Looking for some experienced players with a helpful mind

Sperber.5093

Greetings

I've been playing this game for a long time now and for the majority of the time the community has been great. So great that I try to give back to it whenever I can. 
That's why I often open up a group in the Mentoring LFG to try and help out newer, unexperienced or returning players. It has been well visited and my followers list grew quite a lot over the time I've been doing this. 

Lately I've been thinking about going a bit further with it and creating a little community where players with questions could have a place where there could ask them and get profound help from a part of the community that has the answers to all their of their many questions.

Yesterday I've created the guild "Mentors Waypoint [INFO] and today I started asking the people that join my lfg if they have an interest in joining such a place to may get further help on their travels if they come across any problems. 
It's not much yet, but maybe it'll grow some more.

Coming to the point for this post, the guild isn't of any use if it's only one person being a mentor. So I thought I'd ask here if there are any players who are active in the game and don't mind helping out a newer/returning/unexperienced player every now and then. 
I don't necessarily intend it to be a point to socialize in or do activities togehter, but more so a InGame Tutorial Hub. 

If you are interested in helping or maybe a full of questions about the game yourself feel free to whisper one of the following ingame or leave a message here. 
Sperber.5093
At the moment you can reach me at pretty much any time from 14-22 UTC+2 although those times can vary a bit.
Best regards 
Sperber.5093

Edit: EU Server
Edit2:
I've seen that there is another project of this kind and I do think that 1 big helping community is better than 2 smaller ones.
So I'll be regarding to his post here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/guildrecruitment/comments/pqi3t5/aka_eu_60_guild_and_growing_focusing_on/

Edited by Sperber.5093
  • Like 2

First of all, kudos for your passion and work! Helping the community/new players, is the best way to improve the experience for everyone, as happy/non toxic players make other similar players, like a chain.

I browse every day the section story/achievements/central tyria, to see if there are people in need of some help (even if I'm not that experienced, although I admit that I rarely join a request for Migraine). Most of the times, they are not new players. Maybe LFG is not such an intuitive tool, or people simply prefer to play the game at their own pace, at the beginning. I find more mentors spamming low lv maps than posts of new players in LFG. But you probably had a different experience, since you are more active.

Have you ever thought about creating a guild only (or mainly) for f2p players, since they might have constant need of help (some fractal, buying runes/sigils)? Maybe Anet would even get more paying players that way :D

About your request, I'd gladly help, but I already have 5 guilds. I should quit 1, sooner or later (they mainly belong to dear but inactive friends, so I feel kinda tied to them).

You are right in thinking the LFG is a very unintuitive tool for new players. At least I would think so. Nonetheless do a lot of people join into mine. 
Spamming in map chat just isn't my thing to be honest, but reason I did make this guild now is maybe one day become a reffered-to place if people ask for help, and so becoming a kinda intuitive way for new players. 
Also there arent really any other ways, and not all people will straight away go to forums/reddit etc for information, so I want to keep it as much InGame as possible.

On the "Joing groups to help with Achievments"
The project is more based around helping with questions and guiding people to the sources where they can find the right information rather then directly pulling people through troubling content, although I do that too (Just went through PoF Maps twice today to help 2 people get their first elite). 
That's the spirit, more is always welcome of course. 

A guild only for F2P Players doesnt make too much sense I guess. I don't exclude F2P and I don't see a good reason why I would exclude others specifically.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Urud.4925 said:

First of all, kudos for your passion and work! Helping the community/new players, is the best way to improve the experience for everyone, as happy/non toxic players make other similar players, like a chain.

I browse every day the section story/achievements/central tyria, to see if there are people in need of some help (even if I'm not that experienced, although I admit that I rarely join a request for Migraine). Most of the times, they are not new players. Maybe LFG is not such an intuitive tool, or people simply prefer to play the game at their own pace, at the beginning. I find more mentors spamming low lv maps than posts of new players in LFG. But you probably had a different experience, since you are more active.

Have you ever thought about creating a guild only (or mainly) for f2p players, since they might have constant need of help (some fractal, buying runes/sigils)? Maybe Anet would even get more paying players that way :D

About your request, I'd gladly help, but I already have 5 guilds. I should quit 1, sooner or later (they mainly belong to dear but inactive friends, so I feel kinda tied to them).

I think a lot of people who use the LFG tool never start their own groups. There's often been times when I've started one for a dungeon run or low level Fractal where I say everyone is welcome and it fills up quite quickly, even though there were no other groups listed when I looked. It seems unlikely a bunch of people started looking right at the same moment I did so I think what's happening is people were there waiting for a group to start but didn't want to do it themselves.

I suspect it's partially because of the perception that whoever starts the groups is the 'leader' and will be expected to know the content and guide everyone else (I always make sure to tell them when I don't know it).

• Like 1

I usually run into new players while doing Open World stuff. This morning I have met 2 in Drytop. We did a little q&a session, invited one of them to my main-guild so they can get more knowledge. However my main-guild (not the one in my signature!) is on a member-cap and technically not a newbie-helper, mostly falls into the social guild category. I'm not active enough to be a mentor, but I could function as some kind of agent. When I come across more people who seek knowledge, I would direct them to your guild.

If you happen to have more people with invite rights, please update the post/thread with their account names. In addition, it would be nice to have your guild's name and the time-zone, most of the mentors are from. 

12 minutes ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

I usually run into new players while doing Open World stuff. This morning I have met 2 in Drytop. We did a little q&a session, invited one of them to my main-guild so they can get more knowledge. However my main-guild (not the one in my signature!) is on a member-cap and technically not a newbie-helper, mostly falls into the social guild category. I'm not active enough to be a mentor, but I could function as some kind of agent. When I come across more people who seek knowledge, I would direct them to your guild.

If you happen to have more people with invite rights, please update the post/thread with their account names. In addition, it would be nice to have your guild's name and the time-zone, most of the mentors are from. 

Any help is appreciated! 
As of now any member of the guild has the right to invite people, as I dont see any reason why it would'nt be that way.
One person already came to my aid, I'll ask him and possible future mentors if I can share their Accountname here.
I'll add the name and my timezone in the post, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...