Solo Gauntlet in Festival of the Four Winds

Gorem.8104

I love it. Honestly its one of those features you wish was in the main game. Practicing on these things are like suped up target dummies with mechanics that are a great way to test builds in a pve environment against mostly one target too! 

Even if the last boss of T3 took a bit, it was honestly quite fun and at the end, felt like I had earnt the mini and AP. This feature is a banger. Great place to test beta characters too honestly! My first Fotfw, and its a blast and a half. Such good mastery exp. 

Thanks Anet! 🙂

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Something like this should be a mandatory tutorial feature.

I have to agree with this!  There are a lot of builds various opponents forced me to use that otherwise, I wouldn't have tried, and it's a spectacular way to learn various skill mechanics.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The gauntlet has one significant problem though: the rewards for doing it were nerfed into nonexistence. Once you've done those bosses, there's little point to return to try again.

It would be nice if we had more incentive to participate in this event once the achievements are completed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The gauntlet has one significant problem though: the rewards for doing it were nerfed into nonexistence. Once you've done those bosses, there's little point to return to try again.

Yeah for sure this, it would be nice if they dropped something, especially the harder ones. I mean they cost tickets and are a harder fight then most champs are, yet don't drop anything champ worthy. Especially if you use gambits. 

Right now it appears you only do them for the achievements, then afterwards there appears to be not much point to doing them at all. Even if its really fun and i'll enjoy it daily with the daily event achievements, it would be nice if it was a viable farming spot. 

Hearing that the rewards were nerfed, is a bit disheartening, as this is my first festival, so had no idea there was more incentive to do these hard fights before. I Mean if you can beat that dark boss with light you should be rewarded each time hah. 

40 minutes ago, Yakkus.8765 said:

Can anyone recommend a build and strategy for Blobs/Schmobs on a Guardian? I've got a FB build, but I can't do it without killing some of the other oozes. This is driving me crazy!

I tried it on dragonhunter, but the longbow pierces. I went scepter only, but kept dying to the oozes. Burn guardian is a no-no, there's no way you will avoid hitting the oozes. Power FB with hammer maybe? If you banish Subject 7, then go gs on it when the oozes are away? Haven't tried that.

Also tried with rifle warrior, same thing happened. Skills pierce the little guys too. And Dulfy's guide doesn't work because the oozes don't follow me, they just stick to the boss.

I managed to get it on scourge, just sceptering and torching and daggering Subject 7 alone, after I feared it into the edge of the arena and kept fearing the other oozes away. 

Maybe ranger would be viable as well? 

Edited by wondermuffin.9680
  • Like 1

The gauntlet is basically the only actual solo content (apart from gimmicky adventures and mount races) in this game. It is great content, but there‘s just so few of it.

I wish we had more of that type of content not bound to a festival and with more reasons to repeat it.

Edited by Raknar.4735
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/6/2021 at 7:35 PM, wondermuffin.9680 said:

I tried it on dragonhunter, but the longbow pierces. I went scepter only, but kept dying to the oozes. Burn guardian is a no-no, there's no way you will avoid hitting the oozes. Power FB with hammer maybe? If you banish Subject 7, then go gs on it when the oozes are away? Haven't tried that.

Also tried with rifle warrior, same thing happened. Skills pierce the little guys too. And Dulfy's guide doesn't work because the oozes don't follow me, they just stick to the boss.

I managed to get it on scourge, just sceptering and torching and daggering Subject 7 alone, after I feared it into the edge of the arena and kept fearing the other oozes away. 

Maybe ranger would be viable as well? 

I did it on my Ranger, in fact I did the entire Gauntlet and all achievements on my Ranger. Hizen's Soulbeast build is a menace, but its mainly ST so works well on this boss. (I use Poison Trap for aoe when needed and Shortbow instead of torch) As for Guardian, I'd have no clue how to prevent yourself from doing aoe damage. Main thing would be to just find abilities that have small cleave and go ham (don't play guardian) 

Yeah it would be nice indeed to have more incentive to do it, its too bad they nerfed the awards to much - what I heard is they used to drop a good deal of the event tokens, but Anet nerfed it to prevent farming, almost making this run give basically nothing after the first way through. 

Honestly if you fight a t3 boss or higher with multiple gambits and win you should be rewarded for doing it 😛 

On 9/6/2021 at 3:57 AM, Yakkus.8765 said:

Can anyone recommend a build and strategy for Blobs/Schmobs on a Guardian? I've got a FB build, but I can't do it without killing some of the other oozes. This is driving me crazy!

I did it on my firebrand, used sword, mainly because of sword 3 and focus for the single target burn and the protection which helps with the damage from the cumulative blobs. I also used sanctuary to try to push as many blobs as possible away from subject 7. I barely managed to do it, in fact I was pushed to the point of having to cleave subject 7 with everything I had because I almost died, when I killed it I thought I had failed Blobs/Schmobs but no, I was able to barely get it, Guardian is probably one of the hardest class to use for Blobs/Schmobs.