Warrior Silhouette?

Raknar.4735

19 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Its either that, or it could be showing a one handed pistol and one handed sword. 

In either case, it looks like we not getting dual wield pistols 

You missing the double barrels on the gloves? suggesting that those are the pistols and not the 'sword gun'.

1 hour ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

Man, imagine not kits but conjure...

You are welcome from ele forum.

Might be more likely to have something like a conjure mechanic than freely swapping into kits like an engineer, yeah. Maybe even something like the old conjures (or firebrand tomes) of having a limited amount of ammunition when using those skills. Should be interesting either way if balanced appropriately, though!

14 minutes ago, Ochosan.4071 said:

If we get a gunblade mechanic, this will seriously be dope... for about one to two weeks when it's playable then nerfed into the ground.

A warriors life this. I mean, its hard to get hyped for Warrior. Yeah they will totally let us dominate and be the highlight and fotm for EoD. Totally, that is exactly how Anet and Gw2 works. 😛 

If its good, it will be nerfed. 

If its bad, it won't be buffed 😄 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I have two guesses;

This is either a photon forge mode that changes your weapon skills into this GUNBLADE mode.

Or when Arenanet said "we are breaking old rules when it comes to weapons on elite specs", this is one of them and warriors get offhand pistol AND this is the first spec that changes core weapon skills and it changes 1H sword skills when you have this elite spec equipped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MatyrGustav.6210 said:

The other way i see this working is the Gunblade, and Gloves are two seperate kits used with F2 and F3 while regular pistol(s) is added as a normal weapon. F1 is the normal adrenaline strike for the weapon in hand.

But the gloves are the pistols, why does everyone keep overlooking the giant double barrels on the gloves?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

But the gloves are the pistols, why does everyone keep overlooking the giant double barrels on the gloves?

I lean more towards believing that the armor pieces in the picture are indeed armor pieces, while the weapon shown in the picture is the elite spec weapon.

The barrels are most likely just deco, there are elite spec armor pieces with such things while they don't serve a gameplay function.

Spellbreaker has daggers on the shoulder skin, which are not used, it just reinforces the dagger theme (how the bullets and barrels on the gauntlets could also reinforce the pistol theme, while not being gameplay relevant).

Druid has animal decor on the shoulders, the spec doesn't work alot with the pet, it actually even weakens them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I lean more towards believing that the armor pieces in the picture are indeed armor pieces, while the weapon shown in the picture is the elite spec weapon.

The barrels are most likely just deco, there are elite spec armor pieces with such things while they don't serve a gameplay function.

Spellbreaker has daggers on the shoulder skin, which are not used, it just reinforces the dagger theme (how the bullets and barrels on the gauntlets could also reinforce the pistol theme, while not being gameplay relevant).

Druid has animal decor on the shoulders, the spec doesn't work alot with the pet, it actually even weakens them.

In a normal situation I'd agree, however they have highlighted both the weapon and the mechanic in the warriors teaser. So far they have not highlighted any armour parts, even the Necromancer who had a hat on, only the weapon and the vials were highlighted. Revenant, the weapon is highlighted and the big blue foefire like blast is also highlighted. All of the Gen 3 elite specs have shown the weapon and mechanic in the image.

I believe the weapons are the glove guns, the sword is the new mechanic, which honestly could be either kits, conjure's or a new form of burst (like engineer, ranger and like necromancer).

The only thing that is throwing me off, is the red/black shadow behind the warrior, what on earth does this represent? a thief theme on warrior? or an elementalist theme on warrior with fire (fitting for guns and a flaming sword i must say).

3 minutes ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

In a normal situation I'd agree, however they have highlighted both the weapon and the mechanic in the warriors teaser. So far they have not highlighted any armour parts, even the Necromancer who had a hat on, only the weapon and the vials were highlighted. Revenant, the weapon is highlighted and the big blue foefire like blast is also highlighted. All of the Gen 3 elite specs have shown the weapon and mechanic in the image.

I believe the weapons are the glove guns, the sword is the new mechanic, which honestly could be either kits, conjure's or a new form of burst (like engineer, ranger and like necromancer).

The only thing that is throwing me off, is the red/black shadow behind the warrior, what on earth does this represent? a thief theme on warrior? or an elementalist theme on warrior with fire (fitting for guns and a flaming sword i must say).

Well, if we are honest, then the teaser pictures in general have not been consistent.

Harbinger teaser image has been mostly black with just some highlights in necro green.

This new teaser on the other hand is entirely coloured in the warrior colour palette.

Willbender teaser image was handled differently by just making the image alot darker, which allowed players to lighten it up to find specific armor details on it (and which changes with some colours a bit, hence why people thought it's thief because of colour).

Point is: there are many differences between the teaser images. I wouldn't deduct the fact that these 2 things are shown more clear this time as evidence that they are something different than what you'd usually expect them to.

• Like 3

I'd be more excited if they put up a long list of blurred out words and said it was a patch notes tease for an upcoming patch dedicated to only fixing warrior and bringing the class up to date. I'd buy it instead of an expansion along with a founder's edition if they offered it.

But to take a guess about the silhouette, I'd say the gun gloves may give the same playstyle like Berserker from Black Desert Online and Karok from Vindictus using the gloves in punches causing short range explosions along with a single long range cannon/big boom ability.

The sword is probably using something similar to either primal bursts from berserker or holosmith's photon forge where its a mode warrior will be able to enter. It's most likely has something to do with the new gimmick of the new espec.