Warrior Silhouette?

Raknar.4735

33 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Point is: there are many differences between the teaser images. I wouldn't deduct the fact that these 2 things are shown more clear this time as evidence that they are something different than what you'd usually expect them to.

Yes, but all of them so far have shown the mechanic and weapon in the same teaser image. Guardians was shown by its high emphasis on movement, necromancer was shown with its vials highlighted on its belt, Mesmer's was shown in the form of daggers above its head, Revenant's appears to be shown with the giant flame erupting from the floor.

Im confident the gloves are the pistols but not 100%, eitherway one of these two items shown is the mechanic and the other is the weapon. I will go out and say that it would be kitten odd for a 'weapons master' to only get to use one pistol and not two (all 1 handed weapons used in the main hand can also be used in the offhand). This is another factor to why I believe the gloves are the weapons.

We shall see in 2 weeks time when they reveal the trailers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

Yes, but all of them so far have shown the mechanic and weapon in the same teaser image. Guardians was shown by its high emphasis on movement, necromancer was shown with its vials highlighted on its belt, Mesmer's was shown in the form of daggers above its head, Revenant's appears to be shown with the giant flame erupting from the floor.

Im confident the gloves are the pistols but not 100%, eitherway one of these two items shown is the mechanic and the other is the weapon. I will go out and say that it would be kitten odd for a 'weapons master' to only get to use one pistol and not two (all 1 handed weapons used in the main hand can also be used in the offhand). This is another factor to why I believe the gloves are the weapons.

We shall see in 2 weeks time when they reveal the trailers.

Wouldn't find it so odd to give warrior just one pistol this time, tbh.

They even said that they are breaking some design rules this time. "Warriors dual wield by default" could easily be one of the rules they break for them now. They never said that these rules breaks are always beneficial.

Necromancer always gained additional health through their shroud, but they broke the rule now with blight, which makes necros lose health percentages if they use their shroud. It is breaking the rule in a negative way, but this is to create design space in other areas (allowing necros to get more damage for becoming more fragile).

But yes, we will soon see what's the case here. I would personally find it way more odd if these gloves end up being the weapon than if warrior just gets to wield pistol in one hand.

Either way, my engineer gets a cool new pistol skin to use, since both the weapon on the teaser and the gloves look really cool.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 1

You guys are being ridiculous. 

Every single elite spec art WILL show the elite spec armour skin you get from unlocking it, AND the weapon skin for completing the achievement. You can go back and look at every old espec splash art to recognize this. Virtuoso/Harbinger/Willbender prominently display both too. (One exception in DH who isn't using his weapon skin). 

It's obvious from the silhouette that the rest of the armour is the crafted 80 exotic skin set, Draconic. That just leaves the gun gauntlets as a thematically appropriate armour skin for the spec. 

Additionally, if you pay attention to the "sword" the silhouette is holding, there's clearly a pistol that comprises everything other than the blade, which seems to be made of fire/sfx: https://i.imgur.com/wGyO1NC.png

Edited by Jzaku.9765
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

But the gloves are the pistols, why does everyone keep overlooking the giant double barrels on the gloves?

The Gloves themselves cannot be the pistols. How would the Current pistols and skins work visually then? no no nooo lol. 

has to be either ...

A. The Gunblade is the pistol  Anet could add a generic or unique sheath to each current pistol skin. The gloves could be a kit or new mechanic.

or.

B. Both Gunblade and Gloves are the elites new mechanics (Kits?) while warrior will still get normal Pistol(s).

• Like 1

Thinking on it, I could definitely see the gauntlets being linked to a "you have hidden guns in your gloves" skill or group of skills. For other gloves, this could simply be explained as the guns being more carefully hidden.

Similar to how engineers can have a gun built into their belt without anyone being able to tell by looking at them.

2 hours ago, MatyrGustav.6210 said:

The Gloves themselves cannot be the pistols. How would the Current pistols and skins work visually then? no no nooo lol. 

This would work if the gloves aren't a glove slot item, but a weapon slot item. Imagine dual pistols at the ready but with this gloves. It would look almost like someone is putting up a fighting stance with their hands, but  punch to fire.

But really we have no clue and all of this is just fun conjecture.

2 hours ago, MatyrGustav.6210 said:

has to be either ...

A. The Gunblade is the pistol  Anet could add a generic or unique sheath to each current pistol skin. The gloves could be a kit or new mechanic.

or.

B. Both Gunblade and Gloves are the elites new mechanics (Kits?) while warrior will still get normal Pistol(s).

I actually think B is the most likely.

7 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Wouldn't find it so odd to give warrior just one pistol this time, tbh.

They even said that they are breaking some design rules this time. "Warriors dual wield by default" could easily be one of the rules they break for them now. They never said that these rules breaks are always beneficial.

Warriors mechanic has alaways revolved around the burst mechanic, I would honestly say warrior is losing access to all burst skills and gaining access to new F keys.
This would cause the biggest change in gameplay for warrior, as now you wont be seeing the same Arcing slice attack, you also will not be able to rely on a 10k crit F1 attack to finish off another player as this will be more than likely replaced with a whole new weapon / kit.

I am honestly welcoming a more complex warrior, I hope this is it, a class that now requires you to pick the skills you wish to use to do well in the right situation. i.e. F1 for attack kits (Gunsword) F2 for defence kits (some form of Gunshield) F3 for healing kits (some form of Healing grenade launcher) F4 for support kits, the boon weapon kit (in some form of rocket launcher, fire it in the sky for boons AOE or fire it at a target to cause a slight debuff/damage), however all the kits would need to be locked behind adrenalin and you build up to use them for 5 - 10 and 15s. I would however love to see a system in place that lets you come out early to save the remaining adrenalin to use. (like necro's shroud).

The question then comes if this is how the warrior will be, will the warrior lose access to weapon swap as a result? I will be curious to see, if it does, I am totally ok with it.

This is what the elite spec teaser says to me in terms of the mechanic. Warrior is losing access to the normal burst skills.

Either way Im just hyped i finally get to use pistol on warrior, ive been waiting for this for over a year + from when I made HOPE for warrior.

Edited by Smoosh.2718

53 minutes ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

Warriors mechanic has alaways revolved around the burst mechanic, I would honestly say warrior is losing access to all burst skills and gaining access to new F keys.
This would cause the biggest change in gameplay for warrior, as now you wont be seeing the same Arcing slice attack, you also will not be able to rely on a 10k crit F1 attack to finish off another player as this will be more than likely replaced with a whole new weapon / kit.

I am honestly welcoming a more complex warrior, I hope this is it, a class that now requires you to pick the skills you wish to use to do well in the right situation. i.e. F1 for attack kits (Gunsword) F2 for defence kits (some form of Gunshield) F3 for healing kits (some form of Healing grenade launcher) F4 for support kits, the boon weapon kit (in some form of rocket launcher, fire it in the sky for boons AOE or fire it at a target to cause a slight debuff/damage), however all the kits would need to be locked behind adrenalin and you build up to use them for 5 - 10 and 15s. I would however love to see a system in place that lets you come out early to save the remaining adrenalin to use. (like necro's shroud).

The question then comes if this is how the warrior will be, will the warrior lose access to weapon swap as a result? I will be curious to see, if it does, I am totally ok with it.

This is what the elite spec teaser says to me in terms of the mechanic. Warrior is losing access to the normal burst skills.

Either way Im just hyped i finally get to use pistol on warrior, ive been waiting for this for over a year + from when I made HOPE for warrior.

Coincidentally I'm on HOPE III atm.

7 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Coincidentally I'm on HOPE III atm.

Should have made it when I did as well (^.-) . I just had a very strong belief it was happening.

The pistol has honestly got the best effects out of all pistols. Also my main reason for loving it is that it reminds me massivly of Freelancer if you remember that space game. ( I honestly wouldnt be surprised if the cannon effects were inspired by this game)

Edited by Smoosh.2718

What if no blade ... just a sheath the hilt transforms into a gun when unsheathed and back to sword hilt when sheathed.. as for the gloves it's the class mechanic.

It would be cool if you can do shotgun boxing with those gloves really neat martial arts style

The downside is the silhouette shows only one weapon therefore one gun ... just a theory 

18 minutes ago, kazimarou.9472 said:

What if no blade ... just a sheath the hilt transforms into a gun when unsheathed and back to sword hilt when sheathed.. as for the gloves it's the class mechanic.

It would be cool if you can do shotgun boxing with those gloves really neat martial arts style

The downside is the silhouette shows only one weapon therefore one gun ... just a theory 

Or the sheath is the mechanic and the pistol gloves are the weapon.

38 minutes ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

Should have made it when I did as well (^.-) . I just had a very strong belief it was happening.

The pistol has honestly got the best effects out of all pistols. Also my main reason for loving it is that it reminds me massivly of Freelancer if you remember that space game. ( I honestly wouldnt be surprised if the cannon effects were inspired by this game)

I wanted to wait and see what specs were getting it. I'll definitely want  it for Harbinger.