cooldown to 25s, 5 of adrenaline gain, 2s taunt, and make taunt proc Dispelling Force (i know, this last part is not lore friendly, but specs are NOT built to be 100% lore friendly lol).
Sight beyond Sight: this should be an spec mechanic, probably merged with burst, warrior really suffers with all the blinds of this game and stealth skills, this should NOT  be such a big problem for a duelist.
Break enchantments: 1s daze for casting skills, yeah, that's what spellbreaker is supposed to be, a punisher of casting skills aswel.
Winds of Disenchantment: 10s duration, on PvP and PvE only, this was the old duration, and didn't even was good enough to stop using signet of rage or rampage with the 10s duration.

Mechanics and traits:

Full Counter: 
its been so hard nerfed since release, make this daze last 2s again, i know you guys want to demolish healbreaker, not even most of warr mains were happy with it, just find another (and better) way.
Guard counter: 3s of resolution aswel.
Loss aversion: 1.0 dmg instead of 0.1, come one Anet, spellbreaker is supposed to punish the spam of boons.
Soon and Moon Style: make this works with every single 1 handed warrior weapon.
Megabane Thether: make the thether an spec thing (obviously without the trait buffs), add unique condition that prevents the target from getting stability, the weakest point of spellbreaker, and also, if FC hits multiple targets, should priorize players, not minions, pets or something else.
Revenge counter: 3 condis reflect instead of copy, 2s resistance, 3s resolution, and remove the dmg increase, the dmg increas doesn't even works for pve, even if it does, Megabane Thether is just far better for dps.

BERSERKER: This spec got even more limitations since the rework, and im so lazy to be more detailed at this point, berserkers are supposed to be unstoppable beasts, give resistance resources to fix this, give back the selfboon for greatsword burst, more might on decapitation (why it's just 1?), unblockable headbutt to compensate the lost of the dmg and break the defenses like the beast its supposed to be, reduce the berserk CD to 10s and being able to get out of this form whenever you want, the F2 give that back, remove the toughness loss and real benefit to rage skills outside of berserk mode, etc.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
Just added a couple things
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Sight Beyond Sight: Remove Blindness and reveal nearby foes (600 radius, 5s). For 5 seconds, gain +240 Precision and immunity to Blind. Count: 2 Cooldown: 5/20.

There, that one's fixed. Wasn't hard.

The problem is, that even with that, still irrelevant, compared to most of warrior skills, for pve, pvp and wvw.

1 hour ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

I approve of most of these changes. But just two things:

Berserker Stance needs stun break added or cooldown reduced to 25 secs.

Featherfoot Grace I agree with but keep the superspeed, I like it and it can be really clutch. 

Yeah, i was thinking the same on Featherfoot Grace, and about berserk stance, yeah maybe, its the only warrior stance that have no stunbreak, but also would increase the CD, even more.

Edit: dont mind me about berserk stance having an even higher CD for stunbreak lol, its already high enough atm, 40s

Edited by Zizekent.2398

2 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Sight Beyond Sight: Remove Blindness and reveal nearby foes (600 radius, 5s). For 5 seconds, gain +240 Precision and immunity to Blind. Count: 2 Cooldown: 5/20.

There, that one's fixed. Wasn't hard.

To quote myself on the omnibus and the changes I suggested for Meditations and Rage Skills as well as the implementation of utility-type related traits in the especs:

Main focus to read here is: Featherfoot grace becomes a barrier/Superspeed stunbreak and the resistance is moved over to the 2 charges of Sight Beyond Sight. Small packets of resistance in 2 charges would allow for the skill to see more extensive use with its added benefits and Featherfoot Grace would not be an obsolete stunbreak as barrier is more than welcome in warrior builds. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

To quote myself on the omnibus and the changes I suggested for Meditations and Rage Skills as well as the implementation of utility-type related traits in the especs:

Main focus to read here is: Featherfoot grace becomes a barrier/Superspeed stunbreak and the resistance is moved over to the 2 charges of Sight Beyond Sight. Small packets of resistance in 2 charges would allow for the skill to see more extensive use with its added benefits and Featherfoot Grace would not be an obsolete stunbreak as barrier is more than welcome in warrior builds. 

I really like the idea of barrier replacing resistance on featherfoot to be honest. And moving resistance to SBS is a great idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This class has so many problems that I don't think they can repair it anymore.. like almost every single ability needs some kind of upgrade to keep it up with 2021 of other classes...

I play only warrior due to nostalgia, "once we were great", but if this game would have a subscription fee I'd have cancelled long ago due to how messy and neglected the state of this class is.

59 minutes ago, Ochosan.4071 said:

I think it's beyond depressing that Spellbreaker, seemingly designed for PvP, has no usable class skills in PvP. Every skill used in PvP these days are core warrior skills, that's just bad design and balance.

Please fix Spellbreaker, ANet.

Unfortunately won't happen, anet has the awesome quality of never admitting their wrong, nor do they right the wrongs.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, what about Natural Healing? in what world is it a good idea? probably the worst healing skill of the game, there's some bad healing skills, but this one, removing 7 boons from yourself, even more than Attacker's Insight max stack, pretty ??? bunch of interrogation marks 

Warrior gameplay is still stuck in 2012, and it's the only class that isn't overrun with passive abilities, procs, etc., that virtually play the game for them. It's the only class that relies on raw damage for passive healing, but isn't actually given decent damage. I can be easily outburst by most other specs that can do it while moving. Warrior's best bursts are short-range AOE's or roots in the case of GS2.

It's a dying class in PvP because the theme has stayed true to 2012 while every single other class has grown in power exponentially.

They said they wanted to use current warrior as a baseline for how a class should be balanced, but refuse to actually adjust any other class down to warriors level. They've basically said "we haven't allowed powercreep to hit warrior, but we're not going to nerf anyone else to be in line with them, despite saying that warrior is our baseline." Essentially, Anet has admitted that powercreep has hit every other class but refuses to spread that to warrior.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Featherfoot Grace should keep its superspeed even with the proposed changes and stay at 5 seconds for the existing boons. 4 seconds of less condi damage does next to nothing, and even 40 seconds is an absurd cd for a stunbreak compared to what other classes have. Even lowering it to 40 s cd and giving it some resolution wont make it amazing, especially not with the rest of your skills being what they are. Most of all it will compete with the direct damage immunity skill and the superspeed is the only way it does that even remotely.

Though honestly I just look at what ranger has on the skillbars and I don't feel like warrior will ever compete.

Edited by Hotride.2187